Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lurking here and over on Reddit ever since this case captivated me. I, like several others, was sitting on my hands waiting for the news of this huge LE presence at the hog farm to become "official."

I am just wondering if that press conference was set for right around the time the first LE vehicles started to show up near the hog farm as a way to distract people in town from what was going on. Otherwise, it seems like a very eerie coincidence. I think the PC was called as part of a larger plan.

I think this is a very good possibility. JMO.

Could the family PC been a distraction so LE could go out and search?

Everyone please take a moment, and pray for Mollie. I am not religious, but you know what I mean. Lets put her in our thoughts she is found safe.

I suck at maps, is anyone able to provide a map showing where exactly they searched in that area before compared to where they're searching now? Is it in the same exact spot? Close?

Ugh...on one hand I hope they find her ASAP. On the other, I hope it's not where all those LE vehicles are between Guernsey and Deep River. Google Maps looks like that's a heavily wooded area and that doesn't look good for MT if that's the case. Really really hope this is not a recovery mission. :(

I don't think it would be that way. As others have pointed out, if they had a suspect, he would be way too dangerous for them to let stay free. They would have a search warrant in 5 minutes and they would go pick him up.
Not if they do not have the evidence yet needed. I feel like we keep going in circles around this. Respectfully, I'm wondering what keeps you from considering that possibility?

Is anyone on the thread local? Looking at Google Maps and Wikipedia, the town is small in area as well as population. IMHO, they need to get three teams of cadaver dogs back out there and search the town as thoroughly as possible. If she's not there, someone has taken her farther away. And that is looking more and more likely. There's U.S. 6 to the north and I-80 to the south. She could be long gone.
We are literally the crossroads for two of the most highly traveled interstates in the US. In Des Moines- about 70 miles away, I-35 intersects with I-80. I-80 goes E-W from San Francisco to NYC and I-35 goes from the southernmost US border to Duluth, MN. Anyone leaving Brooklyn is minutes from I-80 and and hour or so from I-35, making thousands of miles of interstate super, super accessible.

Valid point. Lots of rolling hills in that area, mixture of farms and wooded areas, but there are plenty of back roads, so still could be a possibility.
How many acres of corn does this area have? Very many. I still think a cornfield is a possibility if the suspect is from the area (if she is no longer alive).

Could the family PC been a distraction so LE could go out and search?

Everyone please take a moment, and pray for Mollie. I am not religious, but you know what I mean. Lets put her in our thoughts she is found safe.

Honestly I don't think this has anything to do with today's PC, just coincidental timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState