Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still leaning toward a known-person who got to Mollie. I'm thinking the person was in the house initially with Mollie's consent. Total hunch at this point, subject to change.

jmo
RSBM - I agree with this.

I saw and posted this yesterday, as well. Honestly, I'm not sure which account to believe. The fact that Morgan (MT's cousin) states that "Dalton fell asleep, and then opened the SC in the morning" lends credence to her account, IMO. She didn't just say "I think the SC was sent at 10pm." She backed it up with an account of how Dalton had fallen asleep, and therefore only opened it after he woke up. JMHO.
This is something that LE definitely knows for sure from the Snapchat records, I believe. They can't get the content but I think they can get the times. See V.b. in this: https://storage.googleapis.com/snap-inc/privacy/lawenforcement.pdf (p. 8)

Christie Paul now interviewing Mollie's father. (HLN) He is not surprised about the amount of the award and how everyone has rallied about Mollie. Believes there is a genuine faith that Mollie is out there and they can get her home.

Dad said LE not sharing info with family and one reason is that a loved one or family member might be implicated in the crime.

I paraphrase this. We'll get a video later to review. .

Would be surprised if she was randomly abducted at this point given how everything has played out. Either it's someone she knew, maybe even casually, or left willingly. A random abduction makes so little sense at this point given what we know.

Dad said LE not sharing info with family and one reason is that a loved one or family member might be implicated in the crime.

Wow, I can't imagine much worse than one of your loved ones/family members being harmed, and then finding out that someone else you're close to (biologically or otherwise) being involved in it. I'm speaking in general terms, I'm not accusing anyone here.

Why does this case feel so different? What has led to the huge reward and the family's plea for her safe return? I feel like this is straight from the movies and very rarely real life! Is it because there is absolutely no evidence of what happened? Is it maybe because the parents keep pushing it even though LE know how unlikely it is? OR could it be that family/LE know something we don't?! What is going on here!?!?

Very much so noted this and will try not to read too much into it. Seems a wise move in general from an investigative standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore