IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Anchorwoman, Mason City, 27 June 1995 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who knows? I wouldn't put it past them at all - sadly whistle-blowers at every level (right from local PDs - e.g. Ohl, up to the highest levels of government - e.g. Snowden) are treated terribly by a country that is supposed to be the example of a vanguard for "free speech", "free press" and a "fair trial".

But there is no doubt that police corruption exists - and who knows just how rampant it is? I have only recently found out about the case of Jessica Boynton which has been dubbed "Who shot the officer's wife" by the media (Behind the closet door: Crime Watch Daily investigates the Jessica Boynton case - one of the many articles and The Officer's Wife podcast | What really happened in the Jessica Boynton shooting - YouTube - a podcast series on the case). The cover-up is so bad and permeates so much of the PD that there is a change.org campaign to get the FBI involved (Sign the Petition).
Both Jessica & Jodi’s cases were handled by small-town popo. Good-ol’-boy networks where every officer goes to the same church/work/Lion’s Club/golf course/supermarket/auto shop/family gathering/fire station breakfast/county fair/etc/etc/etc as everyone else. As do their kids and their parents. The pressure to not make waves is high. Crimes like these in tiny towns should always be handled by an outside team. JMOVHO

Haha- I think I tossed an extra “o” in there. Supposed to be “just my very humble opinion”. From WS lingo.
Websleuths Lingo
No wonder I couldn't find it!

Both Jessica & Jodi’s cases were handled by small-town popo. Good-ol’-boy networks where every officer goes to the same church/work/Lion’s Club/golf course/supermarket/auto shop/family gathering/fire station breakfast/county fair/etc/etc/etc as everyone else. As do their kids and their parents. The pressure to not make waves is high. Crimes like these in tiny towns should always be handled by an outside team. JMOVHO

What I don't understand is how those ol'-boys think it's acceptable to allow a violent/murderous person to roam free in their town just because they are one of theirs? Crazy - I can't imagine their rationale.

What I don't understand is how those ol'-boys think it's acceptable to allow a violent/murderous person to roam free in their town just because they are one of theirs? Crazy - I can't imagine their rationale.
Prob the brother/son/cousin of someone with power & intimidation.
JMOwnVHO. :D

I am not saying this has anything at all to do with Jodi Huisentruit's case but wanted to file it here for future reference if needed.

Criminal investigation underway in Cedar Rapids' Cedar Hills neighborhood

On Wednesday, officials from the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Drug Enforcement Agency, the Cedar Rapids Police Department, the Linn County Sheriff's Office and out of state departments were all on the scene of a home in the Cedar Hills Neighborhood along Cherry Hill Road in northwest Cedar Rapids. Neighbors said officials have been focused on an area in the backyard of the home.

I am not saying this has anything at all to do with Jodi Huisentruit's case but wanted to file it here for future reference if needed.

On Wednesday, officials from the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Drug Enforcement Agency, the Cedar Rapids Police Department, the Linn County Sheriff's Office and out of state departments were all on the scene of a home in the Cedar Hills Neighborhood along Cherry Hill Road in northwest Cedar Rapids. Neighbors said officials have been focused on an area in the backyard of the home.

Inquiring minds want to know if anyone connected to JH has connections to a home in northwest Cedar Rapids. It's @ 2:15 minute drive.

You never know! Anything is possible at this point.

Neighbor said:
“They just been digging a lot and bring tarps out and a bunch of containers we saw him sifting through some stuff so I’m not exactly sure what they’re going after," said Payton Pelke.

Officials said there is no ongoing danger to the public. No other information is being released at this time.”

Okay, this is saying it is in regards to missing person James Booher who has been missing since 2014 from Marion, IA. 3 people have been arrested and indicted for his death however he has never been found. One of those arrested, William L. Yancey, had listed this address when asking for a public defender in another case.

FBI digging in Cedar Rapids yard likely connected to James Booher disappearance

I think this is going to be different than other documentaries on this case.
Missing Iowa TV journalist Jodi Huisentruit's family still searching years later, doc reveals: ‘It's horrible'

By Payne Lindsey: “I hope that audiences can really have a better understanding of what it might be like for a family to endure one of their loved ones going missing,” he shared. “I think that this show really does capture that heartbreak and also kind of captures a lot of the holes in the justice system and how things can go wrong, especially in smaller towns where there isn’t as much oversight. And so, I hope the audience can learn from this and if anything, connect the dots somewhere.”

You never know! Anything is possible at this point.

Neighbor said:
“They just been digging a lot and bring tarps out and a bunch of containers we saw him sifting through some stuff so I’m not exactly sure what they’re going after," said Payton Pelke.

Officials said there is no ongoing danger to the public. No other information is being released at this time.”

Okay, this is saying it is in regards to missing person James Booher who has been missing since 2014 from Marion, IA. 3 people have been arrested and indicted for his death however he has never been found. One of those arrested, William L. Yancey, had listed this address when asking for a public defender in another case.

FBI digging in Cedar Rapids yard likely connected to James Booher disappearance

James is one of a handful of missing men who were discussed in relation to Chris Bagley’s disappearance and death, at the order of local drug dealer Andy Shaw.

Not unlike DH.... imvho.

i am watching the progran on Oxygen
I have always felt John Van Sice (sp) is responsible for
her disappearance but after watching this progran, i am
more certain than ever--that video is pretty revealing
as pointed out by the FBI

i am watching the progran on Oxygen
I have always felt John Van Sice (sp) is responsible for
her disappearance but after watching this progran, i am
more certain than ever--that video is pretty revealing
as pointed out by the FBI
What’s it called? Missed it.

Report: John Vansice won’t be returning to Iowa – Frozen Truth

John VanSice apparently has an aggressive form of Alzheimer's according to the detective referred to in this article.
Yes this one came up a bit back- good reminder- thanks for posting again. The part that keeps getting me is the sealed, resealed, re-resealed etc. search warrant for JV’s vehicles. Does he still own those from 25 years ago? Or are they following DMV records to find JH’s blood deep inside the cushions? What could possibly be so top secret in a search warrant to reseal it FOUR times- 25 years after the disappearance? Ideas anyone?

It’s not acceptable and in real life does not happen. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb