IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Anchorwoman, Mason City, 27 June 1995 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Proximity of Key Apts. to site of recovery (correction: 3/11/21, not 3/12/21) of remains:
n-illinois-ave-google-maps-png.288555

Officials at site of recovery of remains:
site-png.288557

Attachments

• N-Illinois-Ave-Google-Maps.png
    N-Illinois-Ave-Google-Maps.png
    827.6 KB · Views: 822
  • site.png
    site.png
    822.3 KB · Views: 817
Last edited:
You may be right about the fabric if it was buried in the muck. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

When they found the kayaker last year, did they find all of the remains? I'm wondering whether these could be more remains from the same person.
Yeah, looks like the remains recovered Thursday may be those of a Jane Schreur, a local who'd gone missing in 2019 and whose jawbone was found in the Winnebago by kayakers near the Illinois Ave bridge in 2020, as per link below:

Human remains found in Mason City identified as missing woman Jane Schreur

Last edited:
Reading through old Honken articles I discovered two threats to those that cross him. "Dustin had told him that if he needed to, he could have Greg or anybody else taken out for 50 bucks," said Olson and
Cobeen testified that Honken told him he wanted to kill a couple drug officers in Mason City and he could have others killed, too. "He told me 'If you get on my bad side I can have someone knock on your door and 'boom, blow you away,'" Cobeen said.

Honken talked of ways to get rid of witnesses, friend testifies

Dustin Honken execution: The trail of crime that put Iowan on death row

I read that to mean he knows of people or person that will kill for him. It doesn't sound like he would take care of it himself. I believe AR took care of the loose ends that would incriminate the drug ring.

Reading through old Honken articles I discovered two threats to those that cross him. "Dustin had told him that if he needed to, he could have Greg or anybody else taken out for 50 bucks," said Olson and
Cobeen testified that Honken told him he wanted to kill a couple drug officers in Mason City and he could have others killed, too. "He told me 'If you get on my bad side I can have someone knock on your door and 'boom, blow you away,'" Cobeen said.

Honken talked of ways to get rid of witnesses, friend testifies

Dustin Honken execution: The trail of crime that put Iowan on death row

I read that to mean he knows of people or person that will kill for him. It doesn't sound like he would take care of it himself. I believe AR took care of the loose ends that would incriminate the drug ring.

Here is another talking about a guardian.

Informant: Honken talked of making victim disappear

I saw the JH case on UM some time ago. This is one of those especially creepy cases where they haven't found any trace of the body & where it's almost certain that the person is deceased.

As has been discussed, it sounds like she was abducted/kidnapped out of the apartment complex parking lot as she was either on the way to her car, or at her car. This is due to the obvious signs of a struggle & neighbors hearing screams ATT she would have been going to work. Maybe it was someone she knew who had been stalking/hassling her, or maybe it was a perfect stranger who had some kind of fixation on her?! Unfortunately, it's not surprising that it's been 26 years & they still don't know what exactly happened here.

Coming up on yet another anniversary with no answers. Do we think LE will reseal the search warrant info from JV again this year? I can see y’all nodding yes & I agree, but don’t like it one little bit.

UPDATE: Iowa cold case bill passed the Senate. As fabulous as that is, they only approved funding for 2 agents.
The bill will create a dedicated cold case unit under the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation. It would consist of two special agents to pursue past killings regardless of when they occurred.”
Iowa Cold Cases

Financial chart shows budget increase for 2023 & 2024. Really hoping they’re not that slow to get this action cranked up & going.
https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/publications/FN/1216610.pdf

Apparently there are many unsolved cases- some counties have dozens of cold cases. Some go back to 1908. So… not gaining much confidence this will help Jodi. Will be THRILLED if I’m wrong.
Iowa cold case bill gets full Iowa Senate support

Under the bill, the cold case investigation unit shall, within the capabilities of the unit, conduct criminal investigations after an initial criminal investigation has been completed by the law enforcement agency conducting the initial criminal investigation.

Iowa Legislature - BillBook

Has the MCPD completed their investigation? If not would they let someone else take over?

May 20 2021
Podcast 016: The White Van • Find Jodi Huisentruit

Case File, FindJodi Podcast, The Crime 19
Podcast 016: The White Van

''We’re still very interested in any tip about Jodi’s case involving a white van.
As with so much of Jodi’s case, the white van could be everything.
Or it could be yet another dead end.

Anyone with information about Jodi’s case can reach out to the Mason City Police Department at (641) 421-3636. Information can also be provided to the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigations at (515) 725-6010 or dciinfo@dps.state.ia.us.''

May 20 2021
Podcast 016: The White Van • Find Jodi Huisentruit

Case File, FindJodi Podcast, The Crime 19
Podcast 016: The White Van

''We’re still very interested in any tip about Jodi’s case involving a white van.
As with so much of Jodi’s case, the white van could be everything.
Or it could be yet another dead end.

Anyone with information about Jodi’s case can reach out to the Mason City Police Department at (641) 421-3636. Information can also be provided to the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigations at (515) 725-6010 or dciinfo@dps.state.ia.us.''
Thx for the link. Scott Fuller does nice work. Had he been on the case in '95, I'd bet the case would have been solved. Me, I think there is a good probability that the van that both Connie and Randy saw was likely the same van and was likely used in the abduction of Jodi Huisentruit. I wonder if cops at the time went through DMV records of all vans registered in the county, even in Iowa. And what about the 'drag marks' leading away from the Miata - did they head away from the Miata in the direction of the van and toward Kentucky Ave., or in some other direction?

Another think I wonder about relates to the man from Osage, Iowa who sold Jodi the Miata 3 weeks before she disappeared. He was rumored, in posts on findjodi.com, to have been seen publicly with Jodi, and to have been dating her. Yet, he is on record as saying the only time he ever saw Jodi was when he handed her the keys. Why the discrepancy? Who is lying?

JH had to have info on DH and AJ. The reason I say this is because, I seen JH in Hyvee East grocery store late May early June of 95. She looked terrified when she saw me. I didn't think much of it at the time. Until I recently saw a pic of DH. Back then I somewhat resembled him. So to me the threat had already been expressed to JH! AJ saying her and DH would have talked to receive a lighter sentence is BS. RV retiring 2 weeks after DH execution? This isn't wrapped up like they want you to think. The dealers were high school friends from Britt Iowa! No mention of that anywhere that I know of. Wipe your memory of TJ or other tunnel vision misdirection. We have a serial killer out there circumstantially tied to Iowa Cold Cases. Can someone in Britt Iowa come forward with the info to convict this killer?

I have questions for Britt Iowa. Was DH such a wiz kid to come up with a 97% pure way of making meth? Remember our government couldn't match it in their lab I read somewhere. But 97% pure meth is coming in from Mexico now? Had it come in from Mexico to begin with? Maybe JV was the distributor and isolated from DH and AJ? AR from Britt resembles JV so much could be father/son. To me AR did the recruiting of the dealers for JV. Everywhere AR lives or is nearby a unsolved murder happens. Was AR and BE friends before the Jackie Folkerts murder? Because she could identify the man bragging about JH. What are the odds of AR being TD's roommate at a time where TD can implicate others in the meth ring? I've taken my inquiries to the PD which dead ended rather quickly. AR is the man we are looking for in the meth ring and murders of so many involved in this. Just need Britt Iowa and law enforcement to do their part.

Another thing that bothers me is SR being the sole fact finding person in this mystery. #1 He was JH's agent #2 The only person able to interview JV #3 Has evidence (boat video) in his possession #4 Becomes an Iowa-licensed private investigator. What kind of person gets to have that much influence in a murder investigation? 25 yrs have gone by. Start talking about what you know, not what the news tells you to think!

I think all of these cases are related
https://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/chris-axiotis/
Brian Richard Blachut

Case Summaries...obbi-crawford/

Gerald E. Best | Iowa Cold Cases

Case Summaries...han-kazmerzak/

Case Summaries...i-huisentruit/

William "Billy" Pruin

Maybe some on this list of Britt Graduates can come forward with info on the meth ring. Looks like it was a recruiting site. AR seems to brag to the ones he is about to kill. Come forward with your info and get this *** off the streets and these families closure!
Britt Graduates

26 years after Jodi Huisentruit's disappearance, FindJodi team works to bring awareness

Sunday marked 26 years since the disappearance of Jodi Huisentruit, the morning news anchor at KIMT-TV in Mason City.

...snipped by me

People in Mason City and across the globe were asked to leave a light on or light a candle on the anniversary of her disappearance.

It’s part of an effort by the FindJodi team to help remind people Huisentruit is still missing.

People can also use #LightsForJodi and #FindJodi in any social media posts to raise awareness online.

The FindJodi team is also revealing a new billboard in Mason City.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robinhood0602
Back