IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Security camera records at 3.5 fps = girls riding 30 feet per sec., 20 mph. Fast =Turned right onto R.F. road to Casey's... #evansdalesearch

by brookshanes via twitter 1:10 PM

The girls biked Brovan Blvd and with a purse, to Casey's next. Sec. cam there should show. #evansdalesearch p.twimg.com

so where is the Casey's video?
I cannot believe no one saw them at the Casey's gas station/general store

Well that subpoena gives some hope IMO. I can't think of a motivation or even a semi-sensible plan for success for whatever goal you'd have in mind, but it has happened before so someone else sometime had that very idea. How crazy is it that it is easier to "understand" a murdering pedophile than such a scam? It's a bizarre world.

I really hope the girls are ok and if this is resolved positively that their ongoing welfare is a top priority for social services.

OMG is there is someone behind the white trailer watching them?!

I watched it about 10 times and though I see it, I think it is one of the girls on their bikes. It doesn't look so much like video as it does shots of pictures and my guess is the coloring is different because of camera location, approaching versus past it. I could be wrong but my freaky moment lies in the video below where someone had circled what append to be a person standing next to a house.

Actually all I know is the person who posted it on twitter works for First Security State Bank. He is a Network Administrator, so not sure if he works in a branch location or another location. I would imagine he is involved in getting the video for the FBI (possibly).

Looks like the area is being defined now - here is a map showing spot of latest video and the First Security State Bank ATM spot:

Attachments

• Video and ATM positioning.png
    Video and ATM positioning.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 60
So with the ATM footage, do we know if they're looking for the girls riding by on their bikes, or for someone who was withdrawing cash?

My guess would be to see them riding bikes.

Security camera records at 3.5 fps = girls riding 30 feet per sec., 20 mph. Fast =Turned right onto R.F. road to Casey's... #evansdalesearch

by brookshanes via twitter 1:10 PM

The girls biked Brovan Blvd and with a purse, to Casey's next. Sec. cam there should show. #evansdalesearch p.twimg.com

Wait - what? Is it confirmed they biked to Casey's next? I had a feeling they went that way. Posted last night they should get video from there plus a couple other places.

2 thoughts to add:
I knew that Misty was staying at a hotel with Dan (when Dan has a gf and she has a bf!), but I didn't realize until right now that happened the SAME NIGHT that her bf got arrested! I mean, can you imagine?! "Well my daughter is missing and my boyfriend is in jail so what ever will I do with myself tonight? Guess I might as well go to a bar, then go stay in a hotel with the guy I am divorcing. Nothing better to do." WTF?!

And also, if you watch those interviews from the 19th -- she is FIRED UP. She is more animated than on other days. And it isn't sadness. She is pissed. And it's directed squarely at LE. She basically outright accuses them of incompetence.

(Does this subpoena mean we can officially sleuth MC now?!)
:toast:

Yes, I see the 3rd bicycle or at least another moving object behind them ... what do you see?

Maybe it's the "known" stranger on the bicycle from my scenerio with the man inviting them to go on a ride with him on the nature trail to Meyers Lake.

yep. Again. Tammy speaks to the press alot. I do think she is sincere in trying to get as much info out there and I think there may be a bit of enjoying all the press attention element to it at this point as well. That said. I worry that she is divulging too much in regards to LE investigation.

SBM

I agree with you!

Just from having followed many cases over the years, it seems like there is almost always at least one family member or close friend who seems to enjoy media attention and becomes a de facto spokesperson.

That de facto spokesperson is usually perfectly innocent, too. I can only remember one case off the top of my head where the person who courted media attention was actually the guilty party and that was Ward Weaver (who killed Ashley Pond and Miranda Gaddis).

I'm leaving out killers like the Zodiac Killer, Son of Sam and BTK; they wanted media attention as well but it had to be done via a pseudonym because they bragged about their own guilt.

I'm positive Aunt TB is innocent. She's a good storyteller and she likes to tell her stories to the press but she seems like a fundamentally good hearted person.

I highlighted what I feel is the 2nd bike as well as the first on this picture. The dotted red outlines the "man" - if that is what it is.

camera2.JPG

Anderson Cooper will discuss the case on CNN after this commercial. GO!

LE believed the girls were IN the lake.

The family never did, in fact got very irate and felt LE weren't listening to their concerns.

Then the FBI came along and also believed the girls were in the lake.

The family is always been adamant someone's abducted them. They know their girls best, and if they were always yelling "abduction" from the get go, it means they knew something was very, very wrong.

Those of us who have regular, trustworthy kids...what would YOU be yelling to a police force who appear determined your girls drowned in an icky, leech infested lake when you KNOW they would not?

IMO.

:moo:

Actually, Chief Deputy Rick Abben said as they began draining the lake that LE was sure the girls were not in the lake but they wanted to eliminate any element of doubt.

Also, he said that they thought the perpetrator may have thrown something of evidentiary value into the water.

It isn't that unusual in Iowa searches to drain or drop bodies of water; I've seen it many times over my lifetime in Iowa City. It's just unusual for a case in Iowa to get so much national or international attention.

Is it possible that the girls stopped at Casey's and Misty went to the ATM with them to get money for them to take somewhere and they are on the video with her? MOO

It's probably back in the first or possibly second thread. A local who also posts here joined in the search and found some unattended flip flops at a park near the lake. He or she called it into the tip line. (and I'm sorry to the original poster that I don't have a lot of time to dig it up and give you proper credit right now - I will later).

There was never any confirmation if they belonged to either of the girls or if it was even related at all, though.

Edited to add: it was Ollipop. Thanks Ollipop!

Nope,i believe these were found on the 17th, and they were found outside of evansdale. I'll have to look again.

Looks like the area is being defined now - here is a map showing spot of latest video and the First Security State Bank ATM spot:

Thanks eleph! I read your last post incorrectly as a question. I am getting dingy. :eek:kay:

I am SO far behind, sorry if any of this has been said.

Had to drive through Edale Saturday- I saw pink ribbons, a few small 8x10 signs. If these where my girls, I would have tore into my savings to have much bigger signs made. If you where unaware of this case, you could drive right through town and have no idea of two missing girls.

Also, has anyone heard of the two girls who went missing in Manchester Iowa? Opinions on if the two cases are related? I don't know much about the Manchester incident except the girls have been found.

Trying to catch up, hoping I haven't missed a ton!!

MOO

I believe that was in Manchester England not Iowa (sorry if this was already posted.. haven't read all the posts)

Were different times given for last seeing the girls given to purposely confuse possible witnesses?
Or maybe to throw off cops?
Is this why the ATM info was requested?
Grandma says girls last seen at 11:30 am.
Next time last sighting changed to 12:30 pm.

Anyone remember one of the mom's saying she had an errand to run the last day the children were seen?

Was that ever confirmed?

My guess would be to see them riding bikes.

Wait - what? Is it confirmed they biked to Casey's next? I had a feeling they went that way. Posted last night they should get video from there plus a couple other places.

I have heard nothing on the local news here about them going to Casey's.

10:00 news is on in 10 minutes. I will post if there is anything new.

I was thinking that it might show them finding someone's bank card or money that was left behind or dropped. It could explain why they were riding so fast, and why someone might chase them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase