GUILTY IA - Evelyn Miller, 5, Charles City, 1 July 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I check back here quite often to see if any suspects have been found or arrested. Did LE have a warrent for Evelyn's old apt or for the apt that her mother is now living in? That wasn't real clear. It sounds like they are looking at the mother and her boyfriend.

If they searched the new apt then they must be looking for something that shouldn't be there like a piece of clothing that Evelyn was wearing that night or something like that. I can't think of any other reason to search the new apt. Anybody?

The mom was working that night. That leaves the boyfriend. I wonder what kind of abuse was reported....neglect or physical abuse?

The way I understood the article, the new search warrant is for the new apt. Now what the evidence they are looking for is not being discussed. Nor are they discussing the probable cause for the warrant. But presumably whatever evidence they are looking for is something they would have moved with them.

mysteriew said:
The way I understood the article, the new search warrant is for the new apt. Now what the evidence they are looking for is not being discussed. Nor are they discussing the probable cause for the warrant. But presumably whatever evidence they are looking for is something they would have moved with them.

That is interesting. The mom was at work that night....those guys stopped by and it was my understanding that Evelyn was at home when they were there. That leaves the boyfriend. I just want them to find the killer so there will be justice for Evelyn.

Thank you, Mr. Chrisite, for posting the link to your blog. Evey was a beautiful little girl and it breaks my heart that someone could hurt her. Welcome to WS, and please keep us updated. I will check your blog often, as well.

I find it very interesting that the mother gave a friend the hard drive of the computer and freaked out when she learned that LE had it. Maybe her or the boyfriend reseached some kind of incriminating evidence.

Usher737 said:
I find it very interesting that the mother gave a friend the hard drive of the computer and freaked out when she learned that LE had it. Maybe her or the boyfriend reseached some kind of incriminating evidence.

My thought was that someone in the house may have been into child *advertiser censored* and didn't want LE to find out?

That is very possible as well. However, if the boyfriend is into that then why not turn him in?

there may have been photos on there of a nature they didn't want revealed, not necessarily *advertiser censored*, but perhaps personal photos revealing drug use or seductive personal photos. just personal things they would rather keep hush hush.

More than two months after someone killed Evelyn Miller and dumped her body in the Cedar River, investigators are focused again on the apartment complex where her mother and fiancee' lived when she disappeared.

Gene Meyer, the director for the Division of Criminal Investigation, says new information led investigators to back the apartment complex where they searched the building, garages, and two cars. Investigators with the DCI and the Floyd County Sheriff's Office searched this apartment complex, where Evelyn lived with her two younger brothers, her mother, Noel Miller, and Noel's fiancee', Casey Fredricksen.

According the the Charles City Press, investigators spent three hours at the apartment. Agents focused on a double garage where they examined clothing, blankets, pillows and a tent. The DCI crime investigation unit also took swabs from a carpet found inside of the garage.

"There are agents working there everyday and then, from time to time, we have our forensic experts from the crime lab come up to look for physical evidence and that's an ongoing process," Meyer says.

In another garage, investigators took pictures of a dark-colored Toyota Supra and examined hunting clothes. Agents also photographed a black, late 90's model Chevy Monte Carlo.
http://www.kwwl.com/Global/story.asp?S=3854915

Has there been any updates on this case? I can't believe there are no leads.

dr dona said:
I live in Iowa. Nothing in the paper or on the news.

Please keep us posted if you hear anything. This case is just a heart breaker.
Someone took that little girl from her home and murdered her. It's hard to believe that there was no evidence anywhere. I hope this case isn't going cold. This little girl deserves justice.

A man who considers himself a parent of 5-year-old Evelyn Miller, the Floyd County girl whose July murder remains unsolved, tried to kill himself Wednesday night, friends said.

Casey Frederiksen and his fiance, Noel Miller, who is Evelyn's mother, have faced pressure and scrutiny lately: from state investigators, from federal prosecutors, from state social services workers, from Evelyn's relatives and from people on the street.
http://www.dmregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050922/NEWS/50922008/1001

A newspaper said the fiance of Evelyn Miller's mother was rushed to a hospital Wednesday night after he apparently cut his wrists.

The Charles City Press reported that Casey Frederiksen was carried from his back yard on a stretcher. His bandaged wrists were restrained behind his back.
http://www.theiowachannel.com/news/5007484/detail.html

Wasn't he given and didn't he pass a lie detector test? I wonder what provoked an action like this.

Beyond Belief said:
Wasn't he given and didn't he pass a lie detector test? I wonder what provoked an action like this.

Yes, but don't forget the computer hard drive and the search warrant for the computers. I think there is something there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back