IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about anyone else, and I am seriously NOT trying to bash LE...but there have been WAY too many mentions here of "no one came and checked my house...or questioned me at all."

I am not "local"...about 30 mins south of Evansdale, so no...no one came to my house. BUT, I don't understand how every single house in Evansdale hasn't been scoured - TOP TO BOTTOM, sheds, garages, etc.

This is just crazy...Ollipop lives just a block or 2 away, has children in the home and his house hasn't been checked? And did I read that he hasn't even been questioned at his home?

How can I not question the competency of LE? BUT - within the first 24-48 hrs of these girls go missing we have all RSO within a 10 mile radius cleared. If you look at studies, RSO are not anymore likely to re-offend than any person charged with theft, OWI, etc. RSO aren't the ONLY people that should have been "cleared"...I would think every house in Evansdale should have been visited, questioned, and searched.

And sorry - but I don't think the standard warrant requirement applies in cases like this - minutes can mean the difference between life and death.

They shouldn't have to go through all the legal rigamarole of getting warrants for each house. I have faith that 99% of the people in Evansdale would gladly let LE into their home. The 1% that won't? - then get warrants, and FAST.:banghead:

I also did not receive a visit from LE and I live approx. 1.5 to 2 blocks from where the bikes were found. I seen searchers on Sat afternoon after the disappearance walking down our street and through yards. That was the extent of it at my home. I also had my car searched on Gilbert Rd, where the officer actually crawled into my trunk area (suv).

Doesn't the date say 12 (year) / 7 (month) / 13 (day)? That is correct, isn't it?

:nevermind:
Darn Dyslexia acting up again…

:iamashamed:

Brain Dead today....:waitasec:

Doesn't the date say 12 (year) / 7 (month) / 13 (day)? That is correct, isn't it?
Good catch! Why is media reporting video was captured the day they went missing? VERY different December and July. I live near hear and it is very hard to ride a bike in Iowa winters! Of course the last couple have been milder.

The video is taken basically right across the street from the Collins. North side of the street/alley is the back of those businesses - the south side of the street is the houses on the Collins street. The street/alley runs east/west. Zoom in on the map and you will see.

:nevermind:
Darn Dyslexia acting up again…

:iamashamed:

Brain Dead today....:waitasec:

Don't kick yourself too hard. I did exactly the same thing. Just a different format than we're used to.

True, but homeowner is a city council member. Sometimes in small towns names that aren't common nationwide are common locally. In my wife's hometown in IL the name Beccue is a common name, and often those who share it aren't related. Just as an example.

JMO, I think that Jules71's discovery of the 'name-in-common' was excellent sleuthing.

The fact that the homeowner is a city council member provides no free pass as far as I am concerned.

BBM

The only way I (and, I believe, a lot of people, including the US Supreme Court) would be willing to support this would be if each person whose premises were searched was given immunity for any other evidence of criminal activity. So, if Joe Public had a grow operation in his basement, LE would give him immunity for any charges in connection to his grow op when they searched his house without a legal search warrant.

Or what if his brother George Public, who lives next door, had lost his temper one last time and battered his wife, Jane Public, to death? A warrantless search under the conditions I outlined that discovered her body would mean that George would literally get away with murder.

At first I thought "hey, I'm willing to go with that to save a child." But then I realised that would be strong incentive for people who want to conceal a crime to abduct a child.

It's not a perfect system but probable cause seems to me to be the safest for society at large.

I'm good with having police officers go door to door asking questions about the day the girls disappeared and for permission to search. Considering the circumstances, any decent person would allow it. If anyone declines the search, fine. LE may not be able to use that in court against anyone, but at least they'd have a better clue about who has something to hide. They can tell a lot just by the demeanor of the person. This could be used as an investigative tool.

What was the name of the woman who was brutally raped and murdered on Cape Cod a few years back? Cops were stumped so they asked men in the community to volunteer their DNA sample to narrow the field of possible suspects. Amazingly, the response was huge. It think it was hundreds of men who volunteered to be swabbed. Incredibly, the perp was so confident that he had left no clue, he volunteered his DNA and was caught!

Sometimes it is worth it to take the long shot, because without it you have no shot at all!:moo:

I never claimed to know for certain. Late last night I asked if anyone knew if JW's parents live in that house on the lake near the wooded area. I found them on whitepages and they are of the age that they could possibly be his parents. It seems a lot of adults around there live with their parents (Misty, Dan, etc).

Now, I did not know the house was for sale and that creeps me out even more. If it is his parents house, and if they have moved already, and if he is staying there.... well.... anything is possible.

appears someone is living there, look at the photos

I wonder how much of someone civil rights would be offended

if they were to have LE go door to door with the SCENT dogs

and speak with people

and let the dogs sniff around the outside of their house for the girls scent.?

:waitasec:

I never claimed to know for certain. Late last night I asked if anyone knew if JW's parents live in that house on the lake near the wooded area. I found them on whitepages and they are of the age that they could possibly be his parents. It seems a lot of adults around there live with their parents (Misty, Dan, etc).

Now, I did not know the house was for sale and that creeps me out even more. If it is his parents house, and if they have moved already, and if he is staying there.... well.... anything is possible.

I would assume the reason for MCM, DM, and JW living with their parents would be that one of the conditions from being released from the facility (halfway house) is that you must have a place of residence. even though through the facility they generally come out with jobs (albeit not the best jobs) it probably isn't enough income to set up household somewhere. JMO

The Carpenter's reported that E/girls would ride by their house and turn around at the end of their road. At the end of Lake Ave is where Evans meets and the W house in question is located.

Here is a picture showing a yellow line for the street the Carpenter's said they would ride down. The red dotted line shows how someone could possibly paddle boat over the the location the bikes were found. Now, not sure if someone would put bikes in a paddle boat in order to dump them over the fence - or if they would paddle boat up to the girls and ask if they want a ride! So the girls drop their bikes, go thru the fence - the person says just leave your purse right there and they paddle boat back to a house and leave via car.

Lake to Evans.JPG

The Carpenter's reported that E/girls would ride by their house and turn around at the end of their road. At the end of Lake Ave is where Evans meets and the W house in question is located.

Here is a picture showing a yellow line for the street the Carpenter's said they would ride down. The red dotted line shows how someone could possibly paddle boat over the the location the bikes were found. Now, not sure if someone would put bikes in a paddle boat in order to dump them over the fence - or if they would paddle boat up to the girls and ask if they want a ride! So the girls drop their bikes, go thru the fence - the person says just leave your purse right there and they paddle boat back to a house and leave via car.

View attachment 24974

I'm telling you Jules, I feel it in my gut when I look at that map -- that house is involved. They even have a little paddle boat ramp out back. This theory also makes the Carpenter's story make a lot more sense. I can't see any reason why they would lie.

Say someone befriended the girls, knew them well enough that he friended them on FB on July 3, and between late June and July 13, they were so enamored with this guy (not in a crush way -- but thinking he was a savior who was going to swoop in and make Lyric's life much better. We know she fought with her real father.), that they rode their bikes past his house to get a glimpse and wave, or to drop in and say hi. Then the Carpenters are telling the truth, and so is Wylma Cook. The girls never did leave the immediate area, UNTIL about 2 weeks prior, which she was unaware of.

The timing is just too coincidental for me.

Also -- With that person being in a drug treatment program and on supervised release from jail -- I'm fairly confident that he would probably live with a relative, not own or rent a home of his own.

appears someone is living there, look at the photos

When were the photos taken? The house appears to have been on the market since March, with a price drop (ironically) on July 13th, the day the girls went missing.

Maybe the price dropped, when the owners moved out, to try to get it to sell faster...

JMOO

Anyone local know if the house is still occupied? Or even sparcely occupied, maybe like the homeowners moved out and they have someone staying there to take care of it, maybe even a son, who doesn't have his own place?

When reporters asked if his arrest was related to the missing girls - Abben said he could not comment on that.

When were the photos taken? The house appears to have been on the market since March, with a price drop (ironically) on July 13th, the day the girls went missing.

Maybe the price dropped, when the owners moved out, to try to get it to sell faster...

JMOO

if the grass is green probably not any time recent....everybody's grass is brown with the drought :(

And your red line on the map gives me chills. If you were holding 2 girls in your basement, you can't have their bikes in your driveway! Now, you could carry them down the street, past your neighbor's house, through the woods, and dump them on the bike path. OR, the less risky option, would be to toss them into a paddle boat/row boat, whatever that's in your BACK YARD, and row the super short distance to the bike path, and dump them. Even less chance of being seen that way.

CN2Souls wrote:

I wonder how much of someone civil rights would be offended

if they were to have LE go door to door with the SCENT dogs

and speak with people

and let the dogs sniff around the outside of their house for the girls scent.?

I think that is an EXCELLENT idea!

Let's grab the dogs, go door to door, and take a poll:

"Please rate, on a scale of 1-10, how offended you are at having these dogs sniff your yard/driveway/door/ windowless white van/ paddle boat?"

"Ok, thank you for your input. Now, if you will please just sign here so your vote can be counted...here, use this brand new pen I've carefully removed from it's sterile wrapper with my gloved hand. Have a wonderful day!"

And your red line on the map gives me chills. If you were holding 2 girls in your basement, you can't have their bikes in your driveway! Now, you could carry them down the street, past your neighbor's house, through the woods, and dump them on the bike path. OR, the less risky option, would be to toss them into a paddle boat/row boat, whatever that's in your BACK YARD, and row the super short distance to the bike path, and dump them. Even less chance of being seen that way.

OMG, Jaime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member