IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Anchorwoman, Mason City, 27 June 1995 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Correct, but my point was that locations are incriminating. If, for example, her body was found in a deep section of water then suspicion would immediately fall on JV, since he is the only (?) suspect with a boat. If it was found in the oil wells then AS (and perhaps JV) would appear to be the perpetrator(s).
Very good points..

It’s not acceptable and in real life does not happen. <modsnip>

In that case please provide a case where the police covered up the identity of a rapist or murderer.

Having first joined this site years ago I’ve noticed that in nearly every unsolved case some <modsnip> claim that the police “botched” the case. In the real world some cases are meant to be solved while others aren’t.

Police are human beings and we cannot expect human beings to be perfect.
Besides that, "Policing and corruption are inseparable. Police Corruption: Deviance, Accountability and Reform in Policing by Maurice Punch argues that corruption is not one thing but covers many deviant and criminal practices in policing which also shift over time. It rejects the 'bad apple' metaphor and focuses on 'bad orchards', meaning not individual but institutional failure. For in policing the organisation, work and culture foster can encourage corruption. This raises issues as to why do police break the law and, crucially, 'who controls the controllers'?
Corruption is defined in a broad, multi-facetted way. It concerns abuse of authority and trust; and it takes serious form in conspiracies to break the law and to evade exposure when cops can become criminals. Attention is paid to typologies of corruption"
========================================================================================

By the numbers: US police kill more in days than other countries do in years
The Guardian has built the most comprehensive database of US police killing ever published. Compare our findings to those from the UK, Australia, Iceland and beyond"
By the numbers: US police kill more in days than other countries do in years

=============================================================================================
Audit of Crime Statistics finds mistakes by police
Audit of City Crime Statistics Finds Mistakes by Police
=================================================================================================
Chicago Police Officer Jason Van Dyke
Here's How Chicago Cops Really Covered Up the Murder of Laquan McDonald
========================================================================================================
During the civil rights movement alone there was enough police cover ups involving the murder of black and brown people.

Reactions: RKZ
I completely agree.
The show is quite interesting and is worth watching without fast forward. I agree re JVS, although MCPD's failure to follow up other leads means an indictment of JVS is highly unlikely, and it now even more unlikely due to his recently disclosed diagnosis. All this leads one to believe that MCPD is running out the clock, and this points to their abysmal handling of other leads. The only true consensus from the show is the MCPD has badly handled this case.

Report: John Vansice won’t be returning to Iowa – Frozen Truth

One of the people named on the show had:

a) a documented stalking history involving creepy phone calls and a van dubbed the "shaggin' wagon". NEW: Rapid City official charged with stalking

b) The stalking history noted above rhymes with a documented history of making "nasty and naughty calls" which Jodi reported receiving: Was Jodi being antagonized the day before her disappearance? • Find Jodi Huisentruit

c) held a high ranking position for many years in Mason City, and had the highest ranking full-time position in Mason City's City Government in 2000 and 2001:
https://www.masoncity.net/files/documents/1120PastandPresentOfficials1178040309010220PM.pdf. Check out this list! He's on the list from 1987 - 2004. Looks like he was with the county for sometime too.

JVS still looks like the guy. But to not follow-up on leads regarding a stalker who was the former City Administrator, former public works administrator, City utilities engineer and County Engineer is major malpractice on part of the Mason City Police Department and is a roadblock to indicting anyone.

One of the people named on the show had:

a) a documented stalking history involving creepy phone calls and a van dubbed the "shaggin' wagon". NEW: Rapid City official charged with stalking

b) The stalking history noted above rhymes with a documented history of making "nasty and naughty calls" which Jodi reported receiving: Was Jodi being antagonized the day before her disappearance? • Find Jodi Huisentruit

c) held a high ranking position for many years in Mason City, and had the highest ranking full-time position in Mason City's City Government in 2000 and 2001:
https://www.masoncity.net/files/documents/1120PastandPresentOfficials1178040309010220PM.pdf. Check out this list! He's on the list from 1987 - 2004. Looks like he was with the county for sometime too.

JVS still looks like the guy. But to not follow-up on leads regarding a stalker who was the former City Administrator, former public works administrator, City utilities engineer and County Engineer is major malpractice on part of the Mason City Police Department and is a roadblock to indicting anyone.

I agree with you: did they follow up on this person as a lead in this case? i don't recall if they did or didn't

JH was boating with JV and other friends on Coralville Lake in Iowa the week-end before she went missing. However, JV took his boat out on Clear Lake a lot which is only a few minutes from Mason City.
If she was at that lake with JV the weekend before her abduction, at what point was she there on that new, recently discovered, video? Who was she with at that point in time?

All I've heard is that she was with another lady and they were dancing on the boat. Allegedly, 2 men also on the boat. Very curious about the real time frame on that one.

I haven’t seen it.

According to the TV program aired a few weeks ago, it was a video recorded from a person on the other boat JH and her friend went in when they were on the weekend boating trip w/JV in Coralville the weekend before she disappeared.

I haven’t seen it.

According to the TV program aired a few weeks ago, it was a video recorded from a person on the other boat JH and her friend went in when they were on the weekend boating trip w/JV in Coralville the weekend before she disappeared.
I believe the one you are describing is a different video.

Re visiting this older link.
Nov 5, 2019 By: Mike Bunge rbbm.
Investigator says he's found final video footage of Jodi Huisentruit
''SOLON, Iowa - Cold case investigator Steve Ridge has revealed that popular Mason City, Iowa morning television anchor Jodi Huisentruit boarded a ski boat with two men she did not previously know the weekend before she vanished in June of 1995. It has been widely reported that Huisentruit went skiing at Coralville Lake north of Iowa City, Iowa with the primary person of interest in her disappearance, a man twenty-some years here senior, John Vansice, Vansice’s son and two of Jodi’s friends.

Ridge says that his investigation has discovered that Jodi met two young men with a Master Craft ski boat. Ridge has managed to speak with witnesses who were at the lake that late June day in 1995. Ridge says he’s been told that while Vansice was clearly not enthused that Jodi jumped ship to spend some time with younger men, he did not overreact or cause a scene at the time, as some claim Vansice was prone to do.

Ridge says that once aboard the other boat, Huisentruit and a female friend were observed drinking and eventually singing and dancing on top of the enclosed engine compartment. Ridge says the young women’s performance was actually captured on a video made by the boat owner. That video is believed to be the last one ever made outside of Huisentruit’s workplace before she was abducted three days later. Ridge says this particular boater, whose name he is withholding at this time, made it a practice of trolling for young women along the beach. Ridge says the boater’s normal routine was to invite young women to ski, ply them with liquor and then get them to sing and dance while being videotaped on the deck of the boat.

Ridge says he’s exploring whether one or both of the young men might have visited or attempted to visit Jodi in Mason City the next day, a rainy Sunday, or possibly the Monday night before she was abducted. Ridge believes it is plausible that a confrontation occurred between parties inside Jodi’s apartment the night before she went missing, or in the parking lot, minutes before she was abducted on that Tuesday morning. Ridge says such a confrontation could shed light on both a motive and a proximity to the long mysterious abduction.

Ridge says he is convinced the strongest clues in Huisentruit’s disappearance can be found in the critical days and weeks leading up to her disappearance. “A lot of unfortunate things came together in a relatively short period of time just before Jodi went missing”, Ridge asserted.''

Jodi’s friend Ani Kruse told FindJodi.com that she was the female friend on the boat with Jodi that day and confirmed they were videotaped. She shared this information with Iowa investigators in the early days of the investigation. The police and DCI knew about the video and the person videotaping it within the first few weeks, Ani said. She added, It is not a newly discovered video.

Jodi's last water-skiing trip with friends • Find Jodi Huisentruit

I haven’t seen it.

I believe the one you are describing is a different video.

I believe it is the boating video taken about 3 days before her disappearance. I just read what another Websleuths member posted to clarify this.

I'm confused ;) I posted about the boating video, but you said you thought I was describing a different video. Is there another boating video I'm not aware of?

I'm confused ;) I posted about the boating video, but you said you thought I was describing a different video. Is there another boating video I'm not aware of?
I believe you are absolutely on the right track. We are just misunderstanding each other. Look at the post by Dotr on Friday at 9:56 p.m. By the way, I've read many of your posts. They are very nicely done. I hope you keep posting for a long time.

I believe you are absolutely on the right track. We are just misunderstanding each other. Look at the post by Dotr on Friday at 9:56 p.m. By the way, I've read many of your posts. They are very nicely done. I hope you keep posting for a long time.

Thank you. I enjoy your posts on here as well :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773
Back