IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick Abben is the spokesperson for the local LE, not the lead detective. Mostly likely, he knows only what those in charge want him to know for these pressers.

Evidence @ the lab to indicate they're alive...
Maybes:
Ransom note, runaway note, voicemail, txt message, video evidence..
What else could you have evidence wise to indicate that someone is alive?
Nothing to indicate someone is dead and evidence pointing to someone being alive is very different IMO.

Would anyone that has more experience care to offer an opinion on, what sounds like, a completely different tone to this presser than say yesterday's? Are they losing hope or is it just a difference in speakers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm only wagering a guess but IMHO it sounds like
LE may THINK the girls were on a paddle boat after
they got off their bikes.

Notice it was just stated that there is NO RESULT OF LDT.
Sounds much different than what is being said by LDT taker. IMHO

http://www.kypost.com/dpps/news/national/mom-of-missing-iowa-girl-says-she-passes-polygraph_7700367

The thing is, people were all over that lake...not really, but it was well used and in quite a built up area.

If those girls were in a paddle boat, trust me, the whole neighbourhood wouldve heard them laughing, screeching, and splashing about. Those things are FUN! Even getting INTO one takes about five minutes of hysterical laughter while you balance it, splash your buddy, try to tip them out, etc, etc.

Plus, they would've had to have got it from somewhere...untied it perhaps from someone's pontoon, which I personally would've considered stealing at that young age.

The fact they drained the lake and didn't rush off in an opposite direction altogether?

Plus no one in the family said "uh uh, they aren't our girls bikes"

Plus, they were taped riding the bikes?

Dunno, maybe the Investigators are smart enough to confirm it without actually declaring it?

If they weren't the girls bikes, are there two MORE missing bikers?

Highly unlikely.

If the 12:27 witness saw bicycles belonging to someone else, it's almost a certainty that the owners came back, picked up their bicycles and went on with their day.

So Abben is not confident the girls were on their bikes at the lake....

How do the bikes (with or without the girls) get from behind Lederman's (at 12:15) to the place on the path where TG says he saw them (before 12:27)?

Maybe the video of the girls riding their bikes behind Lederman's is not really of the girls. Maybe two kids stole their bikes and purse and took off - headed to the lake, dropped the bikes, looked in the purse and then tossed it.

FWIW, yesterday the FBI spokesperson said no ransom note.

Maybe they have a "Dear Mom & Dad" note? Maybe one of the girls kept a journal. Maybe they are thinking that Lyric tried to run away once so that's probably what happened this time. I'm not saying I think that, but maybe??

I tried to run away once. I left a note for my parents, hoping for some sympathy and attention. Instead I got chewed out & grounded!!

If Lyric is living in a home charged with conflict (domestic violence) it would not be unexpected for her to be crying out for attention. And, if she has ever seen a counselor for any reason, it would not be unexpected that she would be keeping a journal. I've done DV counseling for years and have frequently recommended that a child begin a journal.

Just a thought. I have no idea.

This whole situation is so sad! I hope they find them asap. Was the grandma the last person ro c them? Is she raising them?

I'm wondering if they want to talk to the paddleboat person to see if that person saw the biker guy, for example by the shoreline or something, and if he did, what did he see. Just a wild guess that biker might have said there was a paddleboat person near in order to deal with that confusing timeline. It really has to be from 12:15 (when the video was taken) to 1:00. Actually, it really needs to be from about 12:30 onward, but 12-1 includes the 12:20/27 times that have been discussed. Possible that paddleboat person was paddling later than that too and saw something later. Just brainstorming. Not trying to implicate biker guy, just thinking they are trying to see if they are trying to nail the timing down with another witness. All my own opinion and imagination. Oh yeah, and then he (spokesman) has to pretend he doesn't know what he himself is talking about. Oh...and maybe there was no paddleboat person. Heh

IMO, it appears to be hardball time now (tone of the presser today).

Would anyone that has more experience care to offer an opinion on, what sounds like, a completely different tone to this presser than say yesterday's? Are they losing hope or is it just a difference in speakers?

Just different people speaking.

Something you eat once or only once in a while won't make much difference in your scent.

To us! Maybe not to these Wonder dogs! Anyway pretty much o/t...for sake of this case I guess.

Dog handlers have done a huge amount of experimentation. So have various agencies that use scent dogs.

I do know a particular person who was a popular track layer because he was Asian and ate industrial quantities of garlic every day. Dogs would follow this guy's tracks like they were on rails. It was kind of amazing to watch but not enough to persuade other tracklayers to eat enough garlic to get the same effect.

Kidnapping is a serious crime that means the death penalty doesn't it? So the idea that the children were absconded with by perps known or semi known to the family means these guys are really stupid and can they afford to release the children without putting themselves in death's way? Even a sort of sick pay back or revenge means that most likely the children are just gone unless rescued by giant efforts from LE or a great tip.

No DP in Iowa...so murder and 1st-degree kidnapping would be LWOP at most.
IMO, the reason not to return the girls is because...they can't.
Even in the very, very few cases of ransom for $ in this country, the victims were already dead in almost all of them.

I'm only wagering a guess but IMHO it sounds like
LE may THINK the girls were on a paddle boat after
they got off their bikes.

Notice it was just stated that there is NO RESULT OF LDT.
Sounds much different than what is being said by LDT taker. IMHO

http://www.kypost.com/dpps/news/national/mom-of-missing-iowa-girl-says-she-passes-polygraph_7700367

FWIW, LE never releases (at least in my recollection since following cases) LDT results to the public during an ongoing investigation. Usually the press asks - LE says can't discuss results and the taker of LDT is asked by press and divulges what LE allegedly told them about it. SOP :moo:

The thing is, people were all over that lake...not really, but it was well used and in quite a built up area.

If those girls were in a paddle boat, trust me, the whole neighbourhood wouldve heard them laughing, screeching, and splashing about. Those things are FUN! Even getting INTO one takes about five minutes of hysterical laughter while you balance it, splash your buddy, try to tip them out, etc, etc.

Plus, they would've had to have got it from somewhere...untied it perhaps from someone's pontoon, which I personally would've considered stealing at that young age.

Lol not necessity.
Not if the girls were LET'S SAY secretly meeting someone at the lake.
Someone who asked them to be quiet when they climbed into the paddle
boat.
:waitasec:

So who took them?

If LE is confident that they are alive and that the presser would not jeopardize their safety, well I wonder if they have a fair idea of who took them. Seems like it to me. JMO.

No DP in Iowa...so murder and 1st-degree kidnapping would be LWOP at most.
IMO, the reason not to return the girls is because...they can't.
Even in the very, very few cases of ransom for $ in this country, the victims were already dead in almost all of them.

Thank you. I had missed that Iowa does not have the DP. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm a VA girl, where not only do we have the DP but we tend to carry it out. Either way I hope these girls are brought home safe.

I see a chance that they are alive, and that would be if someone who does want something from the parents of one of the other took them as a kind of revenge or threat. But I feel as though that would have been uncovered by now. How many enemies of that type can people really have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member