IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time i will mention this CL guy. But screen shots to send to LE over there would be best because sometimes those ads get deleted or time runs out and deleted. It may take days /weeks before LE gets through all tips. JMO

OMGosh! Look at this..10 Jun 2012 – ... I bike everywhere so I hope your close to Waterloo but not a must if your interested send me a text and we can chat 319 four eight six 7815. Post was deleted but you can see it in Google when you search his number. But the thing is he was in Evansdale the time the girls went missing.

Ok maybe i am barking up the wrong tree but i do think LE needs to know about him. JMO
In another ad on a different site he is advertising a puppy for sale.

Giving me the heebie-jeebies!

Google that guy’s number that he listed for Craig's list, but google it all in numbers. Read the first listing. #OpPedoChat?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-07-29 at 5.25.56 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-07-29 at 5.25.56 PM.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 108
Google that guy’s number that he listed for Craig's list, but google it all in numbers. Read the first listing. #OpPedoChat?

Someone else is calling this guy a pedo and is investigating him and asking for help. July 17th on that twitter.

OMGosh! Look at this..10 Jun 2012 – ... I bike everywhere so I hope your close to Waterloo but not a must if your interested send me a text and we can chat 319 four eight six 7815. Post was deleted but you can see it in Google when you search his number. But the thing is he was in Evansdale the time the girls went missing.

Ok maybe i am barking up the wrong tree but i do think LE needs to know about him. JMO

When I read that one I thought the same thing you did. His post all appear to have been July 10, 2011.... 3 days before the girls disappeared.

While reading through, I noticed this:

"He said investigators continue to receive leads from the public but was tight-lipped about any developments.

Tips have come in that led police to areas outside of Evansdale.

“We have people who think they may have seen someone
, and those tips are being followed up on,” Abben said, but he declined to be specific or talk about any results."

MOO MBB

I know that every bit of knowledge helps, but at this point, weeks later, we still know so little. We don't know how the bikes came to be where they are, or the purse, or even where the girls really went that morning. And we are not likely to be told, if any of this info is even known.

All that can be done, IMO, is try to figure out where they are NOW. If a local, stranger or otherwise, took the girls, he/she/they probably did not "keep" them for long. If not drug-related, this is a sexual case, IMO. Generally the victims are found not too far from where they were taken, within several miles anyway.

Have locals seen helicopters being used? Is LE making appeals for farmers and landowners to walk their properties, check their outbuilding, etc.? Did LE talk about thinking back to that Friday, was anyone not at work who should have been, anyone washing out vehicles that weekend, anyone sell a car or truck suddenly? Is there a local "oddball" who has an interest in children?

I know LE said initially they believed the girls were alive; but I did not get the same feeling in their final PC. At first I thought maybe they halted the PC's to placate a suspect and that we would see a swat team surrounding a house within a day or so. But that didn't happen. I wonder if LE had a working theory that has not panned out and are back to square one again.

Oppedochat is a operation being carried out by members of the "group" Anonymous against pedophiles. Seems the guy who has that phone number has already attracted some big time attention. Believe me, having negative attention from Anonymous can sometimes be worse than having negative attention from the FBI....

I have good gut instincts and not much has gotten them going on this case yet (aside from Maiden Lane, possibly), but your post sure has. Creepy+++

I am trying to get past the girls riding to the lake. I mapped out 1.5 miles in all directions from my childhood home. My mother would have kicked my butt if I was that far from home at age 8. Or 10 from that matter. I can tell you that my brother and i pushed many boundaries, but at no time did we ever go NEAR that far.

I grew up in a very safe area. Not far from the elementary, jr. High and high schools. and approximately one mile from my grandparents home.

I think 1.5 miles is a ridiculous distance to be with no adult. I would have had a heart attack if I had ever found out my son was that far from my home at age 8. "safe" area or not.

I truly believe that the family knows that the distance is unacceptable for those two kids, which might explain the reluctance of Grandma and other members of the family to admit they may ride their bikes to the lake.

COOK-MORRISSEY: I don`t think they have a normal bike route, but they are not allowed to just ride freely for hours or until dark. They do have a little bit of freedom, so they`re allowed to go, you know, maybe two or three blocks away and stay within those blocks. An hour, check back in is kind of the standard that we hold with them, and mostly, they stick with it.

And so it was at 11:30, they asked me if they could go for a short bike ride, and I said yes. And they`ve done this millions of times. And they`ve never, never went that far. I could go outside and yell their names, and they would eventually hear me.-Wilma Cook

:takeabow:
Excellent post thanks is not enough!

I feel very much the same way.
(and
got poopood on here for saying such.)

Oppedochat is a operation being carried out by members of the "group" Anonymous against pedophiles. Seems the guy who has that phone number has already attracted some big time attention. Believe me, having negative attention from Anonymous can sometimes be worse than having negative attention from the FBI....

Anonymous is an extraordinarily powerful ''organization'' (and I use the term organization loosely). While their methods/intent are unorthodox and controversial, they are, if anything, very, very effective. Would that they could somehow use their skills for good in this case.

I know that every bit of knowledge helps, but at this point, weeks later, we still know so little. We don't know how the bikes came to be where they are, or the purse, or even where the girls really went that morning. And we are not likely to be told, if any of this info is even known.

All that can be done, IMO, is try to figure out where they are NOW. If a local, stranger or otherwise, took the girls, he/she/they probably did not "keep" them for long. If not drug-related, this is a sexual case, IMO. Generally the victims are found not too far from where they were taken, within several miles anyway.

Have locals seen helicopters being used? Is LE making appeals for farmers and landowners to walk their properties, check their outbuilding, etc.? Did LE talk about thinking back to that Friday, was anyone not at work who should have been, anyone washing out vehicles that weekend, anyone sell a car or truck suddenly? Is there a local "oddball" who has an interest in children?

I know LE said initially they believed the girls were alive; but I did not get the same feeling in their final PC. At first I thought maybe they halted the PC's to placate a suspect and that we would see a swat team surrounding a house within a day or so. But that didn't happen. I wonder if LE had a working theory that has not panned out and are back to square one again.

They had an infra red plane over the area the day after the girls went missing, at least.

FB scuttle has them checking time cards of some local employees. It was at lunchtime, lots of people go out for lunch. I am sure they will be doing this as routine anyway.

There is a lot more being done than we read about, behind the scenes.

For example, they were at the shop where the cctv was caught for a DAY AND A HALF anaylsing the footage and every car on it.

They will have seized cctv footage from all over town, and pretty much done a reconstruction of the events of the day, including cars, pedestrians, cyclists etc. We already know that the girls were the only cyclists on that road that day so it seems like a sleepy, quiet town. For this reason I know that they have a heap of information they are gradually picking through...they will build up an excellent picture of the streets of that town, and who was on them, in the time frame.

I read a lot of forensic type studies and some of the things they come up and can PROVE with are absolutely mindboggling...it just doesn't happen overnight.

I am sure LE have a very strong suspect which is why we haven't heard more requests for specific information, eg, a black van around 3pm, a white car at 2.30...they already know what's happened.

:sick:

:moo:

the fact that he is advertising a puppy somehow makes it even creepier for me - could these girls have been interested in seeing a cute lil puppy?

Yeah...that craigslist thing is creepy, and should be called in to the tipline, IMO.

Also, the 3rd defendant in DM's case is public knowledge, I believe.

They had an infra red plane over the area the day after the girls went missing, at least.

FB scuttle has them checking time cards of some local employees. It was at lunchtime, lots of people go out for lunch. I am sure they will be doing this as routine anyway.

There is a lot more being done than we read about, behind the scenes.

For example, they were at the shop where the cctv was caught for a DAY AND A HALF anaylsing the footage and every car on it.

They will have seized cctv footage from all over town, and pretty much done a reconstruction of the events of the day, including cars, pedestrians, cyclists etc. We already know that the girls were the only cyclists on that road that day so it seems like a sleepy, quiet town. For this reason I know that they have a heap of information they are gradually picking through...they will build up an excellent picture of the streets of that town, and who was on them, in the time frame.

I read a lot of forensic type studies and some of the things they come up and can PROVE with are absolutely mindboggling...it just doesn't happen overnight.

I am sure LE have a very strong suspect which is why we haven't heard more requests for specific information, eg, a black van around 3pm, a white car at 2.30...they already know what's happened.

:sick:

:moo:

Thank you. This post makes me feel better...so frustrated and frightened for these kids and their family.

Vasportsmom,

I am so glad that you made it through that minefield that you call childhood. Well Done. Many don't make it past those kinds of experiences. Thank you for sharing.

I know a lot of people keep saying that the families criminal drug background is just a distraction or a red herring. but I disagree. As you said, it can affect a child's life in so many ways. In my opinion it opens a child up to so many more vulnerable situations, so many more unsavory people, and rough experiences.
bbm
:clap:

the fact that he is advertising a puppy somehow makes it even creepier for me - could these girls have been interested in seeing a cute lil puppy?

Someone asked a few threads back if one of the girls had a new puppy. Maybe they were onto this info. I don't remember who asked. Maybe it wasn't on here, but the response was that Elizabeth has a cat and I think Lyric may have dogs...Maybe it was on JVM or NG. MOO

I am trying to get past the girls riding to the lake. I mapped out 1.5 miles in all directions from my childhood home. My mother would have kicked my butt if I was that far from home at age 8. Or 10 from that matter. I can tell you that my brother and i pushed many boundaries, but at no time did we ever go NEAR that far.

I grew up in a very safe area. Not far from the elementary, jr. High and high schools. and approximately one mile from my grandparents home.

I think 1.5 miles is a ridiculous distance to be with no adult. I would have had a heart attack if I had ever found out my son was that far from my home at age 8. "safe" area or not.

I truly believe that the family knows that the distance is unacceptable for those two kids, which might explain the reluctance of Grandma and other members of the family to admit they may ride their bikes to the lake.

COOK-MORRISSEY: I don`t think they have a normal bike route, but they are not allowed to just ride freely for hours or until dark. They do have a little bit of freedom, so they`re allowed to go, you know, maybe two or three blocks away and stay within those blocks. An hour, check back in is kind of the standard that we hold with them, and mostly, they stick with it.

And so it was at 11:30, they asked me if they could go for a short bike ride, and I said yes. And they`ve done this millions of times. And they`ve never, never went that far. I could go outside and yell their names, and they would eventually hear me.-Wilma Cook

Amazing post! I think that is one reason the timeline is off is because LE was not sure they were being told the truth. It wasn't until the video surfaced of the girls on their bikes with the time stamp that LE came out and said the time line was okay. Honesty is of the utmost importance in establishing a good timeline, because honestly I don't know how long "eventually" is - 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 45 minutes, an hour? Hard to say. I believe that is why the KWWL of MCM and WC was specifically subpoened to see if they are telling the truth. WC did not say a word. MCM said a lot. I think it is interesting they did not appear live on Fox last night, but only by phone and by a bad connection. LE wants to see as much footage as they can of this family. Like a good poster said earlier, the more they talk, the more the story and facts are likely to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan