IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So to know about this super secret place, you'd have to live closer to it than Olli, like maybe 2 doors down in a now-vacant house that happens to have a green paddle boat in its yard? A green paddle boat that was in the water when the girls went missing (Visible behind the Morrisseys in interviews), but is now up on land, almost in the front yard (Per Olli's visit yesterday). Hmmmmm...

Not necessarily. It could be someone who grew up in the area and used to play/explore around there. It could be someone who spends a lot of time around Meyers Lake currently - someone who enjoys walking around the lake for relaxation when they get home from work, for example. It could be someone who does regular maintenance work there - someone who mows, picks up trash, checks the pump, etc. I can think of several different possibilities including yours.

It appears to be taken from the dock that was removed, or from the boat ramp next to it. Either way, the photographer is at the parking area, looking ESE along the lakeshore. And yes, yesterday that paddleboat was up in the yard (or one very, very similar). I presume the homeowners and LE had a good look at it and pulled it up away from the lake.

Do you know which house it was in front of? Starting at the wooded area, how many houses up the shore line?

Howdy y'all! Newbie here. I have been reading here for the last 3 days, all 60 pages of the previous E & L thread and now16 pages of the newest thread. Just wanted to say hi and that y'all are amazing. I am enjoying reading everyone's speculations, thoughts and commentaries on this case. I have followed several missing children cases and as in those this one too has quite the oddities. Y'all are really on top of this case! Thanks!

Hello everyone. I have been reading along for a few days now and I finally decided to join the conversation. I have been obsessing over this case and don't even fully understand why myself. I have never followed an abduction case in the past, but on this one, it is all I think about. Perhaps it is because I have a 10 year old daughter and it is only one state away. Regardless of the reason, I want to participate in some form or another.

I noticed that there have been some comments about where streets intersect and that there are differences in the imagery between Goolge and Bing, so my first contribution will be a link to a very interesting tool available from the Black Hawk tax assessor. Use the zoom tools to get to the area of the city you want and then use the "i" tool to get information on who owns each parcel. This is public record so I hope it is ok to post the link. http://www2.co.black-hawk.ia.us/website/bhmap/viewer.htm

Quoting myself. I wanted to point out that there is also a measuring tool. Click the icon that looks like a little rule. For example, you can zoom in on the southeast corner of the lake and the woods and using the measuring tool, you can obtain approximate distances. I hope everyone finds this useful.

This is another picture of the location of that green paddle boat. Is this close to the dock they removed?

072012w2.jpg

View attachment 25117

Thanks for posting these. Wait.....I take that back. I wish you hadn't. Just kidding....sorta....know how sometimes you get a creepy feeling for no apparent reason? That photo made my hair stand on end--not the boat--the lot.

Do we have access to the video the shot is from?

Howdy y'all! Newbie here. I have been reading here for the last 3 days, all 60 pages of the previous E & L thread and now16 pages of the newest thread. Just wanted to say hi and that y'all are amazing. I am enjoying reading everyone's speculations, thoughts and commentaries on this case. I have followed several missing children cases and as in those this one too has quite the oddities. Y'all are really on top of this case! Thanks!

:welcome:

:greetings:

I would like to know who the 3rd person is charged with manufacturing meth with DM. The library might have copies of older newspapers.

Anyone remember when the arrest was?

I would REALLY like to know this too. I'm going to tweet some of the local reporters and see if they know.

Welcome y'all! :wagon:

There is so many weirdos out there when this first happened i was checking out craigslist to see if there was a boat for sale or truck and there was one guy that said hey i am in evensdale for a few day camping does anyone want to ---- for awile at around 1 or 2. I live in vegas but from a small town i thought i have seen it all living here now but my hell there are some freaks!!!!

Thanks for posting these. Wait.....I take that back. I wish you hadn't. Just kidding....sorta....know how sometimes you get a creepy feeling for no apparent reason? That photo made my hair stand on end--not the boat--the lot.

Do we have access to the video the shot is from?

Someone found the video and posted it yesterday then I took that screen shot. I will see if I can find it.

ETA: My history is gone because I had to update my browser and restart my pc.

Interesting...it made me jump, because I posted some threads back that maybe they are in protective custody with the powers that be on a sort of "vacation" at Disney World. MOO

I gotta admit this is my way of thinking too, especially seeing how Misty is nonchalant about the whole situation, that maybe she knows something we don't. Then I get to thinking, there are several more children that could be targeted if this was the situation. Correct me if I am wrong, but Heather and Drew have 3 other children besides "Lizzy" and don't Dan and Misty also have a son together? Soooo......perhaps if the abduction is related to the parents and the drug narc-ing and pending charges against the dad, more likely than not Lyric was the intended target. Plus, there was an article that I read early on (looking for a link) that said Lyric was a witness in the domestic violence act against her mother which leads me to wonder if the child was not also witness to other drug activity. Hoping this is all my overactive imagination.

There is so many weirdos out there when this first happened i was checking out craigslist to see if there was a boat for sale or truck and there was one guy that said hey i am in evensdale for a few day camping does anyone want to ---- for awile at around 1 or 2. I live in vegas but from a small town i thought i have seen it all living here now but my hell there are some freaks!!!!

WHAT?!? Did you screen print the ad?

Do you know which house it was in front of? Starting at the wooded area, how many houses up the shore line?

Not exactly sure. I believe there are one or two houses between that one and the woods, but I'm not sure. I'm usually on the trail or the road, and haven't ever really checked out all the homes from the lake, tbh.

Thanks to everyone here for the support and the sweet words.

The oldest son, who has the addiction problems, disappeared for several days when he was a teen. I have shared this story before on WS....we thought he was dead but he was eventually found alive and brought home to us. Of course, we were overjoyed! But he has never been the same and its been very difficult for everyone in our family.

One of the reasons I started Websleuths was due to my son's disappearance. After a couple years, I became somewhat obsessed with the missing...and also their families. It was eye-opening to discover how many of the missing are found deceased. I also found common bond in that many of the recovered-missing continue to face many struggles due to their disappearance. You may recover the physical body but recovering the soul is another matter altogether.

I am convinced that you will never find a better group of people in the world than those you find on Websleuths! What a fantastic and loving group of individuals. Even in disagreements, you find respect and class. Compassion...its in abundance here. Amazing that hundreds upon hundreds of members from all walks and cultures can come together with kindness in their hearts for those who are hurting. Its been very redemptive for me to witness.

Quoting myself. I wanted to point out that there is also a measuring tool. Click the icon that looks like a little rule. For example, you can zoom in on the southeast corner of the lake and the woods and using the measuring tool, you can obtain approximate distances. I hope everyone finds this useful.

I had goofed with that site long ago, but never extensively. Thank you so much.

NVgirl, maybe you should call that in as a tip. LE can check back through CL even if the ad is long gone. Was it under personals or something? Could have been a prank too, because anybody can post on CL pretty easily.

Bootsctr I am thinking along the same lines as you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member