IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Wonder what's up with that? Wish she'd asked the family abou it. Lots of interesting info in a very short amount of time.

IMO, the family friction "still" [TJ Hart] may be between Lizzie's Mom and her sisters.

I believe Heather and Drew can speak for themselves and will re whether or not their daughter has been to the lake before.

Why not allow them to divulge that info first?

Seems it was Elizabeth that knew the way..and she was in the lead on the video (although they were going away from the lake at that point in time). MOO

They were going west on the video which is not technically "away" from the lake. You can get to the lake from where they were by going either east or west and then south.

I was going to say the same thing. And I think that MAYBE Auntie knew the girls sometimes rode with the neighbor girls, but didn't tell Grandma about it. JMO

It was odd, she had a fb at one time, but she wasn't on Lyric's, or her sisters' fb list. Anyway, it was the grandmother who watched them, why wouldn't this Aunt tell her they were doing this when they weren't allowed? I think she talks too much.

I don't have a tv, so sorry if I asked something that any dummy should know at times. Did she actually say that Lizzy rode bike to the lake with the other girls, or just that she rode there with them? It is possible that she rode there in a car with the girls and their parents, isn't it?

The connection was so bad that it is hard to say exactly what was said, word for word. Plus I was busy picking my jaw up off of the floor. :what:

Seems it was Elizabeth that knew the way..and she was in the lead on the video (although they were going away from the lake at that point in time). MOO

Going West the girls can still get to the lake, (I believe Holly mapped that possible route in red on one of the maps see attached)

It's just a longer way to get there based upon the short time frame info we have (if accurate at all?)

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=218199748434644937742.0004c4d3e1a9fb56b4658&msa=0

I cannot wait for the transcript. Does Judge J do transcripts online? I think the show replays so I will try and get it word for word next time.

But from memory it started out like this:

TB: " I want to clarify, about the lake. The girls actually DID know about the lake because there are three girls who live across from Elizabeth, and they ride there all of the time...

So it is hard to determine exactly what she was saying. Did they just KNOW about it, from hearing the neighbor girls discuss it? OR did they actually go there with them?

Thanks to everyone of you who reported about Judge Ps show.
Poor grandmother! If LE isn't telling her anything about the investigation.....
she's likely holding on to hope fuled by fear of the unknown!

Interesting Aunt T. Said Lizzy rode to the lake with friends.

IMO, the family friction "still" [TJ Hart] may be between Lizzie's Mom and her sisters.

I believe Heather and Drew can speak for themselves and will re whether or not their daughter has been to the lake before.

Why not allow them to divulge that info first?

And why, if I'm understanding this correctly, is there confusion about the girls going to the lake (between Aunt T and Gma) at this point? By now, have they not discussed it amongst themselves? (I seriously don't understand that. No snark. Pure confusion.)

The reason I think he didn't have the days confused is because he said that investigators came to his house that same evening. He certainly wouldn't have forgotten what had just happened that same afternoon. Maybe he confused who he saw but I don't think he would have confused the day.

Ok, thanks MotherOcean.

Thanks to everyone of you who reported about Judge Ps show.
Poor grandmother! If LE isn't telling her anything about the investigation.....
she's likely holding on to hope fuled by fear of the unknown!

Interesting Aunt T. Said Lizzy rode to the lake with friends.

So I guess we are all still confused about what 'exactly' Aunt T. was saying. It seemed like she was implying that the girls rode to the lake with the neighbor girls. But thinking back, she might have held back a bit from saying that explicitly. I have to watch the replay to know for sure.

She said { paraphrasing] to clarify, the girls did KNOW about the lake because the three girls across the street rode there all of the time...

Wonder what way the kids rode to the lake when Elizabeth was with the neighbor kids?

It was odd, she had a fb at one time, but she wasn't on Lyric's, or her sisters' fb list. Anyway, it was the grandmother who watched them, why wouldn't this Aunt tell her they were doing this when they weren't allowed? I think she talks too much.

It is just speculation on my part, but she did correct Grandma on the air tonight about the girls not ever going to that lake. So she apparently knew about it herself already, so why didn't Grandma know?

Aunt T.has an 11 yr old daughter. I think there might be family friction because the 11 yr old would possibly lead the younger cousins into older behavior. [ I know mine did. lol]

So I have wondered if maybe Aunt T's daughter ever rode with them to the lake. I know she lives in the next town over, but I am sure she still knows where the skate park by Grandmas house is.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/07/17/mother-of-missing-iowa-girl-elizabeth-collins-speaks-out/

She told him, “Elizabeth would never go on a bike ride down there by herself without an adult … And it’s 1.5 miles from our house. Her normal route is around like the block or you know up and down the block, that’s it.”

Mrs. Collins said that they don’t let Elizabeth cross major streets, but sometimes when she’s with her cousin, Lyric, they do go out a little bit farther, though she says “they had never gone that far nor had they ever been gone that long.”

So Heather's sister Tammy knew the girls were going to the lake and grandma didn't know either?

And why, if I'm understanding this correctly, is there confusion about the girls going to the lake (between Aunt T and Gma) at this point? By now, have they not discussed it amongst themselves? (I seriously don't understand that. No snark. Pure confusion.)

Not saying all Grandmothers are the same, but my mother cares for Grandkids and she spoils them. They are perfect and do nothing wrong. I could tell her I seen them in a parking lot and she would say I was mistaken, they would never do that!

This makes me really suspect stranger abduction again...(my theory changes hourly). MOO

I think it could have happened very simply. The girls at around 12:15:
"Let's ride to the lake and back fast before we have to go home!"
They are riding fast in the video. They got to the lake and were going to ride around it and out fast.
At the point where the bikes were found, someone got them to drop their bikes and come with him, either by calling urgently to them "Come and help me find my dog, kitty, baby, whatever" or threatening with a weapon. They dropped their bikes and went into the woods with him and he quickly subdued them, either with a knife to the throat of one, or hit them, knocked them out, whatever it was, it was quick and possibly violent. TG rides by, they are back in the undergrowth being kept quiet. Perp then takes them to a waiting vehicle and is gone. All in a minute or two.

The noise from the adjacent highway has been mentioned here several times, it would mask any noise made by movement in the undergrowth and also any outcries from the girls.
It happens, so fast no one notices. It even happens in places not hidden nearly as well as this pathway is at that point.

I think this person was there and saw them coming from across the lake. That gave him just enough time to get into place if he needed to move a little or get a knife out, whatever.

I do not believe it could have been planned as no one knew they would be there.

I believe this was a crime of opportunity. He had the opportunity and he took it. It happens.

...the only thing that I can't fit into this scenario is the purse being on the other side of the fence, set down neatly as if dropped over the fence and not thrown.

Where is the closest place that a vehicle could park to the spot where the bikes were found?
I've looked at the maps and can't tell. TIA MOO JMO

There's one thing about this scenario that doesn't work for me. If they were accosted by someone on the path, why would that person do it in the double fence area. It seems to me that it would be much easier to call out to the girls and get control of them without having to leave their bikes in the double fence area ... that is, why not do this where there was only one fence?

I understand a family's need to keep the story "out there", however I definitely see why lawyers recommend not speaking with the press. Inconsistencies and changes in the story truly stand out in an interview.

Too bad they don't use the donations for a spokesperson

I can't help but feel TB has been directing the word of their disappearance from the get go. Face on tv, knows more than those who were there, Dan's a great guy etc...The law on the other hand didn't mention her man with a name & number who saw the girls at the lake.

There does seem to be some friction between the family & to me it's clear who, just not fully why yet. I've got my suspicions though.

Gosh, it's too long for the girls to be gone.

Aunt T. did go on another defensive for DM, imo. She told Judge J. that she wanted to clarify that Dan did NOT have a gun and the assault did not include weapons charges.

hmmmm...?

Who said anything about guns? Uh-oh. The statement analysis folks will be all over that... :moo:

So I guess we are all still confused about what 'exactly' Aunt T. was saying. It seemed like she was implying that the girls rode to the lake with the neighbor girls. But thinking back, she might have held back a bit from saying that explicitly. I have to watch the replay to know for sure.

She said { paraphrasing] to clarify, the girls did KNOW about the lake because the three girls across the street rode there all of the time...

katydid, I'm more confused, lol
We need a transcript like you previously mentioned.

I assumed Aunt T was referring to all the girls riding bikes to the lake together. Now we need to find out if that was the case
Or
did Aunt T. Mean the girls all rode in a car together? Idk :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members