IA - Jetseta Gage, 10, abducted & murdered, Cedar Rapids, 24 March 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
KatzHome said:
I would back this law 100% ~ and include perps who molest anyone ~ not just children ~ * ~ 20 years in prison--10 months after his release ~ and that creep who was imprisoned for "life" with parole for rape & "attempted" ~ found himself another victim ~ Dru ~ only this time the murder wasn't only an "attempt."
That's so true. Unfortunately, if a law becomes too broad, it's often dead before it really goes anywhere. I wonder how we could incorporate something like that and have it turn out successfully.

KatzHome said:
Life Without ANY Possibility of Parole after kidnapping and molesting, before they have a chance to murder.
You're much more forgiving than me ... I'm ready to throw away the key after molesting, nevermind kidnapping! lol! I don't know what the statistics are on this but it seems to me that once kidnapping is involved, the perp is already exceptionally dangerous and the victim has a very small chance of surviving the kidnapping. That's why I'd like to see it stopped before kidnapping ever becomes an issue.

Okay, Okay, I know now , I am going to take some heat for this comment... but come on , you have to admit it is true.... WHY WHY WHY would ANY mother EVER EVER EVER allow her son/daughter to go anywhere alone with any man ?
here are some quotes from a news article about how James was able to molest Jetseta so easily, as I said before her MOTHER gave her to him...

"According to court records, Jetseta spent two weekends with James at his Vinton home. ""During those weekends, one in October and another in November of 2004, James allegedly performed sexual acts with Jetseta."

WTF ?? was her mother thinking ??? even without knowing someone is/was a sexual predator, why would you even take that chance ? I am (being a victim before) even leery about leaving my own children alone with their own dad, grandfather etc... when I have no known cause for alarm.
Why would you allow someone who was not a family member to have free reign with them... ??? Poor Jetseta suffered horrible consequences for having a stupid mother.
You know what is scary, since both brothers are accused of this before Jetseta , they were probably both having their way with her, on those weekends she was allowed to go with James, maybe even their dad was involved, like father like son, usually in the genes. Poor girl....
And WHY hasn't Roger been charged with murder yet ? only kidnapping and sexual assault ?
And there are a few other kids missing for a while in or near cedar rapids , I wonder if the Bentley family knows anything about those girls ? :twocents:

Can someone make sure I understand this?

Jetseta's brother saw Roger drive off with his sister, and no one immediately called the police.
James, the perp's brother is awaiting trial for molesting Jetseta.
Roger, the perp, is the brother of the person accused of molesting Jetseta, and is a registered sex offender himself.
The family allowed Roger to come anywhere near Jetseta, even though his brother is an accused child molester, of their own child.

Roger, the perp, is only charged with "Child Stealing", not kidnapping or murder or molestation or any of a half dozen other charges he should be charged with.

Do I have this straight? Because it is very scary.

BldWhtRose said:
Okay, Okay, I know now , I am going to take some heat for this comment... but come on , you have to admit it is true.... WHY WHY WHY would ANY mother EVER EVER EVER allow her son/daughter to go anywhere alone with any man ?
here are some quotes from a news article about how James was able to molest Jetseta so easily, as I said before her MOTHER gave her to him...

"According to court records, Jetseta spent two weekends with James at his Vinton home. ""During those weekends, one in October and another in November of 2004, James allegedly performed sexual acts with Jetseta."

WTF ?? was her mother thinking ??? even without knowing someone is/was a sexual predator, why would you even take that chance ? I am (being a victim before) even leery about leaving my own children alone with their own dad, grandfather etc... when I have no known cause for alarm.
Why would you allow someone who was not a family member to have free reign with them... ??? Poor Jetseta suffered horrible consequences for having a stupid mother.
You know what is scary, since both brothers are accused of this before Jetseta , they were probably both having their way with her, on those weekends she was allowed to go with James, maybe even their dad was involved, like father like son, usually in the genes. Poor girl....
And WHY hasn't Roger been charged with murder yet ? only kidnapping and sexual assault ?
And there are a few other kids missing for a while in or near cedar rapids , I wonder if the Bentley family knows anything about those girls ? :twocents:

I agree,although I feel sorry for Trena,she should get asshat mother of the year award,I just hope the brother doesn't suffer the same fate because he has a asshat for a mother.

IMO, Jetseta's mom, being a single mother, might have simply been too trusting. She met a guy that she liked, dated him for a year (from what we've heard), and maybe saw him as a future husband. In that case, he would have become a step-father to her children. I don't know if he showed any signs of being a molester but she probably had no idea, and enjoyed their relationship as many of us probably would if we were to meet someone that 'seemed' like a decent guy. If she felt like she loved him enough to marry him, why would she think that there was anything wrong with allowing her children to spend time with him?

After he was found to be molesting Jetseta, perhaps his brother (whom she might have become close to during the course of her relationship with James) gave her a shoulder to cry on; pretended to be disgusted at what his brother had done; helped her file court papers; and so on. So she felt like she could trust him. This is all speculation, of course, but I can see how it happens. Many of us have the feeling that bad stuff or weird stuff only happens to other people. Sex offenders / murderers / kidnappers are people we see on the news. We don't suspect that the person sitting next to us is capable of doing the horrendous things we hear on television. What do we often hear when neighbors are questioned after someone's arrest ... "I'm really shocked ... he seemed like a really nice guy".

Jetseta's mom learned the hard way. She'll never forgive herself. But it is possible that she was just naive.

I've made some mistakes in my life with men, but I have ALWAYS been protective of my children. Trena Gage is irresponsible in the very least and negligent in her behavior. All I can say is I hope that this awful, evil incident teaches her a lesson and wakes her the hell up.:loser:

Tinkerbell said:
I've made some mistakes in my life with men, but I have ALWAYS been protective of my children. Trena Gage is irresponsible in the very least and negligent in her behavior. All I can say is I hope that this awful, evil incident teaches her a lesson and wakes her the hell up.:loser:
We've all made our mistakes but we are also all different. I'm sure that the abduction & murder of her child has taught her many lessons. No one, not even the most irresponsible parent, deserves so severe a lesson, IMO. And I think the real "losers" are the monsters that took this child's innocence and her life, not this mother who can never ever get her child back no matter how much she wishes she would have made different choices.

It's time for these women who put their children at risk and treat their parental repsponsibilities so cavalierly to take some responsibility for the consequences.

I've read several articles over the past few days about Jetseta's mother and her home life and this woman is irresponsible IMO.

If that offends anyone I'm sorry, but that's the way I feel.

Celestrill ~ thank you for the link to that summary - what a piece of work those people are :mad:

Over the years, Roger and James Bentley both earned reputations for hopping from job to job, having difficulty paying their rent, alarming social workers, and bumping into trouble with the law.

Now both are accused of harming Jetseta Gage, a 10-year-old Cedar Rapids girl.

James was jailed four months ago on charges he molested Jetseta. Last week, Roger, a previously convicted sex offender, was charged with kidnapping and killing her.

At some point in the mid-1990s, Jetseta Gage's mother, Trena, and James Bentley connected while talking on CB radios. After Trena's son, Ian, was born in July 1997, she suspected James, who lived in Quasqueton, was the father. A court-ordered paternity test proved he was not.

A few months later, James Bentley was arrested for molesting 10-year-old Jetseta Gage over a two-year period at her Cedar Rapids home, and during two weekends last fall at his Vinton apartment

http://www.dmregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050402/NEWS01/504020358/1001/archive

Good article into the minds of these sick individuals. Real stand up guys, don't you think? :sick:

those bentley bros sound like a bunch of total losers. I don't understand why this mother allowed this man around her child. she should almost face endagerment charges for not protecting a innocent child that was her own flesh and blood. our prayers go out, to all that will truely miss her.

I was totally shocked! Mom kept saying she didn't know Roger was a convicted sex offender. She never said anything about Roger's brother being convicted of molesting Jetseta. That poor baby. You would have thought that Mom would have thought to check out sex offenders, after she had run into the first one.

Wow what a timeline. These people are sick and I am sorry but I don't have a whole lot of respect for that mother at all. It is her job to protect her children they did not ask to be born she "chose" to have them so F#$%ing take care of them.

I just want to scream when things like this happen. This mother new of these brothers histrory yet she chose to keep themin her life and her childrens life...VERY SELFISH if you ask me. I am sorry but you need to have a licesnse to fish, drive a car, all sorts of things but ANYONE and I mean ANYONe can have a child. This poor poor little girl how sad she had to be born into this and dies so horribly. Our children need protecting.

Celestrill II said:
It's much, much worse than that.

See the timeline of events for Trena Gage and the Bentley brothers:

http://www.misfitting.com/archives/cat_crime.html#000823
I'm a regular reader at Loretta's site Celestrill. That timeline is appalling. Parents have to be very careful about who they expose their children to. It's called priorities. For parents, children should be top of the list.

mysteriew said:
I was totally shocked! Mom kept saying she didn't know Roger was a convicted sex offender. She never said anything about Roger's brother being convicted of molesting Jetseta. That poor baby. You would have thought that Mom would have thought to check out sex offenders, after she had run into the first one.

Boy, that article sure put a lot of questions in my mind. I remember my mom saying "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all" so that is what I will do!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back