IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. And she had a very close relationship with the Collins family which probably provided a strong stable cohesive factor as well.

I'm sure that has been the case ... but in order to be taken out of a home, you need to have lived in it. She saw things the average person doesn't see. And I'm sure she knew something was going on. Being in a strong and stable family doesn't erase coming from one that is all sorts of messed up.

Has this been posted?

Missing Iowa cousins 'may have been abducted by DRUG DEALERS': Grandmother of 10-year-old says girl's father is police informant as he is arrested for domestic abuse.

Missing Iowa cousins could have been abducted by drug dealers as payback after one of the girls' fathers snitched to police.

The grandmother of Lyric Cook, 10, who disappeared on July 13 with cousin Elizabeth Collins, 8, said today that Lyric's father, Dan Morrissey, could have made an enemy after giving investigators information on local drug users and dealers to shave time off his own possible sentence.

'Dan 'narc-ed' on a bunch of people,' Wylma Cook, 72, said. 'Everybody knows that.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lins-abducted-drug-dealers.html#ixzz225GHaF7C

I'm pretty sure I'm on the same page as Sapphire Steel and/or Jaime.

Hey sailor girl help s nv girl out. Lol i know its hard on her but try to explain to me. Do you guys think JC is the k--------? Or who?

Gah my reply went poof.

If he weighs 210 he burns about 800 calories an hour riding at 12-14 mph. If he is not compensating his calories burned with calories consumed then he'd be losing over a pound a week.

Very unscientific research on a very unlikely topic. I just have a hard time seeing an exercise enthusiast eating unhealthy. Unless its hot tamales, then I understand completely.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Check out RAGBRAI coverage! There is every kind of junk food on offer along the ride and every evening. Sure, some of it you have to pay for but a lot is just offered for free.

When Chuck Offenberger (a Register columnist) was doing RAGBRAI, he was well known for his quest to find the perfect cinnamon roll. He ended up gaining five pounds during the ride. <cough> Well, he said "at least five pounds" which leaves room for expansion. <LOL>

If this pans out, I think there is a good chance they are alive, but there's gonna be some 'splainin' to do. MOO

I'm sure that has been the case ... but in order to be taken out of a home, you need to have lived in it. She saw things the average person doesn't see. And I'm sure she knew something was going on. Being in a strong and stable family doesn't erase coming from one that is all sorts of messed up.

So true.

If last year was any indications of what's been going on, it's been a nightmare. Dan is charged with stomping on Misty's head and breaking her finger.

How many children do they actually have between the two of them? It seems like between prison stints and rehab, there actually hasn't been that much spare time?

:dunno:

Has this been posted?

Missing Iowa cousins 'may have been abducted by DRUG DEALERS': Grandmother of 10-year-old says girl's father is police informant as he is arrested for domestic abuse.

Missing Iowa cousins could have been abducted by drug dealers as payback after one of the girls' fathers snitched to police.

The grandmother of Lyric Cook, 10, who disappeared on July 13 with cousin Elizabeth Collins, 8, said today that Lyric's father, Dan Morrissey, could have made an enemy after giving investigators information on local drug users and dealers to shave time off his own possible sentence.

'Dan 'narc-ed' on a bunch of people,' Wylma Cook, 72, said. 'Everybody knows that.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lins-abducted-drug-dealers.html#ixzz225GHaF7C

WC: I never said that. (on Justice Jeanine, Fox) MOO

I like how "she never said that" but it was completely implied in the earlier article.

I don't at this time think the girls made it to the lake. I think the bikes were staged. Something happened between Elizabeth's house & the lake with someone. It could be on the lake shoreline of homes though. My first gut was DM because he couldn't see Lyric alone and that was the first day. After that, I fell flat unless Lyric could testify against DM or had been threatening him & MCM also with what she knew about something possibly illegal they were doing. I can see that. She spent a lot of time with EC's family while both parents were in prison.

If Lyric coming home late with her other cousin a week earlier is true
And if the story about trying to run away also is true
DM not taking his plea deal when he should & not allowed to be around Lyric alone, him hiding behind MCM in interviews, jmo...(I think they were both coming off a meth high the first week in interviews, jmho)
MCM's supposed bf is arrested
Warrant for DM's accomplice for either the drug charges or family court
Aunt TB playing tackle...well that's where I'm at so far. I can't get past the family.

I hope this is not against tos. If so, my apologies.

In 2004 (when MCM was convicted), Lyric would have been... three years old. Roughly.

She stayed with the Collinses while her mother was in prison and halfway house (about 18 months) and then her legal custody was transferred to Wylma Cook.

So she would have been about 4.5 years old.

Based on that, I think it could have been either way.

I think sometimes people say things in the heat of the moment and then think about it later. It was probably bad that she said it in the first place ... A. because she put into everyone's head a revenge angle and B. she announced to the world around them that her SIL is a narc ... not something you want the world to know. I mean in news reports it might say he plead down because he gave the police useful info but she made it our like he narc'd on everyone he ever dealt with.

In 2004 (when MCM was convicted), Lyric would have been... three years old. Roughly.

She stayed with the Collinses while her mother was in prison and halfway house (about 18 months) and then her legal custody was transferred to Wylma Cook.

So she would have been about 4.5 years old.

Based on that, I think it could have been either way.

So she hasn't lived with either parent since 2004. I didn't realize it had been that long. I thought she was back and forth between troubles. I still think she's too spunky to have been abducted by a stranger without having fought in some way. That's why I keep leaning toward someone she knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member