Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He did. At 7:30. I was thinking the same: for this theory to work, she would have to have been out of the house, headed to her mom's and abducted prior to 7:30am.

Actually, I believe he texted to ask if she needed a ride *home*. At least that is the report I saw.

The question was whether he meant 'home after work' or if he meant 'home from the boyfriend's to get ready for work'. He sent the text at around 7:30 a.m. on Thursday the 19th.

Have read through much if not all I'd missed and notice several think tomorrow may be "the day" - I know there's a scheduled presser from days before, but, apart from that, several feel the announcement of a discovery in the case is coming very soon.

Anyone here care to comment? I suppose if the red shirt is the red shirt, well, maybe, but I'm not convinced that what they have there is what we hope they have.

Or actually what we hope they don't have as it would probably mean a body discovery is how this will play out, and none of us want that to be the case.

Ideas, at this late hour? Is that how it will go? Dare we hope, though, she is alive?

Last edited:
The FBI is there. The entire country is paying attention. Not to mention she was happy & looking forward to her life. I don't mean to be disagreeable, but suicide just isn't plausible here.
I absolutely agree. The posture of law enforcement and the overwhelming resources that have been deployed, indicates strongly that you are correct. If they thought suicide, or runaway, we wouldn’t see the type of searches we have been seeing, and the continued presence of multiple agencies. And from what we know about her, and the (limited) details on the circumstances of her disappearance, only adds to the likelihood of foul play.

JMO
Yesterday I was sticking to the theory that she left on her own because of many reasons but today I think I moved over to a real perp got her if that shirt ends up being hers.

The things that had me leaning to her leaving on her own was that darn wedding and Im guessing she started to feel real pressure to marry her BF. Because the brother was joking to the BF about him proposing to her and also her Dad said in an interview that he would pressure her to marry the BF when she gets found. So I had wondered if maybe during the 3 hour phone call she may have felt pressured to marry BF and decided to take off before the wedding of the brother.

These are real pressures I believe she felt and it really had me leaning that she left on her own. I still think its possible. There were other things too like some twitters she made that alluded to her goals in life may have been changing.

But if that red shirt is hers then I just dont see her throwing it out the window on her own. And the longer this goes on with the national news I would be really surprised she would put everybody through this. So today is the first day I am leaning to a real abduction.

Given what people have said about her caring personality, it would seem unlikely she would take off on her own and not be in touch for this long, especially with all of the national attention.

She has a close girlfriend who was her roommate during her freshman year in college. They leased an apartment together for their sophomore year in the fall. If she had to get away, it seems to me that's where she would go. Girls her age want to be with their close friends especially when they're making huge life decisions. The fact that she hasn't been in touch with anyone who cares for her means, to me at least, that she didn't take off on her own.

Where I live ppl use Uber/Lyft all the time. Is this relevant to the area she lived in? Could she have scheduled a ride with a perp?
LE would certainly know the answer to that. Uber rides leave a transactional record. I’m sure they have contacted companies like that directly as well, to include taxis.

Yes the Dad said exactly that and I was shocked to read it in one of the interviews. It was an eye opener.

He was saying it to explain how nice the BF seemed to him but those were his exact words and it floored me. Will try to find the news link.
Yes, I recall reading it too in one of the early interviews with the father. Surprised a bit that he made such a statement about BF to the public but perhaps he was just trying to show visible support of the relationship by the family. Wonder whether he regrets sharing such a view with the public as it doesn't seem a necessary piece of information to share as its quite private? Keep coming back to some of the commentary in prior threads about how college can be a transformative experience for many and how people and priorities can change. I would think the father recognized how his daughter might of changed over time which makes the comment he made about the relationship all that more surprising. Or, it could have just been a casual off the cuff type of comment to show some support for the BF during a difficult time.

What did Mollie do during the day before the run? Did she work? If so, was there an outing that day?

I'm thinking about the Petit family murders. Those guys spotted Mrs. Petit and her daughter coming out of the grocery store and followed them home to see where they lived. They then went home and waited for hours until after dark and came back.

Maybe this has nothing to do with the run.

Or it's possible someone was watching her for longer. She may have even sensed that, and commented to someone about having that weird feeling, that gut instinct. (some of you will know where I'm going with that.)

If the cars are usually parked outside the garage, not seeing them might have suggested she was home alone. Ditto if someone else usually walks the dogs or gets the mail and Mollie did those things instead.

Let me have a look. Thank you! This is what I've been looking for.

This afternoon I was researching bridges with fishing / hunting areas nearby, creek or slow river.

Technical issues with video, can you post the location google coordinates or something like that?

It is somewhere about the 12:00 minute mark where the reporter mentions a creek being there.
jmo

Have read through much if not all I'd missed and notice several think tomorrow may be "the day" - I know there's a scheduled presser from days before, but, apart from that, several feel the announcement of a discovery in the case is coming very soon.

Anyone here care to comment? I suppose if the red shirt is the red shirt, well, maybe, but I'm not convinced that what they have there is what we hope they have.

Or actually what we hope they don't have as it would probably mean a body discovery is how this will play out, and none of us want that to be the case - please ye, gods.

Ideas, at this late hour? Is that how it will go? Dare we hope, though, she is alive?
I think the shirt appearing is something everyone needed at this point, to keep the investigation alive and going. Almost 3 weeks and nothing, is a long time witthout any new evidence/clues being collected or released to the public.

Guess we really all do see things differently. I felt like pushing the huge reward and stressing they need tips was kind of desperate. I usually think LE does have a POI but I am not seeing that here...too many variables, weirdness, etc...I also used to analyze pauses, etc when LE spoke, but that proved fruitless as so many of those cases are still mysteries.

It is sad that most of us are now considering that Mollie is no longer with us. Up until tonight, I really thought she was still alive, but the activities of today lead me to believe she is not.

WK, what you said here really struck a chord...I've caught myself starting to use the past tense several times this evening when posting, i.e., "wish we knew what MT's uncorrected vision was," etc., then consciously had to go back and edit my words (and thinking) to make it present tense language, because I feel like it's important to give MT the presumption of life.

If she has spare contacts and glasses, why would it ever be a thing that she did not take them with her?
I wear both for over 20 years now and I have disposable contacts stashed all over; (purse, work, car, bathroom, etc) and 2 pairs of glasses. I even sleep with my contacts on.. I know bad but I do it because I cannot see without them.. so, I don’t believe this vision thing is relevant. Sincerely a person with crappy vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29