Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember you from Sierrah's case jashrema. IIRC you knew her boyfriend's family. That case was so heartbreaking. We were out that way recently and I thought of her, as well as the Skelton boys who I always pray will be found.

In this case, if it's true that the fitbit pinged there, then really the only possibilities are that Mollie was there at some point or that another person placed those things there to draw attention away from her actual location. Or both, I guess.

I wonder when the fitbit pinged there and how many times.

I see why the shirt makes some wonder if she went walking to her mom's in the morning. But then I don't know why police were concentrating so much on her run the night before, on asking who was in Brooklyn the night before.

Wow been offline most of the day...this is just so riveting I can hardly breathe.
I am so happy to have the locals and all the new members join us. Also thanks to everyone for the links and for keeping us all updated.
Personally, I don't know what to think. We've seen this kind of activity by LE before in other cases without results. Remember dear DeOrr? [I hate to write "remember" in reference to him :( ]
Hoping for the best while already braced for the worst.
Truly I pray that Mollie has not become "The Next Girl".
Prayers and wishes for Mollie from everywhere tonight.
ETA---not caught up? What evidence has been found???? TIA

Random question/concern from someone with horrible eyesight: if she doesn’t have her contacts in and her glasses were taken/removed does anyone know how bad her eyes are? I know eyesight gets worse with age so she has that on her side but it makes me concerned that she is without her contacts and possibly glasses. Also, nobody with glasses goes out in the rain without cover if they can help it.

IMO

So they’re searching about 3o min from her house. It seems thought out. Take her while she’s alone and either

1. Bring her to a house
2. Bring her to a public nature area out of town

Was the shirt in the ditch near the park?

Mollie Tibbetts search team scours land near Iowa pig farm

Search teams on Thursday afternoon were combing through ditches near a pig farm that federal agents searched almost a week ago in the hunt for missing college student Mollie Tibbetts, after a possible clue to her disappearance -- a red shirt -- reportedly was found nearby.

A person mowing a lawn found the item of clothing near the Lincoln Wildfire Reserve, the reports said earlier Thursday. It was not immediately clear whose shirt it was. Tibbetts worked at a day care; another employee confirmed its workers wear red shirts.

I remember you from Sierrah's case jashrema. IIRC you knew her boyfriend's family. That case was so heartbreaking. We were out that way recently and I thought of her, as well as the Skelton boys who I always pray will be found.

In this case, if it's true that the fitbit pinged there, then really the only possibilities are that Mollie was there at some point or that another person placed those things there to draw attention away from her actual location. Or both, I guess.

I see why the shirt makes some wonder if she went walking to her mom's in the morning. But then I don't know why police were concentrating so much on her run the night before, on asking who was in Brooklyn the night before.

Hi Irish Eyes..I am her BF's family. This case is very hard on all of us. The similarities are eerily similar and Mollie disappearing on the same date as Ce. I just hope there is not, yet another, barn of horrors.

Your thoughts made me think about a possibility that someone was visiting her that evening, maybe shortly after her run, and maybe was also her ride to work in the morning. Or still there in the morning. JMO.

Hi, btw! :)

Seems like it had to have happened in the morning if she had both shirt and phone...yet I find it hard to believe she would have no phone, SM etc activity when she got up...esp if her brother was calling or texting that morning. I doubt many young adults do much of anything before sending a text, liking a post, etc...

KWWL
Link to live report at the search scene. Well, it was live she is charging her phone now. We'll see if she comes back.
Link
Wow been offline most of the day...this is just so riveting I can hardly breathe.
I am so happy to have the locals and all the new members join us. Also thanks to everyone for the links and for keeping us all updated.
Personally, I don't know what to think. We've seen this kind of activity by LE before in other cases without results. Remember dear DeOrr? [I hate to write "remember" in reference to him :( ]

A red shirt was found, but they don't know or haven't said if it was Mollie's. I've lost track of the number of searches, but many at/near the hog farms and Lincoln Wildlife Area. They are focused in on about a square mile.

Random question/concern from someone with horrible eyesight: if she doesn’t have her contacts in and her glasses were taken/removed does anyone know how bad her eyes are? I know eyesight gets worse with age so she has that on her side but it makes me concerned that she is without her contacts and possibly glasses. Also, nobody with glasses goes out in the rain without cover if they can help it.

IMO

The fact she had her workshirt but not her contacts/glasses throws me off. Either she slept in the shirt (maybe went to bed super late and planned to just roll off to work in the am) or that she had an extra pair of contacts and was wearing a set (I notoriously sleep in mine :eek: ).

I’m still stuck on that detail. But going with the later, since the dogs were put away as if she was ready for work and left the house safely.

Do fill us in if possible - unsure about the case spoken of and its relation to Mollie?

Ce has a thread, and we just went thru the trial in the spring. Sierah Joughin. Her murderer was James Worley.
When Ce went missing, the FBI got her fitbit info also but there was no gps on hers. Cell pings put her and him in the corn.
I will say again tho...every woman should have at least one person that knows her logins and passwords to her phone/fitbit/any electronic devices. The time saved if LE were able to get into these items IMMEDIATELY could be the difference of living and dying

IMO

There was someone who works with eyes who posted many threads ago. We don't know for sure if she was even nearsighted or farsighted, which would make a difference (farsighted you could run without glasses or contacts, I'd think.)

Also it's not strictly true that eyesight gets worse as you age, before LASIK my eyesight was getting better and my eye doctor said it wasn't all that unusual.

Seems like it had to have happened in the morning if she had both shirt and phone...yet I find it hard to believe she would have no phone, SM etc activity when she got up...esp if her brother was calling or texting that morning. I doubt many young adults do much of anything before sending a text, liking a post, etc...
Great point

I think my post got zapped in the site timeouts. I'll ask again.

If the red shirt which was found today is Mollies, the logo would be visible and LE would know it was hers. So does that tell us it was really missing? Further, is it also an indicator she made it home from the jog, and went missing sometime in the morning before work?

Do fill us in if possible - unsure about the case spoken of and its relation to Mollie?

There are the same date possibility and her last known location has the latitude line extremely close to where Sierahs was. Both very near 80(Iowa) and over here Sierah was close to same highway but it is I-90 over here. If you do a google maps for the latitude of both they are very much the same number. It is very odd. Plus last person to see was b/f. Sierah was biking and M.T. jogging. Not too mention the same age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme