IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Anchorwoman, Mason City, 27 June 1995 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Then there's always the possibility that if JV isn't the perp LE's fixation on him may have resulted in failure to pin down actual perp. See Jacob Wetterling case.
Wetterling neighbor says police treated him unjustly
And if JV did do it, how in the heck could they have failed to nail him for it or at least get him charged? They interviewed him more than once, he actually showed up at the crime scene talking, they gave him a polygraph, they had access to his apt and vehicles, he freely met with victim's family, he freely went before the cameras and blabbed. All that blabbing and somehow they couldn't trip him up, break him down?! JV doesn't strike me as the master-mind criminal genius type able to pull that off.

It seems to me likely that someone spent the night at Jodi's that night and they had a few beers, etc. Might explain why Jodi was running late that morn. And that someone as far as we know hasn't fessed up to that. Why wouldn't they fess up? And if that person was driving the late model sedan that was witnessed racing out of the lot at 4:35am that morn, nearly striking a jogger, why were they seemingly in such a great big hurry? That probably wasn't JV. Who was it? Who might that have been? Who was in Jodi's life at that time that she might have been sufficiently comfortable with to spend the night with?

Last edited:
And if JV did do it, how in the heck could they have failed to nail him for it or at least get him charged? They interviewed him more than once, he actually showed up at the crime scene talking, they gave him a polygraph, they had access to his apt and vehicles, he freely met with victim's family, he freely went before the cameras and blabbed. All that blabbing and somehow they couldn't trip him up, break him down?! JV doesn't strike me as the master-mind criminal genius type able to pull that off.

It seems to me likely that someone spent the night at Jodi's that night and they had a few beers, etc. Might explain why Jodi was running late that morn. And that someone as far as we know hasn't fessed up to that. Why wouldn't they fess up? And if that person was driving the late model sedan that was witnessed racing out of the lot at 4:35am that morn, nearly striking a jogger, why were they seemingly in such a great big hurry? That probably wasn't JV. Who was it? Who might that have been? Who was in Jodi's life at that time that she might have been sufficiently comfortable with to spend the night with?
If JV passed 2 polygraphs & that palm print wasn’t his, and no incriminating evidence elsewhere, maybe it’s not JV after all. Perhaps LE pursued him all these years because his affair (with LW’s friend) pissed off the wrong important person. After that they never backed off out of embarrassment to the department?

If there was a person in JH’s apartment, perhaps they were still there when Jodi left, heard a commotion, struggled to get dressed & out the door, saw Jodi being dragged away & sped off after that very abduction vehicle? Never came forward because he’s married.

There are just so many plausible scenarios. I think we’d get a whole lot of answers if we just knew who JV’s girlfriend was & what she knows. Jmo

If JV passed 2 polygraphs & that palm print wasn’t his, and no incriminating evidence elsewhere, maybe it’s not JV after all. Perhaps LE pursued him all these years because his affair (with LW’s friend) pissed off the wrong important person. After that they never backed off out of embarrassment to the department?

If there was a person in JH’s apartment, perhaps they were still there when Jodi left, heard a commotion, struggled to get dressed & out the door, saw Jodi being dragged away & sped off after that very abduction vehicle? Never came forward because he’s married.

There are just so many plausible scenarios. I think we’d get a whole lot of answers if we just knew who JV’s girlfriend was & what she knows. Jmo
Kinda weird how the existence of this supposed girlfriend of JV's never got a mention in Dead Air, Beth Bednar's book on this case. Or anywhere else.

Meanwhile, another week goes by as Steve Ridge's latest - the assertion that someone destroyed evidence in the case back in '95, evidence that could potentially have led to resolution of the case - heads toward the memory hole. And Ridge's contention that "due to some circumstances that I can't disclose yet, [JV] was not able to see [his girlfriend at the time] in public" seems also to be headed for the memory hole, unexplained...

Last edited:
Kinda weird how the existence of this supposed girlfriend of JV's never got a mention in Dead Air, Beth Bednar's book on this case. Or anywhere else.

Meanwhile, another week goes by as Steve Ridge's latest - the assertion that someone destroyed evidence in the case back in '95, evidence that could potentially have led to resolution of the case - heads toward the memory hole. And Ridge's contention that "due to some circumstances that I can't disclose yet, [JV] was not able to see [his girlfriend at the time] in public" seems also to be headed for the memory hole, unexplained...
That memory hole is exhausting. Ita about JV’s gf not mentioned in the BB book. Seems she would have discovered that. Jmo

well, this case has been cold for 25 years- we have seen cases that took 40 years to solve: maybe there will be a death bed confession, who knows- all these possibilities and all this speculation----drives some us nuts!!!

I heard a rumor the other day that the person that may have destroyed evidence back in 95 worked at KIMT. Again just a rumor at this point.

I heard a rumor the other day that the person that may have destroyed evidence back in 95 worked at KIMT. Again just a rumor at this point.
Boy do I hope that’s not true- because what an inexcusable betrayal that would be to have your colleague undermine justice. But boy do I hope it is true- just to get closure for her sister & friends. So what would a co-worker who works in news destroy? The notebooks? Something in her desk drawers? Or could this person have also been the friend of LW, gf of JV? How tangled was that circle of people? ALL CONJECTURE BASED ON NOTHING...

Boy do I hope that’s not true- because what an inexcusable betrayal that would be to have your colleague undermine justice. But boy do I hope it is true- just to get closure for her sister & friends. So what would a co-worker who works in news destroy? The notebooks? Something in her desk drawers? Or could this person have also been the friend of LW, gf of JV? How tangled was that circle of people? ALL CONJECTURE BASED ON NOTHING...

wonder if somebody she worked with was jealous of her--- you never know!!

JH had to have info on DH and AJ. The reason I say this is because, I seen JH in Hyvee East grocery store late May early June of 95. She looked terrified when she saw me. I didn't think much of it at the time. Until I recently saw a pic of DH. Back then I somewhat resembled him. So to me the threat had already been expressed to JH! AJ saying her and DH would have talked to receive a lighter sentence is BS. RV retiring 2 weeks after DH execution? This isn't wrapped up like they want you to think. The dealers were high school friends from Britt Iowa! No mention of that anywhere that I know of. Wipe your memory of TJ or other tunnel vision misdirection. We have a serial killer out there circumstantially tied to Iowa Cold Cases. Can someone in Britt Iowa come forward with the info to convict this killer?

I have questions for Britt Iowa. Was DH such a wiz kid to come up with a 97% pure way of making meth? Remember our government couldn't match it in their lab I read somewhere. But 97% pure meth is coming in from Mexico now? Had it come in from Mexico to begin with? Maybe JV was the distributor and isolated from DH and AJ? AR from Britt resembles JV so much could be father/son. To me AR did the recruiting of the dealers for JV. Everywhere AR lives or is nearby a unsolved murder happens. Was AR and BE friends before the Jackie Folkerts murder? Because she could identify the man bragging about JH. What are the odds of AR being TD's roommate at a time where TD can implicate others in the meth ring? I've taken my inquiries to the PD which dead ended rather quickly. AR is the man we are looking for in the meth ring and murders of so many involved in this. Just need Britt Iowa and law enforcement to do their part.

Another thing that bothers me is SR being the sole fact finding person in this mystery. #1 He was JH's agent #2 The only person able to interview JV #3 Has evidence (boat video) in his possession #4 Becomes an Iowa-licensed private investigator. What kind of person gets to have that much influence in a murder investigation? 25 yrs have gone by. Start talking about what you know, not what the news tells you to think!

I think all of these cases are related
Christopher Axiotis

Brian Richard Blachut

Case Summaries...obbi-crawford/

Gerald E. Best | Iowa Cold Cases

Case Summaries...han-kazmerzak/

Case Summaries...i-huisentruit/

https://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/billy-pruin/

Maybe some on this list of Britt Graduates can come forward with info on the meth ring. Looks like it was a recruiting site. AR seems to brag to the ones he is about to kill. Come forward with your info and get this off the streets and these families closure!
Britt Graduates

JH had to have info on DH and AJ. The reason I say this is because, I seen JH in Hyvee East grocery store late May early June of 95. She looked terrified when she saw me. I didn't think much of it at the time. Until I recently saw a pic of DH. Back then I somewhat resembled him. So to me the threat had already been expressed to JH! AJ saying her and DH would have talked to receive a lighter sentence is BS. RV retiring 2 weeks after DH execution? This isn't wrapped up like they want you to think. The dealers were high school friends from Britt Iowa! No mention of that anywhere that I know of. Wipe your memory of TJ or other tunnel vision misdirection. We have a serial killer out there circumstantially tied to Iowa Cold Cases. Can someone in Britt Iowa come forward with the info to convict this killer?

I have questions for Britt Iowa. Was DH such a wiz kid to come up with a 97% pure way of making meth? Remember our government couldn't match it in their lab I read somewhere. But 97% pure meth is coming in from Mexico now? Had it come in from Mexico to begin with? Maybe JV was the distributor and isolated from DH and AJ? AR from Britt resembles JV so much could be father/son. To me AR did the recruiting of the dealers for JV. Everywhere AR lives or is nearby a unsolved murder happens. Was AR and BE friends before the Jackie Folkerts murder? Because she could identify the man bragging about JH. What are the odds of AR being TD's roommate at a time where TD can implicate others in the meth ring? I've taken my inquiries to the PD which dead ended rather quickly. AR is the man we are looking for in the meth ring and murders of so many involved in this. Just need Britt Iowa and law enforcement to do their part.

Another thing that bothers me is SR being the sole fact finding person in this mystery. #1 He was JH's agent #2 The only person able to interview JV #3 Has evidence (boat video) in his possession #4 Becomes an Iowa-licensed private investigator. What kind of person gets to have that much influence in a murder investigation? 25 yrs have gone by. Start talking about what you know, not what the news tells you to think!

Christopher Axiotis

Brian Richard Blachut

William "Billy" Pruin

Maybe some on this list of Britt Graduates can come forward with info on the meth ring. Looks like it was a recruiting site. AR seems to brag to the ones he is about to kill. Come forward with your info and get this *** off the streets and these families closure!
Britt Graduates
Welcome to Ws AtlantaSanta, thanks for the food for thought, quite a feast really!

Christopher Axiotis

Brian Richard Blachut

William "Billy" Pruin

Maybe some on this list of Britt Graduates can come forward with info on the meth ring. Looks like it was a recruiting site. AR seems to brag to the ones he is about to kill. Come forward with your info and get this *** off the streets and these families closure!
Britt Graduates

Good to have you join us.
Lots of info to go over in your post. I’m not familiar with all the initials and info you posted, but when I have time I’ll do my best to sort it all out.

More to follow. Sorry about the initials but the right people know who they are. Its easy to figure out if you followed the Honken/Johnson cases.
I’ve been following this case for years and years. Most of us on this thread are very familiar with DH and AJ. However, when a case is 25 years old and you follow other cases it’s hard to keep up with remembering initials off the top of your head.
Have you read the book, “Dead Air”?

No offense haven't read the book. I've relied on my own experience with these cases because misdirection is being used. This is bigger than we know. Its my belief it involves the members of the Mason City Country Club. Speculation but the more conversation we have will sort itself out.

Christopher Axiotis

Brian Richard Blachut

William "Billy" Pruin

Britt Graduates

DH was one of the Midwest’s early, large-scale producers of nearly pure methamphetamine. He started his operation in Arizona and brought the product to Iowa.

The dealers from Britt.....
He was convicted in the execution-style slayings of two former dealers turned informants, GN and TG.

He also was found guilty of killing GN’s girlfriend, LD, and her two daughters, Kandi, 10, and Amber, 6.

Dustin Lee Honken | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

No offense haven't read the book. I've relied on my own experience with these cases because misdirection is being used. This is bigger than we know. Its my belief it involves the members of the Mason City Country Club. Speculation but the more conversation we have will sort itself out.

There's great info in that book and in these threads.
I agree, there is more to this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robinhood0602
Back