IA IA - Johnny Gosch, 12, W Des Moines, 5 Sept 1982 - What happened? - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dorca - Interesting point(s).

I agree that "if" Gosch Sr. was involved in Johnny's kidnapping, then the two cases are probably not linked. Perhaps the second one was a copycat crime, and the young Martin kid was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time when the kidnapper found him. This scenario is quite possible.

If however, the cases are indeed linked by the same perp(s), then it is likely that Gosch Sr. had no role in either, IMHO. I think your suggestion should be looked into regarding the newspaper company. I'm assuming both boys delivered for the same paper of course.

Bottom line, i believe that either both cases are indeed linked together, or it is a copycat perp that pulled off the Martin abduction. I do not think that it is two totally seperate abductions whereby the second perp was unaware of the Gosch kidnapping. Either he was copying it, or he was involved in both.

It's interesting how linked the Gosch and Martin cases have become in people's minds (the location and both being newsboys naturally draw parallels, of course), while a startlingly similar case rarely seems to come to mind.

"Thirteen-year-old Danny Joe Eberle had arisen early, around six, and was delivering the Omaha World Herald newspaper to seventy of his neighbors"
in Bellevue, Nebraska, on the border with Iowa, on Sunday, September 18, 1983 when he disappeared.

dealing with this childs death? who has ever said hes dead? if you want to ignore all the witnesses that have seen Johnny alive and just say he was kidnapped and murdered by a lone molester then you can do that i guess thats the easy thing to do.you would make an excellent detective with the Des Moines PD thats all they really tried to do anyway was shut this case down and do nothing.
Alot of people have seen Elvis and Jim Morrison too but it doesnt make either one of them any less dead.
It isnt easy to assume Johnny was abducted and killed its just the most likely explanation.
It isnt some big conspiracy.Evil is usually banal and stupid and simple.
Im not denying there are people predisposed to sexually abuse children in all walks of life.
There are plenty of sex offenders out there.They dont need to be organized.They cause plenty of damage individually.
I dont think wealthy sexual deviants would need to abduct anyone.
Sadly if they have enough money they can find anything they need in any urban area in the country im sure.
My heart does go out to this childs mother.
I guess part of my problem with some of these theories is that I work in a state psychiatric hospital.
I hear dozens of conpiracy theories.Ive read as many manifestos about wide ranging plots reaching to the highest levels.
Most of them from people who are civily commited as delusional paranoid schizophrenics.
Alot of the things ive read from people contributing to this topic sound as though they could have been written by the same patients I deal with every day.

Alot of people have seen Elvis and Jim Morrison too but it doesnt make either one of them any less dead.
It isnt easy to assume Johnny was abducted and killed its just the most likely explanation.
Im not denying there are people predisposed to sexually abuse children in all walks of life.
There are plenty of sex offenders out there.They dont need to be organized.They cause plenty of damage individually.
Sadly if they have enough money they can find anything they need in any urban area in the country im sure.
I guess part of my problem with some of these theories is that I work in a state psychiatric hospital.
I hear dozens of conpiracy theories.Ive read as many manifestos about wide ranging plots reaching to the highest levels.
Most of them from people who are civily commited as delusional paranoid schizophrenics.
Alot of the things ive read from people contributing to this topic sound as though they could have been written by the same patients I deal with every day.

Oh, pleeze.....really now, are you saying that every person who believes that organized pedophile rings abduct children for illegal uses is delusional? Its a fact that pedophile rings exists and operate in large networks, often worldwide. The question here is did one of these rings abduct Johnny?
We already know that the government has many wide ranging plots reaching to the highest levels.....maybe or maybe not related to pedophilia, but certainly some pretty unnerving things. You don't have to be schizophrenic to believe that.

Kline - check out my post #646 on this thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43532&page=26

Truth can be stranger than fiction. Not saying that any of this is truth (or NOT truth), but just because some of it may sound strange doesn't mean that there aren't some rings of truth in it somewhere.

Thanks, Insguru. Given time and/or money I’m thinking I want to slowly accumulate some news articles, particularly from between 1983 and 1986, since these years seem to have been the height of interest regarding the Gosch case. Understandable given the Martin disappearance at this time.
See, the devil is always in the details, and maybe I’m gnitpicking, but that’s what former attorneys sometimes do. Also, my gnitpicking may or may not have any impact at all on any speculations concerning what actually happened to JG or EM. For all any of us know, everything NG believes could be the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you (insert name). But here goes anyway.
I notice that on the AMW website, there’s a reference to the 1988 letter supposedly received by the Gosches, with an Idaho postmark. I suppose the location makes sense if at one time he were in fact in Colorado; Idaho isn’t that far away as far as I know. Never been there. Now, obviously none of us have seen the letter, or at least I’m guessing, so we’re getting this info secondhand. But in the letter, supposedly written by JG, he refers to the March 1983 incident — an incident which the website claims was not made public.
Maybe this isn’t a critical mistake, but the fact remains that it was made available to the public. I had Lexis/Nexis and Westlaw when I worked in the court system in NYC, and at one time I had a whole Gosch file because I did some independent research. I know there were at least two articles from one of the Chicago papers from about March of 1984. The main focus at the time was on the three phone calls the Gosches allegedly received from their son on 2/22/84. Without going into whether these calls were hoaxes, the article also referenced the March 1983 incident in Oklahoma. So it was made public. Again, a small discrepancy. I’m not purposely disparaging NG, nor am I even trying to do so. Just trying to be as reptilian and objective as I possibly can and point out the inconsistencies as I personally see them. Make of them what you will. I don’t know what to do myself yet.
And here’s something else. I happened across an article from the Cansas City Star dated about April 4 or 5, 1998, as I recall it now. I don’t have the article on file anymore; lots of stuff happened recently and a lot of my old files are lost for all time. But my memory is pretty good. Anyway, the article talked about a radio interview with NG, in which she claimed she supposedly had info that yes, her son had in fact escaped from a pedo ring of some sort, and that yes, this happened in Sept. of ’87. No reference was ever made therein, at least to my recollection, of a March ’97 visit. And at the end of the show, NG broadcast a message to her son letting him know she was still looking for him and loved him. Going back to the interview for a moment, she also claimed that she had info that he had married and was the father of a baby. I find it interesting that nothing more was mentioned about this detail, particularly, as I recall, at the Feb. 5, 1999 hearing in which she talked, finally, about the visit she had had with her son in 3/97. It’s just an interesting little wrinkle. Or not. Interesting to me, anyway. Any takers?
I will say, in all fairness, that the things that make me believe Bonacci and this Gibson person are credible in terms of their allegations of having known JG at one time is the fact that they seemed to have quite a bit of personal knowledge about him. I.e., he did yoga. He had a stutter. He had 37 customers. He had this birthmark or that scar. To me the more compelling is the stutter, the customers and the yoga. If, again, I have time, I’d love to see if I can find some rather old clips, articles, etc., to see if any of this info may have come out prior to 1989, when Bonacci claimed to have had a part in JG’s abduction. Was it ’89? Because if some of these more personal things were made available via news clippings or whatnot, it would have been relatively easy for someone to latch onto the Gosch case in an attempt to get some attention from the national media. I’m not saying it did happen that way; I’m saying it’s a possibility. I want to avoid any fights. My opinion is that these things have to be considered.
I’m also aware that there were a few television programs and news clippings that did focus on the Gosch case back in the ‘80s. NG and Gosch Sr. were together in some of those. Has anyone ever seen any of these, and does anyone have any thoughts on the visuals, i.e., Gosch Sr.’s body language or how the couple was reacting to each other? My running lights don’t work, so I’d love some opinion on this if anyone has it.
And where in the world is this Emilio, the guy who supposedly did most of the deed? Didn’t anyone have the idea of finding him, particularly after the AMW broadcasts, or did law enforcement simply dismiss the whole thing? Interesting.
Finally, Roy, are you referring to the joubert angle? It’s certainly something to consider, for again the Gosch and Martin cases could be related only coincidentally. Joubert could have been in Iowa. The one problem I have with this is the supposed evidence that JG was alive for some time. Sounds like Joubert was a serial killer, and besides, we know he didn’t do the Martin deal.
Speaking of same, I just wonder what EM’s father makes of all this business. If I weren’t sure I’d be picking at old wounds and seriously hurting someone, I’d just simply call the guy up and ask him what he’s learned about his son, independent of the Gosch matter. I don’t believe any of this was necessarily done. Could reveal something no one has bothered to look at, and it could yield a solution.
Probably the safest bet thus far would be to call this Richard Gibson, the father of the grown-up Jimmy who got caught up in this same ring with Gosch and Martin et al. If I ever get the courage to do so, I just might find a way to broach the topic with him in a phone call. Again, he may have some valuable insight on all this. Reason I haven’t done any of this is that I’m afraid of getting my nose bitten off for being — err — too nosy? And I’m not even gonna touch Gosch Sr. That’s way too hot to handle.
Anyway, as it all stands now, I doubt we’ll ever know the truth about any of this. What I do know is that JG and EM do have my best thoughts, and I hope that wherever they are, if alive, they’ve found a measure of peace. If dead, which I’m almost certain they are by now, I hope they’ve found peace in whatever afterlife exists.

“We all have choices, and that’s the cold hard truth.”==George Jones

Dorca - thanks for all that!

Lots to say, in response, so I'll cut it up into more than one posting.

Yes, the Danny Joe Eberle, Nebraska, September 18, 1983 case was resolved. We know that serial killer John Joubert kidnapped and murdered Eberle, as he confessed to that crime as well as to the December 2, 1983 murder of Christopher Walden in Nebraska.

However, Joubert never did confess to the August 22, 1982, murder of Richard "Ricky" Stetson, eleven years old, in Portland, Maine even though he was convicted of the crime on the basis of hair & dental evidence. So, we know that Joubert did not confess to all the crimes he was guilty of.
That strongly suggests he may have been guilty of still more crimes of that nature - possibly even Gosch. As you noted, Joubert was in custody when the Martin kidnapping occurred.

In relation to the idea of "copycat" crimes, then, we have yet another mystery. If Joubert was not responsible for the Johnny Gosch disappearance, was he copycat-ing that crime when he committed the Eberle kidnapping - a different location but identical circumstances and victim profile? Was the Martin kidnapping a copycat of the Gosch case, or of the Eberle case?

Perhaps, if there is anything to be gained from the eery similarities between the three cases it might lie in the profile that Special Agent Robert Ressler developed based on the Eberle kidnapping - some of which turned out to be dead-on true of Joubert (and some of which was not).

What was a direct hit, was Ressler's assessment that the perpetrator "was probably young, in his late teens to early twenties" and caucasian. Joubert was just 20 years old. The "Paul Bishop" who inserted himself into Noreen Gosch's life with stories of being a CIA asset investigating pedophile rings, would have been 23-24 years old at that time.

Probably the safest bet thus far would be to call this Richard Gibson, the father of the grown-up Jimmy who got caught up in this same ring with Gosch and Martin et al. If I ever get the courage to do so, I just might find a way to broach the topic with him in a phone call.
That right there....just might be where some answers come from. Maybe, if any come from there. I just know in my gut that this case is so different then your "standard" kidnap, harm, kill....it's not a black and white case. This thread has started to get interesting since the making of #3.

Umm — I have to beg a thousand pardons from all and sundry out there, but I keep coming up with thoughts that disturb the psyche. BTW, thanks, Roy, for all that. Maybe he really did Gosch. Or maybe, as I still suspect and as thefragile stated, this is not your typical case of snatch, rape and kill.
But my thoughts take me again to Bonacci. I have a problem with the logic of some of his allegations, but this is nothing new, as I hope I’ve demonstrated in previous postings.
See, I read the transcript of the Feb. 5, 1999 hearing. It was some time ago and I’m not planning on doing so again right this sec, but I seem to recall that he’d mentioned school, and that he’d mentioned living with his mother. And these assertions were made in reference to his having been a minor at the time.
Again, I’m playing Satan’s chief deputy clerk here when I broach this stuff, only because I’m still hoping to get to the bottom of all this sometime in my life. We’ll leave aside whether it’s any of my bleeding business, but here goes.
Bonacci’s sometimes in school, and sometimes living with his mother. Yet somehow or other he gets involved in this ring that goes about abducting young boys and permanently depriving these boys of the families and friends and life they once knew. Is it expected of me to believe that Bonacci and Gosch somehow got involved in this government-sponsored pedo ring, but that they often allowed him to return to his home and school while they kept JG, EM and other boys? I suppose, but there must have been something pretty extraordinary about JG, Gibson, Martin and others that the perps weren’t seeing in Bonacci. Which, by the way, makes even less sense as, according to him, Larry King et al didn’t stop raping him until he was seventeen or eighteen. My understanding is that this was because he looked so young and cute for his age.
And am I supposed to believe Bonacci’s mother allowed her son to go off with some creepy people so that he could, obviously unbeknownst to her, be forced to help abduct and rape a young boy? Bonacci was what, fourteen at the time? His mother doesn’t have any say as to where her son is going to go at any given time? Surely you don’t have the same control over a fourteen-year-old as you do an eight-year-old, but still, there’s something not right about that. I suppose everything he ever said could be true, but as I delve deeper into it, his claims are starting to stretch my credulity. In other words, (a) he’s a liar, or (b) it really did happen as he claims, and his family is way dysfunctional or something. Dunno. Maybe I’m blowing smoke and none of this is anywhere close to reality. And I’ll say it as many times as I have to: My heart goes out to NG, JG, EM and anyone who has ever been in the wrong place at precisely the wrong time. I am not bringing all this up to start a fight or subject anyone to personal attack; I think that’s already been done at other times. But even if we’re self-appointed detectives with no real stake in any of this, it’s important to get all the facts down, or at least as much as we can, and that includes examining some of these claims and finding out which ones make sense and which are pure bunk.

“We all have choices, and that’s the cold hard truth.”—George Jones

Dorca -

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The lawsuit says Bonacci told his Northwest High School counselors in 1986 that he "had been and was continuing to be victimized by prominent members of the Omaha community." School officials failed to take proper actions to protect Bonacci, the lawsuit alleges.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ronald Burmood, school district student services director, said the lawsuit's allegations are incorrect.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DeCamp made similar allegations in a memo last September. The World-Herald interviewed two Northwest staff members named by DeCamp as Bonacci's counselors. Both said Bonacci didn't tell them he had been abused."[/FONT]

http://www.franklincase.org/8-28-90.htm

see also:
http://www.franklincase.org/7-25-90

I agree with you, it seems highly improbable that Bonacci could have remained a registered student at a high school while allegedly being flown around the country for prostitution and drug-running for weeks at a time, held captive in other parts of the country with other "boy slaves", etc.

I do believe that he was a perhaps a weekend boy hooker in his high school days, and I think it's probable that he was "punked" by older male prostitutes during that time - by people like Troy Boner. But if he had involvement in kidnapping any younger boys, I seriously doubt that his accomplices would have been anyone other than those older hookers or a young psycopath like Joubert.

Roy, it’s a theory that makes about as much sense as anything else does. More sense, in fact, than some I’ve heard.
Of course, it doesn’t necessarily exclude the possibility, however remote, that JG might have been alive for months or years after his disappearance. I found a Feb. 29, 1984 article when I googled “Johnny gosch” in the news archives. I believe it talked of the 1983 Oklahoma incident, but I can’t say for sure because the text was garbled and incomplete when I actually went to the link. We were not amused.
But anyway, thus far my search has not uncovered anything that might have suggested that Bonacci might have glommed onto some personal info about JG. I’m seriously thinking of making this case even more of an avocation/obsession than I’ve managed to make it already and do some old-fashioned research in the Minneapolis library. What I’m after, assuming its existence, is anything having to do with what JG was like. I.e., what was his personality like? What were his quirks? Tell me more about the stutter, the yoga, the favorite Mexican restaurant. And, BTW, when was this info, by dint of research, public knowledge? If bonacci started making rumblings of his involvement with JG in ’89, as I’m pretty sure he did, logic dictates that he, or anyone else, for that matter, could have uncovered the more personal stuff about the boy if it could have been found in news articles, documentaries, film clippings, etc. Library’s closed right now, so maybe making it into a Saturday affair next weekend should do it. I’m wondering whether the library might also be able to get me some actual news footage or whatever. I believe JG’s case was even featured on the Donahue show back in the Dark Ages. And I know I saw it on that show Hour Magazine with Gary Collins. In fact, they did a whole show devoted to missing kids back at the height of the festivities. This is why I’m wondering if anyone has ever seen JG’s parents together on some of these old footages. What with the focus at times on the father, one might be able to interpret his body language, facial tics, whatever. Like I said, I remember them being very together on wanting to find their boy, so you could’ve knocked me over with a feather when I found out they’d divorced and that she suspected her ex of having something to do with the disappearance.
So I just have to wonder: Did someone have a breakdown? I’m assuming the worst of all possible cases where the mental health of a parent of a missing child is concerned. I mean, whatever happened to JG, it was probably tragic enough to have sent NG over the edge. In that vein, if, for instance, the ’97 visit, which is uncorroborated by independent sources, didn’t happen, maybe she somehow dreamed the whole thing and really, really believes that it happened. And maybe Gosch Sr. really didn’t get another woman to impersonate his wife when they met with Bonacci. Maybe she was actually there, but she doesn’t remember because she finally broke. Just something I’ve wondered on and off over the past several weeks.
And something else just occurred to me out of the blue. Again it goes back to the allegation that JG’s father was involved with the disappearance — specifically alerting the abductors that his son was going to be alone. Again, not having read the book, I have to ask where’s the motive? Was it monetary? It’s a thought, but would there be any way to ascertain whether or not he suddenly came into a large chunk of change shortly after JG vanished? Of course, that’s probably something a police detective should have looked into long ago, but nobody probably did, and now it’s a bit late in the game.
And so the beat goes on. Nobody wins. Nothing is resolved. JG is still gone, and there are no definitive answers. I just wonder what NG might do if presented with incontrovertible DNA evidence from the corpse of her son, assuming it’s ever discovered, and assuming that JG is in fact dead. I personally don’t think she’d accept it, but I dunno what I’m talkin’ ‘bout.

Dorca - you said:
"What I’m after, assuming its existence, is anything having to do with what JG was like. I.e., what was his personality like? What were his quirks? Tell me more about the stutter, the yoga, the favorite Mexican restaurant. And, BTW, when was this info, by dint of research, public knowledge? If bonacci started making rumblings of his involvement with JG in ’89, as I’m pretty sure he did, logic dictates that he, or anyone else, for that matter, could have uncovered the more personal stuff about the boy if it could have been found in news articles, documentaries, film clippings, etc."

I certainly encourage your search, nevertheless I don't think there's as much "ooo-eee-ooo" to the personal information about Johnny that many people have claimed to possess and I'll tell you why.

The Eugene Martin case makes a good contrast to the Gosch case. When a child goes missing, and law enforcement persuades the parents to allow them to control the flow of information about the case - as appears to be the case with Eugene Martin - what information do we the public get access to? Essentially diddly-squat, right? No more details about the case or the victim than police deem necessary for immediate public intervention in the form of tips.

Its the parent's choice, though. In the case of Noreen Gosch, she felt frustrated by police procedure (and perhaps, lack of interest) and took matters into her own hands early on. She deliberately broadcast information about the case, and her son, to anyone who would listen. Who knows how many people she discussed all that personal info about Johnny and his life with, over the years? On top of that, we have Johnny's siblings and friends - if Noreen isn't keeping Johnny's personal info under wraps why should they feel obliged to? Potentially, hundreds of people could have possessed the kind of information that Bonacci or "Jimmy Gibson" claimed to have, within a few years of unrestricted gossip networking, all over the midwest, even without the help of mass media.

And then there's Paul Bishop again. He seems a very likely person for Noreen Gosch to have confided every last detail about Johnny to, and we have no idea what he was doing after he dropped out of her life in 1984 or '85. Perhaps he ended up in prison in neighboring Nebraska and met Paul Bonacci there? We just don't/can't know at this time.

But the fact that a person Noreen has never met before would possess personal details about Johnny and his life doesn't awe me in any way, It's clear that she didn't guard that info the way police would have had they been in charge of controlling the flow of info about the case.

While I'm at it, I might as well confront this also: uncorroborated inferences by Noreen Gosch that her ex-husband was acting suspiciously and therefore might have had something to do with the abduction of Johnny.

I've never called Noreen a nut (and I'm not saying anyone else has). Anyone is welcome to search the threads here, they won't find such a statement authored by me. What I have said, several times, is that she is a genuine hero of the early missing child recovery movement.

But heroes sometimes make mistakes and lose such standing in the eyes of the public. It's tragic, but it happens.

In the case of Noreen Gosch, it is clear that she has turned people who hurt her or failed her in some way into potential suspects in the pedophile ring conspiracy she alleges took her son away. This has gone on right up to the present - when she began receiving photos that might have been of her son, she asked police to help. When the police didn't end up supporting her version of reality in regard to the photos she accused the local police of incompetence and Investigator Zalva of being "part of the conspiracy"!

This is witch-hunting behaviour, and I can't respect it nor people who engage in it. The whole "Franklin cover-up" is itself a witch-hunting exercise. It started out, as the Franklin Grand Jury stated, with the perpetrating of a "carefully constructed hoax" in which John DeCamp was accused by the Jury of inserting himself for "personal political gain and revenge" against his personal enemies in the community. Long after the case lost it's potential to make him wealthy through $110 million dollar lawsuits, DeCamp has pursued it as a witch-hunting vehicle.

And it continues even now. If you are an outspoken critic of the conspiracy theories surrounding the case you risk being turned into a character in that conspiracy by vengeful True Believers, in forums all over the net that allow such open slander of innocents (of which this site is not one, thankfully).

It's twisted, juvenile behaviour and I'm deeply disappointed that Noreen Gosch has apparently engaged in it.

Pleeeeze.....the fact is, the Franklin Scandal began with a couple foster children who were molested and reported it (and of course, the disaster of the Credit Union, which coincided). From there, the case grew. You can call it whatever you wish, but many important individuals truly believe that these kids (and others) were abused and the perps were able to use their power to cover it up.

Maybe John DeCamp stood something to gain? Well, he hasn't gained, has he? He sold a few books and speaks from time to time about this case but its not known as a big money-making business.

Most of the people who believe what you call a "conspiracy," believe there was a cover-up and it happened because the victims were portrayed as you have said "thieves and prostitutes" who would call their grandmother "Adolf Hitler" for a gram of cocaine....sound familiar? Thats because you said something like that about one of these victims....(and yes, he was a victim, who is dead now and can't defend himself or his grandmother).

Just because I, or others, believe this happened does not make us "juvenile," or ignorant....

I respect your opinion but it honestly infuriates me when you start name-calling. People aren't wooden pegs to be fit into neat categories.....stop trying to hammer every "True Believer" (as you say) into the same square whole.

No one has accused YOU of being in on any conspiracies that I know of....but those who continually degrade the opinion of others risk whatever comes their way.

You can rant about "slander" all you want....but you have done a good job of it yourself, buddy.

Just for the record,if Johnny is still alive I would be thrilled to be proven wrong.I hope He really is.

Before this thread morphs into a discussion of "The Finders"/"Project Monarch"/MK-ultra zombies - let me attempt to cut to the chase...

Shadow - is it your opinion that "Paul Bishop" was really working "on behalf of the CIA" when he contacted Noreen Gosch?

I thought your previous reference to him was quite rational, but you haven't answered my question as to your opinion on what he was really "up to" at that time?
For starters, and just to clarify, my reason for posting the finders bit was to refute your assertion that the CIA has not investigated anything to do with child *advertiser censored*/sex rings prior to 1999.

That being said, I have mixed feelings about what role GPB may (or not) have played in Johnny's disappearance. What I do find interesting are a couple of things. Here's a "budding" [ep]hebephile who a) shows up out of the blue and b) (so Noreen alleges) claims to be a "CIA asset." The problem is, Noreen's claim came out in her book, "Why Johnny Can't Come Home" which was not published until nearly a decade after the Franklin bit. Which leads me to believe she not only inferred but also embellished GPB's statement...

"I work for a government agency which is investigating pedophile organizations."​
...that the man worked for the CIA, when said agency could have just as easily been the United States Postal Service (who does actually play a role in child *advertiser censored* investigations). Nonetheless, I personally doubt he even worked for USPS, much less the CIA. Esp since statements such as the above are designed to present an illusion of authority. Even so, this man's presence raises the question wrt whether he and his (at the time) accomplices were involved in kidnapping Johnny. As you no doubt know, serial rapists, killers, etcetera, tend to closely monitor investigatory progress, which includes but is not limited to getting close to the victim's family on false pretenses.

Interestingly (or perhaps not so), GPB has been historically known to invite his "to be" victims to "party" at a local hotel, drug & sexually abuse them, and then pay a visit to the victim's parents after the fact—claiming to be LE, that the teen engaged in illegal behavior, and that he is letting the teen off easy by alerting the parents rather than taking the teen to juvie. Although the goal may seem transparently obvious (i.e., preempting sexual abuse allegations), GPB's wholly unnecessary post-abuse visit to the victims' parents leads me to believe it is part of his 'fetish' so to speak—that he gets off on extending the teen's victimization into their home.

While this scenario may seem to fall flat on its face due to the lack of even the tiniest whisper of him having ever been involved in child abductions, imho, GPB's historically brazen and patternistic behavior certainly raises him as a legitimate candidate wrt Johnny's disappearance. And, even if he was not directly involved in the abduction, I would venture to guess that his visit with Noreen could have been a prepatory exercise, so to speak, by his "trainers"—a result that would lead to a life-long indellible pattern of post-abuse visits to his future victims' families.

And finally, if it did turn out that he was involved, I'd sure be looking at unsolved cases, not only in Des Moines but the Fairfax area as well as other areas that he resided during the past 30 years. Bc, if he (and/or his accomplices) did abduct and/or murder Johnny, given the amount of time, I would expect the victim count to be rather high.

And then there's Paul Bishop again. He seems a very likely person for Noreen Gosch to have confided every last detail about Johnny to, and we have no idea what he was doing after he dropped out of her life in 1984 or '85. Perhaps he ended up in prison in neighboring Nebraska and met Paul Bonacci there?
From my understanding he went back to Fairfax and resided there (abusing boys and making child *advertiser censored*) until his arrest in 2005.

Thank you, Shadow!

It seems that you possess some information about GPB that is not publicly available, but I won't press you to disclose it beyond what you have already stated (knowing a victim of his).

Any insight into Noreen Gosch's references to GPB having attended a Grand Jury hearing wherein he was questioned about Eugene Martin?

This may be old information, and i'll apologize in advance if it is, but i just ran a search on Mr. Bishop on a site called "Intelius People Search" and a Paul Bishop of Alexandria, VA is listed. It also lists his prior cities of residence as: West Des Moines, IA; Washington DC; Lincoln, NEB; and Hastings, NEB.

I'm assuming this is the same Bishop we are talking about (though they must have his age off by a few years as they still show early 40's and i think he is mid or late 40's).

My point is only that he must have had an actual verifiable residence in these places, as i do not think Intelius is going to pick up a motel address. Therefore it seems as though he was at least in those cities/towns long enough to establish residence.

Quite a coinsidence that the cities he lived in seem to match up were much of the "action" regarding the study of this case take place. Perhaps he was involved in something more than simply being a "CIA asset." Especially given that he is now serving time for well-documented crimes against children in VA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay