IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Anchorwoman, Mason City, 27 June 1995 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well I have and there is more to it. Right now I don't need discouragement, just saying its a different angle

I can sense you are frustrated and I understand the frustration. Don't give up and stay at it. You just never know where it will lead. I hope you don't get discouraged and you continue to discuss the case with us.

I can sense you are frustrated and I understand the frustration. Don't give up and stay at it. You just never know where it will lead. I hope you don't get discouraged and you continue to discuss the case with us.
I felt compelled to come forward after seeing his picture and the billboards asking if we knew something. I went the route I should take with the PD scared crapless that I would become a target. Beyond frustrated and sorry if I came across as a jerk. There are the other murders that seem to be tied up in this also Hard evidence no but strung together you can't simply ignore it. Thanks Tippy Lynn

I felt compelled to come forward after seeing his picture and the billboards asking if we knew something. I went the route I should take with the PD scared crapless that I would become a target. Beyond frustrated and sorry if I came across as a jerk. There are the other murders that seem to be tied up in this also Hard evidence no but strung together you can't simply ignore it. Thanks Tippy Lynn

You did the right thing by going to the police. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision to put yourself out there like that. Especially since the MCPD doesn't have the best reputation. :eek:

I don't think we should ignore anything that might be something. Like I said, you just never know where it might lead.

Who are the other unsolved murders again?

Last edited:
You did the right thing by going to the police. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision to put yourself out there like that. Especially since the MCPD doesn't have the best reputation. :eek:

I don't think we should ignore anything that might be something. Like I said, you just never know where it might lead.

Who are the other unsolved murders again?
Best
Axiotis
Crawford
Pruin
Blachut

Bobbi Crawford worked as the registrar at Ellsworth Community College. Like I said above lived less than a mile from his apartment. Lark avenue will lead you almost to the door of that college. Ethan Kazmerzak disappeared close to Lark ave. The bodies of the victims were buried close to that area also.

NOV 6, 2020
Is the killer of an Iowa teen linked to missing news anchor Jodi Huisentruit?
Michelle Martinko's killer curiously mentions Jodi Huisentruit's name in his police interview. Was it nervous banter or something more sinister?

[...]

The murder of Michelle Martinko in the parking lot of Cedar Rapids' Westdale Mall has some eerie connections to the Huisentruit case. And the crucial link is a man named Jerry Burns. "Murder at the Mall: The Michelle Martinko Case," reported by "48 Hours" contributor Jamie Yuccas, airs on Saturday, November 7 at 10/9c on CBS.

[...]

For long time followers of this ancient case, it is pretty remarkable what just happened yesterday. A licensed PI working the case went public with news that a case insider recently confessed a dark, long-held secret to him that could blow the case open. And the PI has taken the confessed info to LE.

Either the PI is blowing smoke, or local LE is corrupt, or the case may finally actually be resolved.
So, a month and a half now since the case insider supposedly made some sort of confession to Steve Ridge which Ridge says he conveyed to LE, and nothing.

NOV 6, 2020
Is the killer of an Iowa teen linked to missing news anchor Jodi Huisentruit?
Michelle Martinko's killer curiously mentions Jodi Huisentruit's name in his police interview. Was it nervous banter or something more sinister?

[...]

The murder of Michelle Martinko in the parking lot of Cedar Rapids' Westdale Mall has some eerie connections to the Huisentruit case. And the crucial link is a man named Jerry Burns. "Murder at the Mall: The Michelle Martinko Case," reported by "48 Hours" contributor Jamie Yuccas, airs on Saturday, November 7 at 10/9c on CBS.

[...]

rs_600x600-181221114602-600-Jodi-Huisentruit-JR-122118.jpg MichelleMartinko-tree-RobertRiley.jpg
Jodi Husentruit & Michelle Martinko side by side pictures. Wow.

Two Interesting Facts on the Jodi Huisentruit Case
1*FH-GDEqz_iQKm3EyunXIdQ.jpeg

Abducted news anchor Jodi Huisentruit. Courtesy of FindJodi

''It’s time for closure in the case of Jodi Huisentruit. In fact, it’s past time. Nobody should ever have to lie somewhere alone, after being taken and declared legally dead (in 2001). Jodi deserves to come home. Her family deserves answers. Her friends and colleagues deserve to know the truth. Jodi is missed by many. And she’s out there somewhere. And that my friends, is a “fact”.

If you know anything, even if you think it’s not important please contact the authorities. Mason City PD can be reached at 641–421–3636. The Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation (DCI) can be reached at 515–725–6010. And here is yet another link to the team at FindJodi. The team is always ready and willing to listen to any thoughts on the disappearance of Jodi Huisentruit.''

“Ridge says that he is doubtful that there is a connection between the cases, and that he will likely be able to eventually rule out Jerry Burns as a viable potential suspect in the Huisentruit abduction. Ridge says he would probably put a half-dozen people on a list of persons of interest ahead of Jerry Burns. “I can’t see where ‘48 Hours’ did any real due diligence around Burns as a possible suspect in the Huisentruit case,” Ridge commented.

Ridge says that he remains confident that the Huisentruit case will eventually be solved. Ridge recently revealed that he had obtained a confession from someone who believes that they destroyed potentially pivotal information in the Huisentruit case in the hours following the abduction.”

COLD CASE: Burns denies involvement with Huisentruit disappearance, wants new trial for Martinko murder

ETA: If Ridge is making statements like he can think of a half-dozen people who would be higher on a list of suspects than Burns, I feel like he doesn’t have clear evidence which allows him to zero in on a single person. Otherwise, I don’t think he would phrase it quite like that. IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiasco331989
Back