GUILTY IA - Evelyn Miller, 5, Charles City, 1 July 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So have the two friends who dropped by the apartment been cleared?

nvfc said:
So this house that they confiscated evidence did not render any clues?

To me I think they need to focus on the immeadiate area and go over things and take another look at those that may have passed a polygraph. Someone knows something IMO.
Agree. I think its right under their noses.

Beyond Belief said:
have they made everyone take lie detector tests including the father?
Is this a house or apartment? Did they recently move? Did this child go after the cat, which was out? Did the live in boyfriend get up and talk to these friends? Were there any absconded child molesters loose, who disappeared in rented cars? Who are they? Why can't i find a child molester list for that area?
I believe it was an apartment because the mother said when she came home the door was open and the cat was in the hallway...that says apartment to me

I agree it is right under their noses. If the step father was asleep and Evelyn was missing, how does the mother know she opened the door for them or that they were even there? I believe the step father kind of hard for him to make her disappear obviously their was no evidence in apartment and he had 2 babies to take care off.

If those 2 guys where in that apartment at 2 willing to bet the mother is the only one who knew it. She sure blamed them fast enough don't believe the hurt Evelyn though. JMHO

CaliKid said:
So have the two friends who dropped by the apartment been cleared?
I'm not sure if they have...but I believe they search their apartment

I read some information on the town. 2001 and 2002 no murders. 2001 1 rape 2002 none. Just some burglaries. But meth problems..however. Just a nice little town you past through going somewhere else.

Wayne said:
I would think the child's mother and father (both) would be begging to be on the news to plead for the return of her daughter. Yet, we hear very little today.

IMO, the media acts in peculiar ways with respect to a missing child.

And YES - someone needs to speak up for the child.
Sorry, I should'nt have just mentioned the mother w/o first seeing if her biological father was involved in her life. From what I've read, she has alot of family who miss her dearly. I can't imagine the anguish they are going through right now. She's a beautiful little girl and I hope and pray this has a happy ending.

kahskye said:
Sorry, I should'nt have just mentioned the mother w/o first seeing if her biological father was involved in her life. From what I've read, she has alot of family who miss her dearly. I can't imagine the anguish they are going through right now. She's a beautiful little girl and I hope and pray this has a happy ending.

The dad was on Nancy Grace pleading for her return tonight, or at least a clip of him.

A criminal investigation into the child's disappearance is also under way.Authorities are tight-lipped about whether they have found anything in their criminal investigation.A house in Charles City was searched. Authorities said Noel Miller's fiancé passed a lie-detector test.No arrests have been made and no suspects have been named.Law enforcement officials have not ruled the possibility that Evelyn may have been abducted and taken out of Floyd County or out of the state.

http://www.theiowachannel.com/news/4691289/detail.html

Was Nancy Grace any clearer on the details?

The details I've read have been SO FUZZY.

The two men, did they come and go, and the fiance then went back to sleep while Evelyn continued to sleep on the couch?

Or did they come in and then the fiance went back to sleep while the two were still there?

It seems too late to do a fingerprint check on the doorknob, and rule out the known visitors.

Miller said her daughter loves Barbie dolls and playing dress-up."She's a beautiful, happy little girl, with a big, bright smile," Noel Miller said. "She's 5 years old, who giggles a lot. She's a wonderful big sister to her three little brothers. She has two sets of parents who love her very, very much."

:(

http://www.theomahachannel.com/news/4686200/detail.html

Prayers for Evelyn :blowkiss:

This is helpful.

The two people who came to the apartment weren't "friends", but rather "acquaintances".

There. Clear as mud. That explains that.

http://www.kimt.com/servlet/Satelli...icArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031783690316&path=

Prayers for that little girl. It's truly none of my business who those people were, and why they were there, and exactly how often predawn visitors come to that house, and why, but I can't stop being curious.

I just heard on Fox that she was found in the river. Trying to find confirmation, but I just caught the end of the report. :( :( :(

Anyone else hear anything?

http://www.globegazette.com

Posted online: Thursday, July 7, 2005 12:47 AM CDT

Evelyn Miller's body found in Cedar River; grandfather says she was murdered
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS, Bob Link and Deb Nicklay, Of The Globe Gazette

FLOYD (AP) - After six days of searching in hopes that Evelyn Miller would be found alive, the grandfather of the 5-year-old said her body was discovered in the Cedar River.

Richard Christie, of Des Moines, told KWWL-TV in Waterloo and The Gazette in Cedar Rapids that he learned about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday that his granddaughter's body had been found.

"She was murdered and her body was put in the river," Christie told The Gazette. "She was not drowned."

He said he was told that one person was being held in custody.

In Floyd County, authorities declined to release information regarding the case, but scheduled a news conference for 8 a.m. today.

Family members of Evelyn, who has been missing since Friday morning, were seen leaving the Floyd County Courthouse about 10:50 p.m. Wednesday. They left in a white van and did not speak to the media, according to a Globe Gazette reporter on the scene.

Bill Basler, Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation agent in charge; Scott Brown, assistant attorney general for Iowa; and Floyd County Attorney Marilyn Dettmer also left the courthouse without comment.

News crews from throughout Iowa were on the scene at the courthouse.

The news conference will be in the third-floor courtroom of the courthouse.

Visit the Globe Gazette Web site, www.globe-gazette.com, for the latest developments in the case.

Earlier Wednesday, Evelyn's parents walked up and down the rows of tables at the Floyd Community Center, thanking volunteers who had been searching for their daughter.

Noel Miller and Andy Christie shook hands, hugged and talked to the people who had been out in the hot July sun looking for their Evelyn.

Many of the people wiped tears after talking to the parents of the little girl.

Evelyn Celeste Miller reportedly was last seen at about 2 a.m. Friday in the living room of her mother's apartment, Floyd County Sheriff Rick Lynch said.

When Noel Miller returned from work at 6:20 a.m., Evelyn's siblings, Gabriel, 2, and Damian, 1, and Miller's fiance, Casey Frederiksen, were sleeping, but Evelyn was missing.

Richard Eisenmenger of Charles City helped in the search all six days. He was one of the people Christie shook hands with Wednesday afternoon.

He said little, but looked the father in the eye and nodded.

John Podgorniak of Northwood was taking a break when the parents entered the community center.

Podgorniak had been out with a morning crew, spending four hours while covering a two-mile area. He planned to go out with a second crew later in the day.

"Most of the area was thick," he said. "Really tall grass. The rest was knee and waist high."

Little news came out of a mid-afternoon news conference.

nvfc said:
No vehicle, no amber. Thats why I say we need another system, many cases do not meet the criteria of an amber alert.

I don't understand why they have to have a vehicle description before they will put out an Amber alert. A person could take a child and change vehicles a mile down the road. They could at least get the kid's picture and description out there. People can be looking for the child even if the vehicle is unknown.

This reminds me of Riley Fox. Vanished into the night. It is unbelievable the number of children who have vanished from their own homes. I hope this little one is found safe.

This is so sad. I was hoping someone was holding her somewhere.

Kelly said:
http://www.globegazette.com

Posted online: Thursday, July 7, 2005 12:47 AM CDT

Evelyn Miller's body found in Cedar River; grandfather says she was murdered
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS, Bob Link and Deb Nicklay, Of The Globe Gazette

FLOYD (AP) - After six days of searching in hopes that Evelyn Miller would be found alive, the grandfather of the 5-year-old said her body was discovered in the Cedar River.

Richard Christie, of Des Moines, told KWWL-TV in Waterloo and The Gazette in Cedar Rapids that he learned about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday that his granddaughter's body had been found.

"She was murdered and her body was put in the river," Christie told The Gazette. "She was not drowned."

He said he was told that one person was being held in custody.

In Floyd County, authorities declined to release information regarding the case, but scheduled a news conference for 8 a.m. today.

Family members of Evelyn, who has been missing since Friday morning, were seen leaving the Floyd County Courthouse about 10:50 p.m. Wednesday. They left in a white van and did not speak to the media, according to a Globe Gazette reporter on the scene.

Bill Basler, Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation agent in charge; Scott Brown, assistant attorney general for Iowa; and Floyd County Attorney Marilyn Dettmer also left the courthouse without comment.

News crews from throughout Iowa were on the scene at the courthouse.

The news conference will be in the third-floor courtroom of the courthouse.

Visit the Globe Gazette Web site, www.globe-gazette.com, for the latest developments in the case.

Earlier Wednesday, Evelyn's parents walked up and down the rows of tables at the Floyd Community Center, thanking volunteers who had been searching for their daughter.

Noel Miller and Andy Christie shook hands, hugged and talked to the people who had been out in the hot July sun looking for their Evelyn.

Many of the people wiped tears after talking to the parents of the little girl.

Evelyn Celeste Miller reportedly was last seen at about 2 a.m. Friday in the living room of her mother's apartment, Floyd County Sheriff Rick Lynch said.

When Noel Miller returned from work at 6:20 a.m., Evelyn's siblings, Gabriel, 2, and Damian, 1, and Miller's fiance, Casey Frederiksen, were sleeping, but Evelyn was missing.

Richard Eisenmenger of Charles City helped in the search all six days. He was one of the people Christie shook hands with Wednesday afternoon.

He said little, but looked the father in the eye and nodded.

John Podgorniak of Northwood was taking a break when the parents entered the community center.

Podgorniak had been out with a morning crew, spending four hours while covering a two-mile area. He planned to go out with a second crew later in the day.

"Most of the area was thick," he said. "Really tall grass. The rest was knee and waist high."

Little news came out of a mid-afternoon news conference.
Thank you for finding that Kelly. My heart is just broken for that family. I hope they have the DP in Iowa. I am glad they have a suspect in custody and wonder if it's either of the two that were at the house at 2 a.m.

I was so hoping that I had heard wrong. :( :( :(

I wish the grandpa was wrong, too. Such a beautiful child. May she rest in peace, safe in the arms of our Lord.

Kelly

So sad. I've been hoping against hope that she would be found alive. Bless her....

kahskye said:
I just don't get it, the military has now been called in to search for Natalee Holloway, yet this poor precious child has yet to make headline news. Am I missing something? I would think the mother would be begging to be on the news to plead for the return of her daughter.

It seems to take the parents being very aggressive with the media to get the attention that they need to get the child's face and info out there. Remember Sharon Rocha and the media.....now Natalee's mom, Beth, even though she is being criticized for everything she does....several other parents.

From what I understand this town has a population of around 500. The parents would probably need to go to the nearest large city and hit the media there. Some parents just aren't the aggressive type or they don't know that there are things that they can do or get done themselves.

I heard the aunt, Brandee, talk today. Her brother is the father of all three kids. It also sounded to me like the 2 a.m. guys told the police that they were at the apt....the little girl answered the door when they knocked. It didn't sound like she woke up her mom's boyfriend who was sleeping in a bedroom.

It sounds to me like this is a one bedroom apt and that the kids sleep on a sleeper couch in the frontroom. Could be way off base there though. Just because kids end up asleep on the couch doesn't mean the parents are bad parents. It also doesn't mean that is why some kids end up missing. We are all aware of the many children who had been tucked into their own beds in their pj's in
their own rooms at bedtime and were gone in the morning. My guess would be that more children have gone missing from their own bedrooms than from a couch in a frontroom. My kids and grandkids always slept in PJ's but if a child falls asleep in their clothes it doesn't mean the parents are bad parents. Kids tend to grow and flourish without pj's every night even though we might think it is ucky.

It doesn't sound like this little girl wandered off somewhere. This case reminds me of the Riley Fox case. I hope they find out something soon. The parents must be going crazy with worry.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fascist Donald Pig Trump
Back