IA - Jetseta Gage, 10, abducted & murdered, Cedar Rapids, 24 March 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BldWhtRose said:
Has anyone thought about , or Know ??? How in the world would it be so difficult for the police to identify Jetseta immediately upon locating her...
I was also wondering about that. I posted earlier that the wording concerned me, and I've had exactly the same thoughts that you just mentioned.

Prayers for Jetseta & those that love her.

It may be a while before we KNOW for sure why she was not identifiable ? Cause you know sometimes they keep that stuff private to use in court and they don't want it to leak before they have the solid case against that person and only that person ?

It really doesn't look like you'll find much on the second link for Geraldo at the moment. Maybe it will be updated later tonight. It also doesn't look like there are transcripts for his show, but I could be missing something.

Jovin,
Okay , well, while I did not find the info on Jetseta being Identified...
I did see this posting (where it talks about Roger Bentley being in court today)

This is about his brother who was assaulting her previously

"James Bentley, 33, is also being held in the Linn County Jail where he is awaiting a May 31 trial on second-degree sexual abuse charges, alleging he assaulted a girl repeatedly over a two-year period in Benton and Linn counties."

So, this answers my question about WHY James was not showing up as a sexual offender yet, he has not YET been convicted/still awaiting trial... I hope the judge throws the book at him, considering he was doing this for 2 years.... and it lead to his brother murdering her. WHY WHY WHY was he or either of them, EVER allowed close enough to her, on a repeated basis to molest her , time and time again for over 2 years ?????
AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH !!!!!! I Hate This !!
Myself being a prior victim.

Does anyone here know what
second-degree sexual abuse charges, means ?
How do they determine that ?
I know 3rd degree burns are worst
and 1st degree murder is worst (pre meditation) but WHAT determines the classification for sex crimes ? The sex acts taking place themselves ? Example: touching / versus rape etc ???? or is it based on something like pre meditation too ? Anyone know ? Thanks !

Jovin, :blowkiss: You are saving me a lot of time here, I want the information, but often waste a lot of time trying to find it !!! Thanks !!!!!!!!

BldWhtRose said:
Jovin, :blowkiss: You are saving me a lot of time here, I want the information, but often waste a lot of time trying to find it !!! Thanks !!!!!!!!

I'm really lousy at searches, so I'm surprised I was much help. There are great people on Websleuths who can conjure up the most obscure or long-lost links at a moment's notice..they have the power!!!!

I do not love the reasons this place exist... BUT I love the fact that if I can not find the information myself on the net, someone here can, someone always heard or saw or found out something someone else did not know... and it is great !!! Just found out about this place a few days ago myself ! Wish more people knew about it ! I found that info on abc news about her body being identified. And an article unrelated about a man having sex with cows ??? Lol

BldWhtRose said:
I do not love the reasons this place exist... BUT I love the fact that if I can not find the information myself on the net, someone here can, someone always heard or saw or found out something someone else did not know... and it is great !!! Just found out about this place a few days ago myself ! Wish more people knew about it ! I found that info on abc news about her body being identified. And an article unrelated about a man having sex with cows ??? Lol

I didn't realize you're another "newbie." I should have said Welcome!

We have so very many new members it seems lately that it's easy to overlook someone. I'm sorry.

Jovin

BldWhtRose said:
Jovin,
Okay , well, while I did not find the info on Jetseta being Identified...
I did see this posting (where it talks about Roger Bentley being in court today)

This is about his brother who was assaulting her previously

"James Bentley, 33, is also being held in the Linn County Jail where he is awaiting a May 31 trial on second-degree sexual abuse charges, alleging he assaulted a girl repeatedly over a two-year period in Benton and Linn counties."

So, this answers my question about WHY James was not showing up as a sexual offender yet, he has not YET been convicted/still awaiting trial... I hope the judge throws the book at him, considering he was doing this for 2 years.... and it lead to his brother murdering her. WHY WHY WHY was he or either of them, EVER allowed close enough to her, on a repeated basis to molest her , time and time again for over 2 years ?????
AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH !!!!!! I Hate This !!
Myself being a prior victim.

Jet's mother only dated James Bentley for 1 yr six yrs ago. That is not the same child you are talking about. Please Trena Gage's heart is broken and it will never be fully healed ever again. She did not give her child to
Roger Bentley. He was not repeatedly molesting her and you do not know that. Trena and her mother need all the prayers that can get so they can draw their strength.

THIS IS THE SAME CHILD..... Roger Paul Bentley who was a family "friend" and the one who just raped/killed Jetseta Gage.... previously convicted of a sex crime on a 7 year old in 1994 NOW... Roger's brother James Bentley (the one Trena dated, and the way she met Roger) is currently awaiting his trial on May 31st... for the sexual abuse that he was committing on Jetseta for OVER 2 1/2 years !!!!!!!!!!! I am going to go find the links to post to this in one minute, so you can read the accurate information for yourself.

Not blaming the family, but you'd think the mother and grandmother wouldn't want to have any kind of relationship with the Bentleys after the one brother molesting Jetseta. It does strike me kind of odd that they remained friends.

I am still looking for more, but here is one of the links to one of the articles talking about James Bentley also being involved in sexual assaults on children and awaiting trial for the 2 1/2 year sexual abuse, I am still looking for the one where it directly stated, TRENA GAGE (Jetseta's Mom was the one who pressed charges and had James Bentley sent to jail for molesting Jetseta........
will post that one soon...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,151597,00.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay