IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What we meant was that they know who did it, but they don't know where the girls are. They are watching, and waiting...

(which is not good news for the girls.) :-(

I know, sorry. I was being facetious. this case is just so frustrating. for what its worth I don't think LE has a clue as to the who or the why.
One of the reasons I love Websleuths so. The vast and varied opinions and theories, all gleaned from the same set of small known facts.

But the bike can be the scent article if the kidnapper had grabbed the handles, shoved them in a van, mucked them about - just like dogs can ID scent from a door knob or from a car door handle.

The families provided separate scent items for each girl. As I recall, shoes.

The family members were lined up so that the dogs could eliminate their possible scents on the scent articles.

We seem to westle with this everytime a child goes missing and some always thinks it is just too hard for one person to do yet in the end if the perp is caught we learn it was only one and they were very able to kidnap children right in broad daylight without anyone seeing or hearing a thing.

I really dont think it would be hard for one imposing adult man to scare two young children into submission.

IMO
BBM
I agree. Michael Devlin was able to kidnap 13-year-old Benjamin "Ben" Ownby with the aid of Shawn Hornbeck (his other victim). Thankfully four days later both victims were found alive.
Shawn was 11-year-old when he was kidnapped & was held over four years.
I realize this is a different scenario but one imposing adult man was able to keep two teen boys in line at once. So it's feasible that two young girls could be submissive as well.
Hopefully Lyric & Elizabeth will be found soon! ♡

MSM link about Shawn Hornbeck case: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,243479,00.html

BTW I was not aware Devlin was stabbed while in prison (or I forgot about it).
Link about stabbing: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_760735f6-7b7b-11e0-b48f-001a4bcf6878.html

House is listed as for sale and there are pics of it on the realty site. Do you even know if it's occupied and if so if Misty's boyfriend lives there? I think you're jumping to conclusions based on a common last name. JMO.

Interesting!

Pure speculation on my part, but if MCM's BF is related to the owners of this house, possibly his parents, and the house is vacant, if it is still on the market, has this house been searched thoroughly, inside & out?

A couple of pages back someone talked about girls being taken for child *advertiser censored* ... can you think of any more horrible job than watching videos to try to identify girls used? It is too horrible for me to even wrap my brain around.

I remember Adam Walsh's (sp?) father talking about listening to recordings of children screaming to try to identify Adam's scream. Either situation would give you nightmares for forever....MOO.

A couple of pages back someone talked about girls being taken for child *advertiser censored* ... can you think of any more horrible job than watching videos to try to identify girls used? It is too horrible for me to even wrap my brain around.

I have a friend who used to work for a major ISP. Her job was to check out email that had been reported as spam (this was before the rise of spam blocking services). One strategy she used was to click on links in those emails.

After she was diagnosed with PTSD due to her job, she was promoted away from the spam department.

It's not just horrible but given a particular person, it can cause mental illness.

:cool: They definitely know.

I hope you are right...unfortunately I get the feeling that all they know is where the girls are not, and they don't want to keep saying "No new news" to discourage tips and what not... I hope I am wrong :(

I guess that's the part I'm not sure about. Actually multiple parts. I'm not sure that they weren't working in tandem (which is a whole other issue) and I'm not sure they actually did do the same thing, only that they were off in the same area on a wild goose chase. Being that we're only getting tiny fragments of it, I'm not confident enough in it to say that they even did the identical thing.

Good points, all.

House is listed as for sale and there are pics of it on the realty site. Do you even know if it's occupied and if so if Misty's boyfriend lives there? I think you're jumping to conclusions based on a common last name. JMO.

I never claimed to know for certain. Late last night I asked if anyone knew if JW's parents live in that house on the lake near the wooded area. I found them on whitepages and they are of the age that they could possibly be his parents. It seems a lot of adults around there live with their parents (Misty, Dan, etc).

Now, I did not know the house was for sale and that creeps me out even more. If it is his parents house, and if they have moved already, and if he is staying there.... well.... anything is possible.

Video confirms girls were riding AWAY FROM MEYERS LAKE...JUST RELEASED

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/missing-iowa-cousins-video_n_1702822.html

But what is "away from Meyers Lake"?

The video is shot of a street that runs east and west. The lake is directly to the south. Either way they could have traveled to the lake. Heading west, they were traveling toward River Forest Road, which goes south toward the lake. If they had gone east, they would be heading south toward the Evansdale Nature Trail, which goes to the lake.

"Away from Meyers Lake" to me, means that they were headed north, away from where their bikes were found and away from just about all focus of this case.

I don't understand this statement.

well.... anything is possible.

True, but homeowner is a city council member. Sometimes in small towns names that aren't common nationwide are common locally. In my wife's hometown in IL the name Beccue is a common name, and often those who share it aren't related. Just as an example.

From Ollipop's description almost the entire bike trail in that area is open and spacious.

It's just that one little section that has a fence on either side that is not visible and has woods at one end.

More than one local has called that particular place on the trail creepy.

Thank you so much for providing this info!

Approximately how long is the area of the trail that is fenced. . . .and do you happen to know why it is fenced?

Thanks again!

But what is "away from Meyers Lake"?

The video is shot of a street that runs east and west. The lake is directly to the south. Either way they could have traveled to the lake. Heading west, they were traveling toward River Forest Road, which goes south toward the lake. If they had gone east, they would be heading south toward the Evansdale Nature Trail, which goes to the lake.

"Away from Meyers Lake" to me, means that they were headed north, away from where their bikes were found and away from just about all focus of this case.

I don't understand this statement.
I don't either but it did say they were a block from grandma's home...

"It looked kind of grainy, I mean just zoom they were by the thing and so it's very hard to really make much out of the thing," Black Hawk County Chief Deputy Rick Abben said. "The girls were less than a block from the house when this camera captured them riding by, important to note they were riding away from Meyers Lake."

CN2Souls, I do not think the date is inaccurate the time stamp show year/month/day 12/07/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member