Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone bring that post with the pic of Mollie & her co-worker forward? I can barely get my posts to load.

The medical centers name and logo are on the shirt - GRINNEL REGIONAL
red-t-shirt-jpg.140199

I have a lot to read through, so forgive me if this has been mentioned. Wouldn't they know if she came back from her run if her running shoes were in the home? I know that is the first thing I do when getting home from any kind of exercise, take off my sweaty shoes. It seems the timeline has shifted to her making it home from her run, but wanted to make this point if that isn't solid yet.
Q
They must know this. I kick of my running shoes and leave them in the garage. If I went missing and my husband wondered if I went running he would look to see if I had running shoes on.

I think my post got zapped in the site timeouts. I'll ask again.

If the red shirt which was found today is Mollies, the logo would be visible and LE would know it was hers. So does that tell us it was really missing? Further, is it also an indicator she made it home from the jog, and went missing sometime in the morning before work?[/QUOTE
See inbox

There was someone who works with eyes who posted many threads ago. We don't know for sure if she was even nearsighted or farsighted, which would make a difference (farsighted you could run without glasses or contacts, I'd think.)

Also it's not strictly true that eyesight gets worse as you age, before LASIK my eyesight was getting better and my eye doctor said it wasn't all that unusual.
Actually that would be nearsighted - which means you can see near to you. Depending on how bad your eyes are will determine how far away you can see clearly. My eyes are horrible! I can see clearly about a foot in front of my face!

Of course they will DNA test the shirt & I think it will be very interesting to know if she had been wearing it or if she wasn't as it poses different scenarios.

If she was wearing the shirt most likely something happened before she left the house while getting ready for work.

If she wasn't wearing the shirt & the shirt appeared to be tossed from the vehicle on the drivers side, I think it is more likely something happened overnight & perhaps someone was trying to change the timeline, but it would have to be someone who knows she is going to wear a red shirt the next day & the dogs go in the basement.

Just my initial thoughts on what finding the red shirt could mean.

That lat/long using Sierah's home address (where she was taken right outside) freaked us out. It is virtually a straight line.
Both BF's were in construction also.
Mollie reminds me of her. A lot of people think Ce's hair was "blondish" but that was coloring. Her real hair color was dark brown..and she had those same dark brown/black eyes and toothy smile. My heart breaks for Mollie's family. SO hard. I pray for a different ending.

Wow, even more in common. I have not had the time but I really wanted to look into the line and see if it is pattern possibility. You know how some do crimes on certain days every year. I know Sierah killer was caught but you had mentioned about (not sure if I can say) the other possible person out there and perhaps he is a copycat. I mean James had previous crimes and lapses where there may have been crimes that have not been uncovered yet. I can't imagine what you all are going through right now

I have a lot to read through, so forgive me if this has been mentioned. Wouldn't they know if she came back from her run if her running shoes were in the home? I know that is the first thing I do when getting home from any kind of exercise, take off my sweaty shoes. It seems the timeline has shifted to her making it home from her run, but wanted to make this point if that isn't solid yet.
They almost certainly know, they are just playing it close to the vest.

LE has said she was wearing the sports bra when she vanished. Interesting they would say that if they weren’t confident. So we knew about the red shirt from the start, so how would both the sports bra AND red shirt both factor in?
IIRC the sports bra was what Mollie was wearing when last seen, seen by neighbour/s. Not what she was wearing when vanished.

Could the cell phone company or the Fitbit people have "pinged" her device at LE's request?

The jogging shoes she had on were described by LE as "unknown color". I'm guessing she has several pairs of shoes, I actually had not thought about that. Sorry no media link but it was in the recent PC Wed.
jmo

That lat/long using Sierah's home address (where she was taken right outside) freaked us out. It is virtually a straight line.
Mollie reminds me of her. A lot of people think Ce's hair was "blondish" but that was coloring. Her real hair color was dark brown..and she had those same dark brown/black eyes and toothy smile. My heart breaks for Mollie's family. SO hard. I pray for a different ending.
Didn’t LE think Worley had a partner? Maybe the suspected partner was in construction- or a related field.

And not to mention the extremely small town they both lived in

I have been keeping up but just finally registered today, I had a couple quick questions that I am sure have been covered, but... wow there is a lot to keep up with.

1. Do we know when her phone officially went offline? Doesn't the carrier know the last known location and when the last ping on GPS was? I know on our iPhones with our location app I can piece together my kids' last known location and when their phone went offline (battery died), etc. Surely they know that by now but just haven't released? Or am I overestimating how easy that is to do, maybe not all people have location services on or without a specific app it isn't possible, etc?

2. If the red shirt for the field trip is missing.... doesn't that mean she most likely had already gotten ready for work before she went missing? (and had already put the dogs in the basement, etc). How early was she supposed leave and was it daylight already? Seems highly unlikely she would be abducted at 6:00 AM, etc, right?

Fitbit gurus: If Mollie's phone was disabled and unable to sync to her fitbit, could the fitbit sync with another nearby phone? Would that phone have to have a fitbit app? Or does it automatically do it?

Could the fitbit sync with perp's phone? tia!!
My boss and I both have fitbits plus the apps on our iPhones. His doesn’t sync on mine or vice versa. You have to pair the actual Fitbit with your phone like you do your hands free car system (with a numeric code that the Fitbit gives you on its screen) so that it will connect automatically from then on.

I have been keeping up but just finally registered today, I had a couple quick questions that I am sure have been covered, but... wow there is a lot to keep up with.

1. Do we know when her phone officially went offline? Doesn't the carrier know the last known location and when the last ping on GPS was? I know on our iPhones with our location app I can piece together my kids' last known location and when their phone went offline (battery died), etc. Surely they know that by now but just haven't released? Or am I overestimating how easy that is to do, maybe not all people have location services on or without a specific app it isn't possible, etc?

2. If the red shirt for the field trip is missing.... doesn't that mean she most likely had already gotten ready for work before she went missing? (and had already put the dogs in the basement, etc). How early was she supposed leave and was it daylight already? Seems highly unlikely she would be abducted at 6:00 AM, etc, right?
GREETINGS BoShek!

I don't think the shoes were found in the home because in the PC they specifically said "and shoes of unknown color" so clearly the shoes were not left there. I remember finding it odd that the people she lived with wouldn't have filled in that particular detail (color of her shoes). I would also think that is part of the reason they refrained from committing to her being abducted from the home vs. while out or even leaving on her own accord (if she was abducted from the house would they have made the effort to go get her shoes)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme