IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Anchorwoman, Mason City, 27 June 1995 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok I'll take you back to my beginning in this. What are the scenarios of Jodi seeing me in Hyvee east store late May or June? She looked terrified! For those that don't know I resembled Dustin Honken at the time of Jodi's disappearance. If we go down the meth route could she have thought I was Dustin for a brief time? I think so, but what would that mean? A threat already implied? Was Dustin implicated in the murders as of June 95?

The more I looked into Dustin and Angela, AR kept popping up. First he is from Britt Iowa like Dustin. Second October 27, 1993 AR is called to be a witness in a Grand Jury for Honken 's drug trial. Third AR leaks testimony to Terry Degeus who then tells Angela? That is wrong to do that when it gets back to both under investigation? Fourth meanwhile AR is living with Degeus for 3 months. Right after Nicholson's death to the night of Degeus death? Almost as if he was watching over Terry. Once Terry couldn't be trusted to remain quiet they killed him?
https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/USCOURTS-ca8-06-01001/pdf/USCOURTS-ca8-06-01001-0.pdf

AR lived in Grafton Iowa where at the same address a meth distribution site was busted. However AR didn't go to jail. It sounds like someone is working with LE. A partnership that neither side can break away of? It was rumored that drug dealers were shook down in Mason City. Could policing for profit be a factor in this?

Catchin’ up... Glad Jodi’s thread is still active. Twenty-six years this June. If it takes another 26 years to solve I’ll be in my eighties. I think this is the longest I’ve ever followed any case from the very beginning. Really hope to see an arrest one day.

FWIW, I’ve always thought the drug angle a possibility. Then again, after all these years, any theory is a great theory- just to keep interest alive. This case should certainly be at the top of the DCI Cold Case list!

Most likely not connected, but wanted to share. The Winnebago river runs behind the Key Apartments where Jodi lived on Kentucky Ave. The bones and clothing found yesterday on the shores of the Winnebago River near Illinois Ave is close by.
Authorities: Possible human bones found along Winnebago River in Mason City
Interesting, perhaps unlikely but you never know!
JUST IN: Possible human bones found in river near Key Apartments • Find Jodi Huisentruit

March 12, 2021
''FindJodi, Inc. has just learned of possible human bones discovered on the shore of the Winnebago River near the Key Apartments.

Mason City Police Department has just released this update:

“On Thursday, March 11th a citizen located clothing and what they believed to be human bones in the shore of the Winnebago River near North Illinois Avenue in Mason City. Officers responded to the scene and collected the bones and clothing found by the citizen and continued to search the area, finding additional bones. The clothing and bones were transported to the Iowa Office of the State Medical Examiner in Ankeny, Iowa for examination.”

Read the media release here.

There is no indication that this is related to the Jodi Huisentruit investigation.

Last summer, the remains of a kayaker missing since 2019 were found in the same area.

Please check back to this post for ongoing updates.

Image via KIMT-TV

Anyone with information on Jodi’s case can reach out to the Mason City Police Department at (641) 421-3636. Information can also be provided to the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigations at (515) 725-6010 or dciinfo@dps.state.ia.us.

You can anonymously contact the FindJodi team here.''

Most likely not connected, but wanted to share. The Winnebago river runs behind the Key Apartments where Jodi lived on Kentucky Ave. The bones and clothing found yesterday on the shores of the Winnebago River near Illinois Ave is close by.
Authorities: Possible human bones found along Winnebago River in Mason City
The Key Apts are off the Kentucky Ave. bridge over the Winnebago. Next bridge downstream is Illinois Ave, which is around 2/3 of a miles down river. So the remains are in the correct direction - downstream - to potentially be remains of Jodi, FWIW. And the river was high at the time of Jodi's disappearance - you may recall seeing video of searchers in boats in strong currents searching for Jodi in 1995. But it would be astonishing for her remains to have been so close by and in such shallow water (the Winnebago is a smallish river, can be several feet deep in Spring, peters down to like a foot deep in dry spells) undiscovered, for all those years. Searchers undoubtedly numerous times went right past the spot where these remains were found. But then, consider the nearby case of Ethan Kazmerzak - he was dead in his car in a pond in 12 feet of water, and searchers scanned the entire pond more than once, and completely whiffed (a competent private party last year searched the pond and found the car/remains within minutes). If they could whiff there, they could easily have whiffed in the Winnebago.

What do y'all think, if the remains prove to be Jodi's, would an arrest follow?

Last edited:
The Key Apts are off the Kentucky Ave. bridge over the Winnebago. Next bridge downstream is Illinois Ave, which is around 2/3 of a miles down river. So the remains are in the correct direction - downstream - to potentially be remains of Jodi, FWIW. And the river was high at the time of Jodi's disappearance - you may recall seeing video of searchers in boats in strong currents searching for Jodi in 1995. But it would be astonishing for her remains to have been so close by and in such shallow water (the Winnebago is a smallish river, can be several feet deep in Spring, peters down to like a foot deep in dry spells) undiscovered, for all those years.

What do y'all think, if the remains prove to be Jodi's, would an arrest follow?
I can't believe anything identifiable as clothing would still be present, so I think there's very little chance that the bones are Jodi's.
I also don' t know who they'd arrest. The police have focused on Vansice, but I think that Tony Dejuan Jackson is a far better suspect.

I can't believe anything identifiable as clothing would still be present, so I think there's very little chance that the bones are Jodi's.
I also don' t know who they'd arrest. The police have focused on Vansice, but I think that Tony Dejuan Jackson is a far better suspect.
Hey Ozoner. Just yesterday, I was clearly my property along lakeshore, and pulled a rusted old baby buggy out of the muck right at the waterfront. Completely wet, mucky spot. I've been on the property 40+ years and am certain it has been there for at least 25 years. Along with the decaying metal came the old fabric canopy, still completely intact. I'd say if the remains found along the Winnebago were in the riverbed, the fabric would be gone due to flow for 25 years, but if lodged/buried in silt along bank, could definitely still be there. Muck can kind of preserve things (think bog people). But water itself is a powerful solvent, especially flowing water.

As to Jackson, it seems cops concluded he is not the perp. Details not provided, but I have a hunch records must have strongly suggested that he was elsewhere when Jodi was assaulted. Otherwise they'd have tried to nail him. But who knows.

Hey Ozoner. Just yesterday, I was clearly my property along lakeshore, and pulled a rusted old baby buggy out of the muck right at the waterfront. Completely wet, mucky spot. I've been on the property 40+ years and am certain it has been there for at least 25 years. Along with the decaying metal came the old fabric canopy, still completely intact. I'd say if the remains found along the Winnebago were in the riverbed, the fabric would be gone due to flow for 25 years, but if lodged/buried in silt along bank, could definitely still be there. Muck can kind of preserve things (think bog people). But water itself is a powerful solvent, especially flowing water.

As to Jackson, it seems cops concluded he is not the perp. Details not provided, but I have a hunch records must have strongly suggested that he was elsewhere when Jodi was assaulted. Otherwise they'd have tried to nail him. But who knows.
You may be right about the fabric if it was buried in the muck. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

When they found the kayaker last year, did they find all of the remains? I'm wondering whether these could be more remains from the same person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler
Back