Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Fitbits use Bluetooth and have to be paired with specific phones. The only way it could sync with someone else's phone is if someone reset the Fitbit, like how you'd reset a cellphone you were selling.

Thank you PaulR. So, no random syncing.

I think she could pair her fitbit with more than one device though. Like she could also use her ipad. Or a close friend's phone she used sometimes?

Also red shirt could be in scraps without logo showing.

You may discuss the contents of this article but you may not trash him or accuse him of being guilty. Only the content of the article and his statements can be discussed. No additional sleuthing of his background beyond what is in the article. He is not a suspect or a POI but because he is interviewed in MSM we are allowing limited discussion.

Iowan With Multiple Stalking Charges Admits To Police Questioning in Search For Mollie Tibbetts

Ooof. This is ROUGH. :/

Ce has a thread, and we just went thru the trial in the spring. Sierah Joughin. Her murderer was James Worley.
When Ce went missing, the FBI got her fitbit info also but there was no gps on hers. Cell pings put her and him in the corn.
I will say again tho...every woman should have at least one person that knows her logins and passwords to her phone/fitbit/any electronic devices. The time saved if LE were able to get into these items IMMEDIATELY could be the difference of living and dying
That’s really good advice I am going to pass on to my daughters who are 19 and 22...thank you ❤️

Even though the news reports have been really frustrating in their accuracy for this case, at least the red shirt fact stuck out.

The person mowing must have known to report it immediately even though at the press conference the investigators didn’t even mention the alternative clothing she might be wearing (we only heard about the red shirt/denim shorts combo earlier on in the news articles). Then again, I’m sure any clothing found should be reported, at this stage.

Farmer: Ongoing search for Mollie Tibbetts happening in Poweshiek County

reposting my own post for discussion. Anyone have any clue what it could mean that they walked in there without a white van, but came back when they finished searching with a white van?

I think that it means that they came out the other side of the wooded area and were driven back to their vehicles in a white van. Maybe the white van was over there the whole time keeping the search site secure? I also think they didn't want to exit where they entered because they knew the press was there.

Even though the news reports have been really frustrating in their accuracy for this case, at least the red shirt fact stuck out.

The person mowing must have known to report it immediately even though at the press conference the investigators didn’t even mention the alternative clothing she might be wearing (we only heard about the red shirt/denim shorts combo earlier on). Then again, I’m sure any clothing found should be reported, at this stage.
And a few threads ago people here were saying we should drop it about the red shirt...

I used to own fitbits up until about a year ago but now I have an Apple Watch. I may be outdated given that technology is moving so fast, but as far as I’m aware, you still have to have an app on your phone for the Fitbit and then you can sync it up. But you can’t have the watch synced to one phone and also another without undoing the first one.

I tried and tried because I had a dinosaur phone that died on me and once I got a new one, it took me forever to figure out how to sync it.

(For those across the pond.)

”POWESHIEK COUNTY (KWWL) -

UPDATE: Investigators returned nearly two hours after they entered a wooded area of Poweshiek County. They did not walk out of the woods from where they entered, instead they returned in a white van before leaving the area for the night.

There was no word from them if they had come up with anything during the search.

There will be a press conference by the Department of Public Safety regarding Tibbetts on Friday morning at 9:30 a.m. in Montezuma.”

Would you mind posting a brief summary of this article, for those of us in Europe who are unable to view it. It would be much appreciated.
POWESHIEK COUNTY (KWWL) -

UPDATE: Investigators returned nearly two hours after they entered a wooded area of Poweshiek County. They did not walk out of the woods from where they entered, instead they returned in a white van before leaving the area for the night.

There was no word from them if they had come up with anything during the search.

There will be a press conference by the Department of Public Safety regarding Tibbetts on Friday morning at 9:30 a.m. in Montezuma.

I have been keeping up but just finally registered today, I had a couple quick questions that I am sure have been covered, but... wow there is a lot to keep up with.

1. Do we know when her phone officially went offline? Doesn't the carrier know the last known location and when the last ping on GPS was? I know on our iPhones with our location app I can piece together my kids' last known location and when their phone went offline (battery died), etc. Surely they know that by now but just haven't released? Or am I overestimating how easy that is to do, maybe not all people have location services on or without a specific app it isn't possible, etc?

2. If the red shirt for the field trip is missing.... doesn't that mean she most likely had already gotten ready for work before she went missing? (and had already put the dogs in the basement, etc). How early was she supposed leave and was it daylight already? Seems highly unlikely she would be abducted at 6:00 AM, etc, right?

Re: 2 - I think someone she knew was giving her a ride to work that morning, perhaps unexpectedly or perhaps not. Who, why and what happened afterward is the mystery.

reposting my own post for discussion. Anyone have any clue what it could mean that they walked in there without a white van, but came back when they finished searching with a white van?
Did anyone see whether the reporter that was broadcasting live at the scene, who had to shut down to charge her phone, get a picture of the white van? This reporter also mentioned continuning coverage at 10 pm on her station so I wonder if anyone saw that local report and it perhaps had a picture of the van? Wonder if they left via a different direction as they knew the reporter was broadcasting live?

I think it means searchers' vehicles were in one location and people walked from the vehicles to the search location. After the search, they were not near the vehicles and returned to them via van, as opposed to walking back to the original starting place.

Just a guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member