IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up since last night. Today should be interesting.

Praying for the girls.

Realize that just because there was a mans shoe on that leg, in know way means for sure that it is a man. Maybe, I hate to say this, Lyric, who is big was redressed.?

Realize that just because there was a mans shoe on that leg, in know way means for sure that it is a man. Maybe, I hate to say this, Lyric, who is big was redressed.?

I will hazard to say flat-out absolutely not. Not a chance. No. Lyric is a 10 year old child with cute cheeks. That's different than being big enough to be confused with an adult male.

FYI, from what the local news said last night the body in the lake was in a state of decomposition that it had been there much longer than what it would have if it was one of the girls, which is why they have ruled that out.

I will hazard to say flat-out absolutely not. Not a chance. No. Lyric is a 10 year old child with cute cheeks. That's different than being big enough to be confused with an adult male.

Your right, sorry. :banghead:

This case is beginning to sound like Brittney Wood's case. And that ain't good. :(

Yesterday in Colo and slater Iowa, two small towns here, there were two abduction attempts. This is getting creepy.

2 amateur questions if someone could indulge me...

1) in the collins interview, at the 10:14 mark, the interviewer mentions that their children are homeschooled...my guess is that if there was a courier situation, it would be lyric, not elizabeth...anyone else agree (i think granniedhu was implying that as well)?

2) same article, on the map, it states that elizabeth's purse was on "the lake side of the fence". so the bikes were not on the lake side of the fence? does this imply that the girls climbed over? i can't see a perp abducting them and throwing the purse over the fence. why not just leave it with the bikes?

TIA...

The house in question on Meyers lake is empty, and there is a boat shed and looking out the kitchens sliding glass windows looks straight out to where the bkies were found. Someone had to know the house was empty are they risked being watched.

I'm curious where Uncle Jeremy was on the afternoon of the 13th. If he does live close to the lake, it's odd that there has been no mention of that from the family (at least not in any of the interviews that I've seen).

Any locals here who know JC or his ex-girlfriend? How "ex" can she be if he was sittin at her [the Waterloo house ]doing drugs with her? Any word on who called 911? MOO

Pre-caffeine conversation with my husband earlier this morning:
“Have you seen the computer wipey doohickey?” (Sometimes nouns escape him.) “There are splotches all over the screen.”
Foggy recollection of trying to glean details from the lakefront real estate listing and replaying the auction house video in an attempt to spy the cypher behind the shed before trundling off to bed and leaving handprints and forehead smudges for tomorrow’s chores.
“I was trying to get a close-up of something from on-line the other night.”
Drawn-out sanctimonious sigh from the den. “Well, that’s why I don’t twit or tweeter, sooner or later reading all that small print will make you go blind. “

Two weeks in – where are those precious girls?

2 amateur questions if someone could indulge me...

1) in the collins interview, at the 10:14 mark, the interviewer mentions that their children are homeschooled...my guess is that if there was a courier situation, it would be lyric, not elizabeth...anyone else agree (i think granniedhu was implying that as well)?

2) same article, on the map, it states that elizabeth's purse was on "the lake side of the fence". so the bikes were not on the lake side of the fence? does this imply that the girls climbed over? i can't see a perp abducting them and throwing the purse over the fence. why not just leave it with the bikes?

TIA...

I think that Lyric was a more likely candidate as an unwitting drug courier. But since she wasn't in Evansdale on a daily basis for the previous 5 weeks, I don't think she would have been running deliveries for someone there on a regular basis.

My theory on why the purse was on the lake side of the fence is that as the girls were riding around the lake, Lyric was in the lead. Someone accosted her right at that place where the trees and the fence are. They got a good grip on her arm and showed a weapon of some sort, such as an ice pick or box cutter.

Elizabeth stopped her bike out of reach and started fumbling for her purse to get her (inactive but still good for 911) cell phone. The perp threatened Lyric and told Elizabeth to toss her purse over the fence in order to keep her from getting the cell phone out.

Then the perp led them both away through the trees to the hidden track.

It would only take a minute or two to grab one girl (probably Lyric) and force both girls to go through the trees.

Once they were into the trees, they were out of sight.

The constant heavy traffic on I-380 served to mask any sounds the girls may have made.

Again, this is just a theory but so far, I haven't read anything that makes me doubt it.

The house in question on Meyers lake is empty, and there is a boat shed and looking out the kitchens sliding glass windows looks straight out to where the bkies were found. Someone had to know the house was empty are they risked being watched.

Do any of the locals remember if there is a "House for Sale" sign on the lawn?

My son goes to school with a young boy who got caught with drugs in his backpack at school. Also carrying NINE cellphones, and almost $500 cash. Ironically, no books. He was 8! I don't think he was running the business for himself. He didn't come back to school for the rest of the year, but now he lives with Grandma.

My son is 8 and this is so disheartening to read. :maddening:
I'm going to go hug him one more time. (He just vacuumed the living room, so he gets a fistbump, too.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Askmetomorrow2