IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I like this picture of them both but especially Lyric. It makes her look more like a kid. It looks to be around the same time frame as the original Missing pic based on her hair style and face shape, so I don't think it's an old pic, but maybe more representative of what she looks like day to day. I hope it helps. I have a very bad feeling in the pit of my stomach right now though. :(

I’m surprised so many believe the girls weren’t at the lake. It seems far fetched that someone was able to load the bikes (without being seen), drive to the lake, pull onto the grassy path on a summer afternoon (without being seen), get out of the vehicle carrying two bikes on a fairly populated bike trail (without being seen), toss/stage the bikes (without being seen), then drive out of the grassy path (without being seen). All the while, leaving the girls unattended and hoping they weren’t found by someone or able to break loose. Much riskier than just getting the heck out of dodge with bikes in tow!

If he wanted to stage a “drowning” to shift focus to the lake, why wouldn’t he take the girls shoes and purse or an article of clothing that could easily fit into a bag in case he encountered someone on the trail? Why plant two big items, the bikes– keep them with the girls, we haven’t found them yet so why worry about finding the bikes?

Although I’m very interested in Jules’ discovery. Nice work!

JMO, MOO

But all of those same things would apply to the girls if they were really there riding their bikes and no one.......not one person there has said they saw the girls on the bike path that day.

IMO

Or he was going to give up some information. But that doesn't make sense, because that would be done before the plea deal.

OR MAYBE HE DID.....hence the sudden change of mind because he realized they knew and were going to do something.
Or it could be ... if he plead guilty that day he would have gone to jail immediately. 45 years X 5 charges. Wow! How many years would he have to serve minimum? 15 or 20? I think I would drag it out as long as possible and enjoy my freedom while I could.

aunt tammy talking again on jvm

It's over she said that that is the bike she gave one of the girls on the video......

How on earth could she tell from that grainy video? I'll buy that maybe family could ID their faces, but the bike? Unless maybe there's a cleaned up/enhanced copy that hasn't been shared?

I expressed myself poorly. I apologise.:eek:hoh:

What I should have said was -

The 2.30 sighting you are discussing is a factoid...ie, it has no basis in fact, but it's out there. If it's repeated enough it becomes "common knowlege" :eek:.

:moo:

Respectfully snipped for space.

You are right! Apologies. The transcript I linked did not include the 2:30 time. But this one does.

Snipped

We stop at Meyers Lake. I said, "Mom, drive me to Meyer Lake." I had Elizabeth`s older brother who`s 12, Kelly (ph), with us. And I just jumped out and started asking random strangers, "Have you seen two little girls?" Gave them the description, the colors of the bikes, and possibly what they were wearing.

And one man stepped forward and said, "Yes, I seen them going east on the bike trail at about 2:30."
Now, whether he`s telling the truth or not, they do have this man`s name. You know, I don`t know. Whether he`s a person of interest, I don`t know.

snipped and bbm

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/16/ijvm.01.html

I've been going back through some of the older articles and interviews etc. and ran across this:
http://www.kwwl.com/story/19099916/grandma-no-idea-how-iowa-cousins-biked-to-lake

Maybe I'm just being nitpicky but this quote from Gma stood out to me: Cook says she's baffled how their bikes ended up near Meyers Lake because "they never rode that far."

She didn't say "how the girls ended up near...." she said "how their bikes ended up near..." Anyone else find that odd? Or chalk it up to stressed out and possibly panicky family during the early days?

Iowa police investigating suspicious white van

MARION, Iowa - Several law enforcement agencies are investigating reports of a white van approaching children.

Marion Police Lt. Scott Elam said the child told officers that a man in a white van approached him near Linn-Mar School on Tuesday afternoon. Elam said that according to the child, when the man spoke to the boy and he immediately ran away.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/io...cle_52807f14-d6a3-11e1-a10d-001a4bcf887a.html

Many things about this case seem odd to me, nikb. From the get go. Every time the family gave an interview or statement of any kind, it just muddied the waters more for me.

I've been going back through some of the older articles and interviews etc. and ran across this:
http://www.kwwl.com/story/19099916/grandma-no-idea-how-iowa-cousins-biked-to-lake

Maybe I'm just being nitpicky but this quote from Gma stood out to me: Cook says she's baffled how their bikes ended up near Meyers Lake because "they never rode that far."

She didn't say "how the girls ended up near...." she said "how their bikes ended up near..." Anyone else find that odd? Or chalk it up to stressed out and possibly panicky family during the early days?

Well, it was the bikes found, not the girls, so I wouldn't find it odd on in that sense. I do find it valuable information that the grandma (the one that watches them) does not think they would go that far and is puzzled by it. But, some other family members (Misti, Tammy) seem to think the girls were ABDUCTED there.

WHOA. Yes, I find that weird!

By the way, this guy is an expert on statement analysis, and he has been posting his analyses of Misty and G-ma's statements since day one. VERY interesting to follow.

(Won't let me post link. Google "Misty cook statement analysis")

Many things about this case seem odd to me, nikb. From the get go. Every time the family gave an interview or statement of any kind, it just muddied the waters more for me.

Very true. And going back and re-reading them is almost getting me even more confused.

sigh, JVM just gave out that misleading statement again, that the girls were heading in the "opposite" direction of the lake. What is wrong with all these people stating that. I have news - West is not opposite South!

OT/

Even I know that, and I am the one who, Sunday, took 3 hours to return home from an event only 1/2 hour away from my home. I wound up practically up in St. Cloud, MN, 80 miles from my home in the Twin Cities. Duh.

I do not drink & drive, I do not text & drive,,,,I don't even talk on my cell while I am driving. I am a directional Nincompoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria