GUILTY IA - Evelyn Miller, 5, Charles City, 1 July 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Beyond Belief said:
This child was not sexually assaulted, was she?

I don't believe they have told the public if she was or not. Unless I missed something. I have been assuming that was probably the case since so many are, but I could be wrong.

I don't remember reading it either. I have been following this case. That poor little angel.

Possibly this would be good case to spot light this month.

The hard drive has something on it that Noel and her boyfriend didn't want anyone to see...that's for sure. LE must be onto something as they are focusing on the garage for some reason.

On the grandparents blog it says that the boyfriend tried to commit suicide recently. Makes a person wonder. I won't be surprised if some arrests don't happen pretty soon. It sounds like he will be one of the people arrested.

A man who considers himself a parent of 5-year-old Evelyn Miller, the Floyd County girl whose July slaying remains unsolved, was hospitalized Wednesday night after he reportedly cut his own wrists.

Frederiksen and Noel Miller have faced pressure and scrutiny lately from numerous sources: state investigators, federal prosecutors, state social services workers, Evelyn's relatives, and townspeople.

Investigators on Sept. 2 searched Frederiksen and Miller's new home in Charles City. On Sept. 14, they revisited the apartment complex in Floyd.

In early September, federal prosecutors convened a grand jury to hear testimony about possible criminal activity involving a computer from Frederiksen and Miller's apartment.

Frederiksen and Miller also have been in court multiple times over custody of their toddlers, Gabriel and Damian, who are currently in foster care.

The couple have experienced problems with neighbors and plan to move to New Hampton soon.
http://www.dmregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050923/NEWS01/509230360/1001/archive

The suicide attempt might just be from the stress due to Evelyn's kidnapping and death. However, it does seem a bit suspicious given the interest LE is showing in the recent investigation. Makes you go "hmmmm".

Greta spoke with a reporter from Evelyn's town tonight. The reporter said that LE has done a search on both the apt that Evelyn had lived in and the new apt her mom, etc is now living in. She also said that there is no hint that the police think the mom and her boyfriend are involved in Evelyn's death.

The mom and her boyfriend were on video on the show and they talked about how hard it is living in the town because people treat them like they are guilty of Evelyn's death. He said that people see them and they pull their children away as if they might do something to harm them.

The reporter also said that the boyfriend took a lie detector test right at the beginning and passed it. I know that the boyfriend has said all along how much he loved Evelyn. I hope he is really sincere. Their behavior before and after Evelyn's death would make a person question. I still wonder about the hard drive. It may be totally innocent...like pictures of them nude or something like that...and they may not have wanted LE to see them...it's hard to say though.

I just want whoever murdered this sweet little girl to be caught.

The fiance of Evelyn Miller's mother pleaded not guilty Friday to federal charges of possessing child *advertiser censored*. 26-year-old Casey Frederiksen was arrested by U.S. Postal inspectors Thursday night in New Hampton. He entered a plea in U.S. District Court in Cedar Rapids on a single charge.

Floyd County Attorney Marily Dettmer issued a statement Friday saying "the child *advertiser censored* case and the murder investigation are two completely separate cases." However, Dettmer added there is some overlap because some of the facts and the people involved are connected.
http://www.kcrg.com/article.aspx?art_id=97912&cat_id=123

A man close to the Evelyn Miller murder case has been charged with possessing child *advertiser censored*. Casey Frederiksen is engaged to Evelyn Miller’s mother. After a grand jury hearing, he is now facing the federal charge.

Friday Frederiksen’s sister, Brandi Hoffman, issued this statement to the media.

http://www.kcrg.com/article.aspx?art_id=97913&cat_id=123

Another family in denial. So sad. How does this help the children/victims? Do they think it will go away? Makes my heart break.

mysteriew said:
The fiance of Evelyn Miller's mother pleaded not guilty Friday to federal charges of possessing child *advertiser censored*. 26-year-old Casey Frederiksen was arrested by U.S. Postal inspectors Thursday night in New Hampton. He entered a plea in U.S. District Court in Cedar Rapids on a single charge.

Floyd County Attorney Marily Dettmer issued a statement Friday saying "the child *advertiser censored* case and the murder investigation are two completely separate cases." However, Dettmer added there is some overlap because some of the facts and the people involved are connected.
http://www.kcrg.com/article.aspx?art_id=97912&cat_id=123

Uh oh....no wonder he tried to kill himself.

Magistrate Paul A. Zoss advised Frederiksen of his rights. He urged him not to speak without the presence of his attorney, and appointed Jane Kelly, assistant federal public defender, to represent Frederiksen.

“How do you plead to the indictment,” Zoss asked. Frederiksen responded, “Not guilty.”

If Frederiksen is convicted of the possession charge, he could be sentenced to 10 years in prison and to pay a $250,000 fine.

Assistant U. S. Attorney Sean Berry requested that Frederiksen be detained. He will be held in the Linn County Jail until a detention hearing scheduled for 3 p.m. Monday.

Following the proceeding, Berry declined to give the ages of the

minors depicted in the alleged *advertiser censored* because the case is under investigation. He said more details would come out during Monday’s detention hearing.
http://www.globegazette.com/articles/2005/10/01/local/doc433e08424bb87241984396.txt

new in Des Moines Register this AM. Casey Frederiksen, 26, fiance of Evelyn's mother was charged Friday with possession of child *advertiser censored*. Frederiksen possessed images produced on a computer of minors engaged in sexually explicit conduct. The grand jury indictment didn't specify who is pictured in the images nor the age of the person or people in the images. He is being held in custody until a detention hearing on Monday.
Lets pray the pictures aren't of Evie!!That poor child!!1 No charges have been made regarding her murder nor has any info relating to COD been released.

dr dona said:
new in Des Moines Register this AM. Casey Frederiksen, 26, fiance of Evelyn's mother was charged Friday with possession of child *advertiser censored*. Frederiksen possessed images produced on a computer of minors engaged in sexually explicit conduct. The grand jury indictment didn't specify who is pictured in the images nor the age of the person or people in the images. He is being held in custody until a detention hearing on Monday.
Lets pray the pictures aren't of Evie!!That poor child!!1 No charges have been made regarding her murder nor has any info relating to COD been released.

He pled not guiilty and Monday is the detention hearing.
There is more info about his arrest in the other thread in located.

mysteriew said:
A man close to the Evelyn Miller murder case has been charged with possessing child *advertiser censored*. Casey Frederiksen is engaged to Evelyn Miller’s mother. After a grand jury hearing, he is now facing the federal charge.

Friday Frederiksen’s sister, Brandi Hoffman, issued this statement to the media.

http://www.kcrg.com/article.aspx?art_id=97913&cat_id=123

Oh for goodness sake. Isn't anybody 'normal' these days? What is with the 'child *advertiser censored*?' What the heck!

I don't know if this has anything to do with Evelyn, but this doesn't look too good for the family. No wonder DHS had been contacted previously. It would seem there are others who knew something about this.

JMHO
fran

Thinking out of the box: I wonder if someone set this guy up, that is of course if he isn't the guilty party.

Beyond Belief said:
Thinking out of the box: I wonder if someone set this guy up, that is of course if he isn't the guilty party.

I'm not sure that anyone set this guy up. It was reported early on in this case that DHS had been contacted on several occasions about there being abuse. I personally didn't believe it up to that point from what we then knew. However, now seeing there's 'child *advertiser censored*' even in the home, that seems,......well, kinky.

To this point, I don't see where this revelation leads to connecting the bf to Evelyn's death. However, it doesn't do his image any good. It makes you wonder what kind of friends he may have had which could give them access to Evelyn. I'm not necessarily talking about the two friends who were said to be the last ones who saw Evelyn, as they seem like they're telling the truth, IMO.

This new development is just curious. :(

JMHO
fran

Beyond Belief said:

When you pull the hard drive out of your computer....give it to a neighbor and ask her to keep it for you... then....you get into a fight with the neighbor because she gave it to LE...you aren't being set up.

Bobbisangel said:
When you pull the hard drive out of your computer....give it to a neighbor and ask her to keep it for you... then....you get into a fight with the neighbor because she gave it to LE...you aren't being set up.
I agree with you on this. Innocent people give LE everything they have to clear their name so LE can move on and find the real killer. Lessons learned from Ramseys.

Casey Frederiksen To Remain in Jail
Tuesday, October 04, 2005, 7:58:18 AM

By Mark Geary
KCRG-TV9 News

Video
(Cedar Rapids – KCRG) -- A federal judge has ruled Casey Frederiksen must stay in jail until his trial for possessing child *advertiser censored*.

Frederiksen is engaged to Noel Miller, the mother of five-year-old Floyd County murder victim Evelyn Miller.

Last week a Federal Grand Jury indicted Frederiksen for possessing child *advertiser censored*.

Frederiksen appeared confident when he entered the courtroom, but once the prosecutor started talking, Frederiksen's whole mood changed.

Court documents filed Monday afternoon list multiple reasons why Frederiksen is a threat to the community.

The documents say Frederiksen admitted to a Charles City police officer that he repeatedly molested a girl when he was thirteen-years-old.

The prosecutor also talked about a computer Frederiksen kept at his former Floyd County apartment.

During the Evelyn Miller murder investigation, prosecutors say Frederiksen tried to hide that computer from investigators.

When authorities found his computer, court records show he had more than one-thousand child *advertiser censored* images on his computer.

Plus, they say he also had a large number of movies showing adults sexually abusing children.

Frederiksen's fiancé, Noel Miller, moved out after she found some of that child *advertiser censored* on his computer but, Miller moved back with him after he convinced her that a virus caused those images to be on the hard drive.

Investigators say a virus never infected the computer.

Later, the prosecutor brought up Frederiksen's suicide attempt on September 21st.

Instead of cooperating with police, Frederiksen drew a knife on the officers who were trying to help him.

The prosecutor said that type of behavior makes Frederiksen a threat.

Then, prosecutors talked about how Frederiksen was the last person to see Evelyn alive.

He was supposed to be watching her the night she vanished.

She was found dead six days later.

The prosecutor also mentioned Frederiksen has no permanent home and no job.

Plus, court documents say he uses and sells marijuana.

Miller left the courthouse with Frederiksen's father.

Both did not comment.

Frederiksen's mother also did not say anything as she left the courthouse.

Then, authorities drove Frederiksen back to the Linn County Jail.

The judge says all those reasons cited by the prosecutor make Frederiksen a threat to the community.

So, he will remain in the Linn County Jail without bond. Frederiksen's next scheduled court appearance is December 5th.

I would think this puts him on top of the suspect list. I hate to think of the horrors that little girl had to live with. When will adult women grow up, ditch the boyfriends, and truely focus on the well being of their children ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back