GUILTY IA - Evelyn Miller, 5, Charles City, 1 July 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He had a huge amount of child *advertiser censored* and he attempted suicide. Not good.

I am imagine Emily's mother is very upset about how this is turning out.

mysteriew said:
I believe I can see motive.
It is very sad. I have no doubt the mother went to work and the boyfriend checked out the *advertiser censored* online. Mom likely had no idea he was doing this.
If she had know zshe would have felt he did not want her sexually and would have worried for her kid.
It is said in the news reports he sold marijuana. Likely a man home all day while his girlfriend worked and she had no idea he was getting *advertiser censored* like this on the pc.
I have checked some sights that have to do with sex crimes and murders. I never sign up on a child *advertiser censored* sight.
I would like to se one only to report it. I could not look at it as I would be haunted as any mother would be.
I know some doubt the mothers knowledge of what her boyfriend was doing yet she would not have stayed with him if she knew.
Many people think pot is ok. They see no harm in it. If the mother had known her boyfriend was preoccupied with child *advertiser censored* I think she would have left.
She is a victim also.
You think her boyfriend let her know he liked little kids? I doubt it.
I bet she will want to kill him after she is over the shock.
In my book, he is not one to support anymore. Not because we KNOW he killed Emily but he had over a thousand child *advertiser censored* on his pc. I will never defend someone that could even look at these kinds of photos.

It sounds like this guy spent a lot of time on the computer checking out the child *advertiser censored* and downloading it. He also had videos of adults and children? Those must have been in the apt.

I have a hard time believing that Evelyn's mother was unaware. A computer full of child *advertiser censored*....videos of child *advertiser censored* in the home....SHE pulls the hard drive out of that same computer and trys to keep it from LE. She believes the boyfriend when he tells her a virus caused the child *advertiser censored*??? I've had a virus on my puter and all it did was mess my puter up so bad it had to go to the puter doctor. Wonder what he told her about the videos...how they got in the apt? That must have been a dilly of an explanation!!

Evelyn's mother did move out BUT she moved right back in. This boyfriend sells pot. She had to have known that. He uses it...she had to know that too.
He doesn't hold down a job...but she does or did anyway. What is wrong with this picture? Several calls to Protective Child Services over a period of time. LE at their apt off and on. I can see why LE wants the boyfriend held in jail. Why not, it isn't like he is missing work anyway :doh:

It sounds like little Evelyn's case just might be solved within the next year.
Not being sarcastic...his next hearing isn't until Dec.

I know I will be praying that the truth comes out and justice is served for this precious little girl.

I never suspected the bf! I hate this! Doesn't anybody live a normal life anymore? :eek:

Not only did he have all this child *advertiser censored* and use and sell drugs, he admitted to LE that he had repeatedly molested a little girl when he was 13. Did Noel know about that? he molesting a little girl so many years ago? I don't think so.

The fact that Noel moved out when she first found out about the *advertiser censored* on the computer, tells me that sort of behavior is not acceptable to her. I realize that he convinced her it was from a virus on the computer and not his doing. But after this new revelation, IMO, she now has to know he lied to her. She has to be just disgusted, ..........disgusted and sick to think that she was sleeping with and harboring the man who most likely molested and killed her beautiful daughter! :furious:

What a shame. How long did poor Evelyn have to put up with his secret before he killed her? (IMHO, IMOO)

Bless Evelyn's little heart. :(

JMHO
fran

So far they are very carefully not stating that he ever molested Evelyn, but I have been around here too long to believe that he didn't.

mysteriew said:
So far they are very carefully not stating that he ever molested Evelyn, but I have been around here too long to believe that he didn't.

This guy began molesting when he was 13-14 yrs. I have a hard time believing that it ended when he was caught. I would believe he just never got caught again. As we know, they can't stop. I will be watching as this all unfolds.

I know a guy who started molesting when he was 19 yrs. He was living with an older woman with 3 daughters. He molested 2 of them. The oldest daughter found out and told him to get lost or she would tell her mom. He was never charged.

Then he met up with another gal who had one little girl. They lived together and he molested her little girl. They had a daughter together and eventially split up. The mother never knew about the molestation until the girl was in her teens and it came out.

Right after that he met my oldest daughter. She had two children..a boy and a girl. They were together for 5 yrs and had a daughter together and planned to get married. My daughter worked and 3-4 nights a week she closed her place of work...about 9 pm. My grandaughter complained about stomach aches a lot but her mom didn't think a thing of it. Then one night my grandaughter left her mom a letter telling her what had gone on while she was closing her place of work on those nights. My grandaughter had put a stop to the molestion a year before she told...when she was 10 yrs. but it had a major affect on her. My daughter came home...read the letter...took the kids and went to the sheriff's department.

The guy was arrested...everything came out then. The way this pervert worked it was just amazing to me. He always hooked up with women with daughters. He was never without a little girl. My daughter dug until she found out about the first 2 little girls...then she found out about the 2nd girl that the guy had raised since she was about 2 yrs. She made sure it all came out in court. This was one mom who pushed the system and I'm sure they were sick to death of her by the time he went to trial.

Evelyn's mom also worked nights. She wouldn't have been aware of anything going on unless Evelyn told her. Often they don't. It sounds like there were many problems in the home. I would be surprised if the mom knew anything about the boyfriend's previous arrest for molestation. The child *advertiser censored*...I have a problem with her not knowing about that because of the hard drive that she tried to ditch. It will be interesting to see if she "stands by her man" now that she knows everything that we know. If she does then she will get no sympathy from me. Not that she would know/care one way or the other :hand:

Bobbisangel:
Thank you for the story of your daughter. God bless her for doing the right thing. She may have saved many children that could have been this guy's future victims.

I know they haven't said this guy is a suspect, but I'm not in LE and I think he might be good for it. I would have to know more facts though. I'm sure LE isn't sitting on their laurels with this investigation. If this guy is the perp, it's only a matter of time before we know.

This is just my opinion of course! :rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

Have your kleenexes ready!
In preparing this news report, Courier staff writers interviewed family members, neighbors, members of the community and authorities. The reporters also reviewed police and sheriff department documents and state and federal court records.

Miller declined to talk to the Courier. Frederiksen is being held in the Linn County Correctional Center. Attempts to reach him for comment were unsuccessful.

Neighbors and others were willing to overlook when 5-year-old Evelyn Miller appeared outside their door late at night. They didn't think much about heaps of electronic equipment inside her apartment. Or whiffs of smoke thought to be burning marijuana that seeped from her home.

Times when Evelyn showed off the three-legged cat she befriended --- or when she greeted others with a radiant smile at 7 a.m. --- countered other observations.

As Lynette Connerley said, "I try not to look at everything being evil."

Mystery swirls in the community about the final hours of Evelyn's life.

But troubling signs --- all too real and difficult for mainstream society to comprehend --- are being revealed amid allegations of a culture of drugs, *advertiser censored* and neglect that surrounded the slain girl, before and after her death.

"What we were getting out there totally wasn't the norm," Floyd County Sheriff Rick Lynch said.

Daily life

Evelyn's days frequently started early and ended late for a child. It wasn't unusual for her to wander the grounds at 1781 Quarry Road, the rural apartment building where she lived.
http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2005/10/09/news/top_story/cb46c1736d82494b862570950010cef6.txt

Evelyn Miller's Father Wants DHS Records
if (document.layers) {document.write(''); document.close();}coreAdsCreate('wnsz_20', 'loc', '100');
pxl_trans.gif

Des Moines, October 11th, 2005- It's been more than three months since police found Evelyn Miller's body in the Cedar River, a few miles from her Floyd home. The death was ruled a homicide, but no one has been arrested and few details have been released about how Evelyn died.

Yesterday, Governor Vilsack defended how the state has handled the case against criticism warning signs were missed. "Cleanly this was not a perfect family, but there wasn't anything to suggest this youngster would be abducted, killed, physical danger."

http://www.whotv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3963377&nav=2HAB

MistyGirl said:
Evelyn Miller's Father Wants DHS Records
if (document.layers) {document.write(''); document.close();}coreAdsCreate('wnsz_20', 'loc', '100');
pxl_trans.gif

Des Moines, October 11th, 2005- It's been more than three months since police found Evelyn Miller's body in the Cedar River, a few miles from her Floyd home. The death was ruled a homicide, but no one has been arrested and few details have been released about how Evelyn died.

Yesterday, Governor Vilsack defended how the state has handled the case against criticism warning signs were missed. "Cleanly this was not a perfect family, but there wasn't anything to suggest this youngster would be abducted, killed, physical danger."

http://www.whotv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3963377&nav=2HAB

Of course the governor is going to defend the state. He probably hasn't even read the complaints. He says that Evelyn's dad will get the records...eventually! What is wrong with now? Why should her father have to wait? All DSHS has to do is run copies of the reports.

I think someone really dropped the ball on this little girl. If neighbors saw things that didn't seem normal why not place a call to DSHS...they don't have to give their names. In this day and age it is better to be safe than sorry. I still don't understand why the dad didn't just keep Evelyn when he had her for visitation. If he was aware of the neglect and the way that Evelyn was living why not just not take her back to her mother and then fight the mom in court? These are things that I just don't understand. She was just a little girl and couldn't do anything about her situation herself. Kids depend on us to take care of things and to keep them safe.

I wonder what is going on with the boyfriend now. What was all of the equipment in the apartment that the neighbors saw. Were they making their own home movies??!!

I hope the cops are still investigating this case. This killer needs to be caught
or maybe he already has been but the cops don't know that he is sitting in a cell in their jail.

More people who know Noel Miller and Casey Frederiksen — the Floyd County couple who were parenting 5-year-old Evelyn Miller before she was murdered this past summer — have been subpoenaed to testify before a federal grand jury.

The federal investigation is separate from the state investigation into Evelyn's unsolved murder. The new round of subpoenas went out this week. One of the witnesses who will testify tomorrow at the federal courthouse in Cedar Rapids is Evelyn's father, Andy Christie, of Waterloo.

"I'm not quite sure what it's about," said Christie, who shared custody of Evelyn with Miller and has known Frederiksen for about 10 years.

Previous testimony from other witnesses prompted a grand jury on Sept. 29 to indict Frederiksen on a single child *advertiser censored* charge for allegedly possessing "sadistic and violent" computer images of minors engaged in explicit conduct, including movie clips depicting the sexual abuse of children.
http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051026/NEWS01/51026007/1001/BUSINESS

mysteriew said:
Previous testimony from other witnesses prompted a grand jury on Sept. 29 to indict Frederiksen on a single child *advertiser censored* charge for allegedly possessing "sadistic and violent" computer images of minors engaged in explicit conduct, including movie clips depicting the sexual abuse of children.
http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051026/NEWS01/51026007/1001/BUSINESS

OMGosh!

What is that?! :eek:

Now I am suspicious!!!!!!! And I think you know who I'm talking about. :furious:

JMHO
fran

fran said:
OMGosh!

What is that?! :eek:

Now I am suspicious!!!!!!! And I think you know who I'm talking about. :furious:

JMHO
fran

LOL, not of me I hope. I just posted it, I didn't own it!

I just have to respond to an above post. I don't know how to bring the quote down to my reply.
I find it VERY hard to believe Evelyn's mom had no idea her boyfriend was into kiddies and *advertiser censored*. Give me a break. I don't care if my bf or husband is the nicest guy in teh world and my best friend. If I work all day and he's home all day with the kids, not to mention on the computer, I will be curious to know what he does. To turn the other way is denial. There is no way she didn't know unless she didn't want to. She didn't protect her children!

Also, she didn't move out when she found out about the *advertiser censored*, as someone stated avoe. She moved out of their apartment WITH HER BOYFRIEND becuase of the all the memories in that apt. They then moved to another town TOGETHER where they were no longer comforted but were treated unkindly. (gee wonder why). She and her boyfriend gave a interview on local news about their move and being treated rudely. She didn't leave after finding this all out and she had to have allowed it by not leaving!!!

I wish parents would start protecting their children and stop playing stupid.

Laini, in Iowa

laini said:
I just have to respond to an above post. I don't know how to bring the quote down to my reply.
I find it VERY hard to believe Evelyn's mom had no idea her boyfriend was into kiddies and *advertiser censored*. Give me a break. I don't care if my bf or husband is the nicest guy in teh world and my best friend. If I work all day and he's home all day with the kids, not to mention on the computer, I will be curious to know what he does. To turn the other way is denial. There is no way she didn't know unless she didn't want to. She didn't protect her children!

Also, she didn't move out when she found out about the *advertiser censored*, as someone stated avoe. She moved out of their apartment WITH HER BOYFRIEND becuase of the all the memories in that apt. They then moved to another town TOGETHER where they were no longer comforted but were treated unkindly. (gee wonder why). She and her boyfriend gave a interview on local news about their move and being treated rudely. She didn't leave after finding this all out and she had to have allowed it by not leaving!!!

I wish parents would start protecting their children and stop playing stupid.

Laini, in Iowa

I saw that interview too. They were planning on moving again...2nd time after Evelyn's murder. I agree, the mom had to have been aware of what was on the computer or she wouldn't have tried to ditch it. I also have no doubt that Evelyn was this boyfriend's sex toy while mom was working. Anyone that downloads child *advertiser censored*...kids with kids, adults with kids is some kind of a sick S.O.B.

During that interview...they were outside and mostly they whined about the treatment they were getting from the neighborhood....new and old. I don't know that much about the mother but who is to say that she wasn't into the pot right along with her boyfriend? That could have helped her stay so layed back that she didn't pay to much attention to what was happening around her.

I have to say that an adult man...the father of two children...and that makes his living selling dope...isn't worth crap in my book. The mother had to know that he was dealing other wise where would their money have come from? I'm sure they had visitors day and night...10-15 mins each..per visit. No one is that dumb in this day and age. The mother was working in a nursing home and I know the wages are really low. I'll cut her some slack when it comes to Evelyn being used as a sex toy...only because she wasn't home at night but not when it comes to everything else.

It's a good thing that the state has the two little boys. My bet would be that the mother is still hanging in there waiting for her man to come home.

A grand jury met once again Thursday at the Federal Courthouse in Cedar Rapids. People questioned during the hearing said they were asked about Casey Frederiksen. Frederiksen is the fiancé of Noel Miller. Miller is the mother of five-year-old Floyd County murder victim Evelyn Miller.

Evelyn's father Andy Christie testified before the grand jury along with his brother, Jeremiah Christie. "They just asked about Casey's drug use and his computer," Jeremiah Christie said.

A different grand jury questioned Jeremiah about Frederiksen's computer last month. That grand jury indicted Frederiksen for possessing more than one thousand child *advertiser censored* images and movies. Jeremiah says he was asked similar questions about Frederiksen at Thursday's grand jury hearing. "I felt like I was repeating myself a lot I mean they just asked me more about what I knew about computers they told me they're not investigating me and they weren't investigating me- of course I didn't have anything to do with this," Jeremiah Christie said.

Even though the grand jury appears to be targeting Frederiksen, the Christie family says they still stand by him. "We've always been a friend of Casey. We still support him. He hasn't had a trial. He hasn't had a chance to have his lawyers speak for him," Richard Christie, Evelyn's Grandfather, said.
http://www.kcrg.com/article.aspx?art_id=98347&cat_id=123

I am surprised the Christie family is backing the boyfriend/fiance of Evelyn's mother knowing what they know. In local interviews they seem very educated, respectable, and also say things to imply that they think they know who did this but can't say yet. I wonder who they think did it. I also wonder why they still support the Fredericksen. (I also wonder if they really do support him or are just saying that to somehow help the investigation).

laini

laini said:
I am surprised the Christie family is backing the boyfriend/fiance of Evelyn's mother knowing what they know. In local interviews they seem very educated, respectable, and also say things to imply that they think they know who did this but can't say yet. I wonder who they think did it. I also wonder why they still support the Fredericksen. (I also wonder if they really do support him or are just saying that to somehow help the investigation).

laini
I am also VERY surprised that they are supporting him.I cant believe that any decent and loving parent/grandparent would have anything to do with someone with child *advertiser censored* on their computor.:banghead: .and the bloody mother had to know something to try and get rid of the hard drive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back