Found Deceased IA - Jake Wilson, 16, La Porte City, 07 Apr 2018 *autistic*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I keep thinking that visit to the ice cream shoppe holds some kind of clue. Wondering if he saw someone there who asked him to meet them at the creek later ? Purely speculation on my part - MOO
I thought that as well. I wonder if he went to the ice cream shop with anyone in particular, who he visited with while there, and why he would want to go walk by the creek that late in the evening. I read in an article that the mom was sleeping at this time and the dad gave permission to go. The brown jacket he was wearing was not sufficient in this weather. It snowed a large part of the day yesterday and is still very cold right now.

This is the article that stated the mom was asleep. It also states that Jake did not have his glasses with him.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/up...cle_27fd5fb9-9622-5de3-b02b-a5badbcd4f3c.html

They are trying so hard to get more people out there to search and to share his info.

he left without his glasses? Come on! All pictures show him wearing glasses... what would make someone not wear their glasses, especially so late at night... Sorry, but this is hinky, I'll say it.

he left without his glasses? Come on! All pictures show him wearing glasses... what would make someone not wear their glasses, especially so late at night... Sorry, but this is hinky, I'll say it.

Yep. Been sitting on hands over here...

It really makes no sense that a child, much less a child with disabilities, would be given permission to visit a creek at nine o'clock at night. I can't wrap my head around this at all. Wondering about the family dynamics here.

My non-disabled 16 year old would not be given permission!

All I can say is: Here we go again. Not liking this at all.

I suppose it's possible that he just forgot his glasses since they said he is more in line with a 9 year old. But I guess it depends on whether or not that is a common thing for him to do or not.

The mom truly seemed distraught to me in the video though. I don't know. I wish we knew more about this kid. Was it normal to leave without glasses? Did he often go places alone? At night?

Looks like there‘s quite a bit of snow there now:
http://globegazette.com/news/local/...cle_19c44406-f9e6-56d2-96f5-d26f652acda4.html
e4d37007e81803e9c38c0ef55ff8a178.jpg

[...]

Sheriff Tony Thompson said that in addition to the volunteers, trained teams are carrying out specialized searches, like the group from Task Force 1 that will be checking confined spaces like storm sewer drains and culverts.

Sonar is also being used to scope out Wolf Creek and adjacent waterways. Officials said the sonar is useful because the streams feature a number of tangles of fallen branches, and the water is too dark to see through.

Authorities are also asking farmers and landowners within a 5-mile radius of La Porte City to check their outbuildings and vehicles.

Thompson said police haven’t ruled out any possibilities in the investigation into Jake’s disappearance.

"While it’s not criminal in nature, we are still going to process everything as though it’s a crime scene," Thompson said. "We are going to process every piece of information, we are going to process every found glove or boot or whatever, simply because it allows for a very regimented way of documenting everything that we come across."

[...]

Yeah, this is not looking good for this young man. :(

Oh no....he could be hidden under snow now. :(

So hard to give folks the benefit of the doubt when you're a WSer. So many red flags here. So many posts typed and deleted. Jake, I do hope you are okay somewhere.

yeah, that's all I've got.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy
Back