Found Deceased IA - Jake Wilson, 16, La Porte City, 07 Apr 2018 *autistic*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
These missing kids are the most heartbreaking cases.I just can't imagine this kid just deciding to walk to a creek in the dark and in bad weather unless he was meeting someone.

These missing kids are the most heartbreaking cases.I just can't imagine this kid just deciding to walk to a creek in the dark and in bad weather unless he was meeting someone.

I can't imagine it either. Maybe he didn't.

https://www.facebook.com/kgancbs2/

Live update was done.
Lots of info talked about, if not is when reporter asked sheriff if this is still considered a missing persons case!
Could be nothing but in my opinion his facial response differently!

Dive teams are now searching for Jake. Today is a beautiful day in Iowa with lots of sunshine. It should aid the divers in their search. I’m also glad that the Blackhawk County Sheriffs Department is considering all possibilities, even criminal, when it comes to his disappearance. IMO all missing persons cases should have all possibilities considered until it’s clear what happened.

http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Law-enforcement-teams-continue-to-search-for-missing-teen-479535403.html

Jake Wilson search: As divers look for autistic teen, mother says 'everybody is wanting him back'
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...county-children-evansdale-waterloo/509779002/
(Video at link)
LA PORTE CITY, Ia. — Divers squeezed into brightly colored dry suits to lookalong Wolf Creek on Thursday as the search for a missing autistic teen who went for a walk and never came back entered its fifth day

Behind a residential street, six members of the Johnson County Metro Dive Team searched a 200-foot stretch of the creek, hoping to find any sign of Jake Wilson, a 16-year-old who went missing Saturday night in unusually cold April temperatures.

"Step!" one diver shouted as the team members moved forward in unison. "Step!"
112ca44091828a2467724f376a67576d.jpg

Using sonar, authorities flagged the area of the creek that had pockets as deep as 15 feet, but they found no sign of Jake.
[...]

Jake Wilson search: As divers look for autistic teen, mother says 'everybody is wanting him back'
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...county-children-evansdale-waterloo/509779002/
(Video at link)
LA PORTE CITY, Ia. — Divers squeezed into brightly colored dry suits to lookalong Wolf Creek on Thursday as the search for a missing autistic teen who went for a walk and never came back entered its fifth day

Behind a residential street, six members of the Johnson County Metro Dive Team searched a 200-foot stretch of the creek, hoping to find any sign of Jake Wilson, a 16-year-old who went missing Saturday night in unusually cold April temperatures.

"Step!" one diver shouted as the team members moved forward in unison. "Step!"
112ca44091828a2467724f376a67576d.jpg

Using sonar, authorities flagged the area of the creek that had pockets as deep as 15 feet, but they found no sign of Jake.
[...]
I was just coming to post this same article.
In it , it says the family would call the ice cream store ahead of Jake going and send him with the exact change.

I was just coming to post this same article.
In it , it says the family would call the ice cream store ahead of Jake going and send him with the exact change.

I am originally from IA - not far from this town- and this comment just warmed my heart so much...it is so small-town-IA. When I was a kid we would go to the grocery store (with grandparents' permission, of course) and ask them to put our treat purchases "on Grandma's bill." It is so heart-warming to see this comment and be reminded of the sense of community and relationships.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/au...b0608a13-cce7-5f6b-8909-062da525a7ee.amp.html

Authorities have released a new tool in the hunt for a missing autistic La Porte City teen.

On Friday, officials announced they have set up a website where people in town can submit their photos and videos taken the day --- Saturday, April 7 --- that 16-year-old Jake Wilson went missing.

“People can upload their photos and videos taken anywhere in La Porte City on that day,” Sheriff Tony Thompson said in a news release. He noted examples being the bike ride and class reunion that took place that day.

The site is
www.fbi.gov/laportecityiowa

I'm curious as ever about them wanting every single photo taken in LP city that day!

I'm curious as ever about them wanting every single photo taken in LP city that day!

Maybe LE is looking for a stranger or someone not accounted for on that day since Porte City is a small town. Its possible that Jake was abducted by a stranger. I am assuming that LE is looking at any child predators in the area.

I assume they are hoping to see him in the background of the photos maybe?

I assume they are hoping to see him in the background of the photos maybe?
I posted yesterday that this chief or sheriff is the same one who worked in lyric and Elizabeth’s case. I also read that the FBI advocate or (?) is the same one who worked Lyric and Elizabeth case. The sheriff said yesterday that they learned so so so much from that case and it has brought them to a quicker investigation and what to do ( for lack of recalling his exact words).
I suspect they are looking for vehicles but that’s just my suspicion and I also believe they have become very experienced ( unfortunately) with what they need to do and look for as he stated they learned from mistakes with the cousins case.
I also think they have some new fancy state of the art equipment and tools that are going to blow this wide open and hopefully never have to experience a case like Lyric and Elizabeth’s again.

Sadly, so many missing children on the autism spectrum are found in water.

I hope this isn't the case with this young man.

This was my first thought too because younger children on the autistic spectrum seem to gravitate toward water. But at his age and having asked permission from his parents (I think I read that right?) I thought that it must be an area he goes regularly maybe?

Still strange to say yeah hey go play by the creek in the cold and dark. Regardless of autism or anything else.

All MOO of course. Praying he is found safe soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj
Back