IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could agree with you, it certainly does happen.

It does happen but I havent seen anything to base it on that it happened in this case.

Our little granddaughter doesnt go anywhere without her purse even when she is on her bike. I guess she thinks it makes her a 'big girl' but she certainly doesnt have drugs in it. Just all the silly stuff young girls like to carry.

IMO

DM's pre trial hearing is at 9:30. Any locals watching the news? Are the local media there to cover it?

:waitasec: Jeramia can't eat or sleep? Maybe it is me, but clearly, not being able to sleep or eat is because of "drug abuse".

All of a sudden he is battling substance abuse, as well as his gf in the last two weeks? GMAB!

:waitasec: Jeramia can't eat or sleep? Maybe it is me, but clearly, not being able to sleep or eat is because of "drug abuse".

All of a sudden he is battling substance abuse, as well as his gf in the last two weeks? GMAB!

Respectfully disagree. The stress on the family of these missing kids must be horrible. In the news everyday, everyone sleuthing you and your relatives and two little girls your love are gone. That would certainly cause me to have trouble eating and sleeping.

I think the purse being over on the lake side of the fence indicates staging. Child abductors use staging to mislead LE away from the actual location of abduction. It puts time between the perp and his trail.

Typically, statistics show that child abductors who stage evidence leave the child alive for a longer period of time....sometimes indefinitely. I wonder if this is what is leading the LE in this case to think these girls are alive. They say, "Evidence leads us to believe the girls are alive." I think the purse over the fence is that very thing.

If we look at Holly Bobo's case, we see the reference to staging (of what is believed to be her cell phone). She was not a "child" but a teen. Still, LE stated during the first months of her case that they felt she was alive....

What creeps me out even more is that after the LE presser where Abben mentioned mediums and psychics coming in, I have been reading some of their websites - and SEVERAL had "visions" of an "uncle" (or someone the girls would treat or call "uncle") and a woman who was literally sick over what has happened to the point she couldn't eat.

And wasn't that mentioned in an above link? Sick to the point of not eating?

And those were written within the first couple of days of the girls missing...wWELL before any of this happened. I'm not too close of a watcher of the psychic networks but man, that creeps my crap out.

Praying for them and this entire family.:please:

Respectfully disagree. The stress on the family of these missing kids must be horrible. In the news everyday, everyone sleuthing you and your relatives and two little girls your love are gone. That would certainly cause me to have trouble eating and sleeping.

I agree, it would be difficult not being able to sleep or eat when a loved one is missing, however, most of us would not be having substance drug abuse along with a gf during this difficult time.

The key here is "drug abuse" more so then not being able to sleep or eat.

I sure would like to know the drug of choice and where did they get the drugs?

I guess I'm weird but when I read an article about the 32 yr old uncle overdosing and unable to sleep or eat ...along with the "supposed quote" from his mother saying they ( the girls) were his "prized possessions"....well, my hinky meter just starts dinging all over the place...
Moo....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I guess I'm weird but when I read an article about the 32 yr old uncle overdosing and unable to sleep or eat ...along with the "supposed quote" from his mother saying they ( the girls) were his "prized possessions"....well, my hinky meter just starts dinging all over the place...
Moo....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Absolute alarm bells blaring in my head. moo.

I wish I could agree with you, it certainly does happen.

Agreed.

Things to consider:

Family and friends that had a history were well known by LE. Many had priors. They perhaps would not have wanted to transport.

It's not irregular for an addict to trust and use a child. Personally I would trust an 8 and 10 year old over another addict. They don't have any use for the drugs and these kids had been around enough addicts to realize you don't piss them off by stealing their money.

The kids would not necessarily have known what they were transporting.

Hasn't it been reported Lyric's father was making drugs in their home?

It's important to recognize that addicts do not think like other adults. They don't care about anything but their addiction.

Imagine being a child and living in a world where family and friends were involved in drugs. The adults you are taught to love, respect, and obey aren't actually looking out for your best interest. If one of these characters asked you to take something to another friend, you're probably going to do it....

Loss of appetite and insomnia are very common symptoms of stress.

When my service dog disappeared for ten days, I had to be forced to eat and lie down without sleeping. I had no appetite and if I'd been left to myself, I would have kept going until I dropped in my tracks.

You'll just have to take my word that I do not have drug abuse problems.

I think it's possible that he was in recovery from substance abuse problems but relapsed due to stress. One of the commonest risk factors for substance abuse is an inability to cope appropriately with stress.

Seems that if this unc was so wrapped up in these two nieces, and it was well known, one definite way to get back at him in the "drug world" would be to do harm to them. Could be part of the sleepless nights and inability to eat. That would sure stress someone out if they thought it was due to anything in their own life that had "possibly" caused a child to be harmed. All my own speculation or opinion. Just a thought really, as I do have thoughts every now and then. LOL

I cannot recall a case that I have followed where drug abuse was so prevailent in a child's family. Anyone else know of any particular cases? Just wondering. TIA. I know things seemed to be like that in Hailey Dunn case.

I thought that was a side effect of methamphetamines!?

I agree, it would be difficult not being able to sleep or eat when a loved one is missing, however, most of us would not be having substance drug abuse along with a gf during this difficult time.

The key here is "drug abuse" more so then not being able to sleep or eat.

I sure would like to know the drug of choice and where did they get the drugs?

I agree Patty. I think many would use that sleepless time to put together more searches..etc.

So many ways to be helpful during this time. It does not make sense to me to take ones life..how is that being helpful to the girls?

Drug use does not run in this family ...it friggin gallops.

I cannot recall a case that I have followed where drug abuse was so prevailent in a child's family. Anyone else know of any particular cases? Just wondering. TIA. I know things seemed to be like that in Hailey Dunn case.

Yes, Haleigh Cummings. All those people are still in jail, not for her disappearance, but for drugs.

She (Granny) says he has no children but was very close to his nieces, considering them his "prized possessions."

Cook says her son hadn't taken methamphetamine, cocaine or marijuana, but she declined to say what caused the overdose.
http://www.kgan.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kgan_vid_12134.shtml

Possessions?

Why did Granny feel the need to tell the newspaper that he didn't overdose on weed, meth, or cocaine? Maybe he was arrested for these substances in the past?

I agree Patty. I think many would use that sleepless time to put together more searches..etc.

So many ways to be helpful during this time. It does not make sense to me to take ones life..how is that being helpful to the girls?

Drug use does not run in this family ...it friggin gallops.

My preacher killed himself, leaving two young kids. I think there's so much about the human mind that is hard to grasp unless you're in that state. I have to think that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mark1966