Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay this is all just my opinion, but I keep thinking of the dogs in the basement. When dog sitting, your gone all day at work, the dogs are in the basement, you get them up, feed and water them, walk them, play with them. Then you head out for your jog. Lovely a storm is coming, you head back home. (now I must add we had horrid storms two days in a row last week here in Colorado, multiple tornado's and too dang close for comfort). So, regardless of how much a dog barks, you may tell them to shush, but your not going to put the poor dogs back in the basement they have been in all day. HOWEVER....Storms....tornado's. Perhaps she joined them in the basement for the night so she could actually get some rest while weathering out the tornadic storms in a somewhat safe fashion. Morning comes, walk the pups, put them back into the basement. Perhaps wet and yucky out, but not storming anymore, you head out for work walking. Red shirt and change of clothes in tote. Someone familiar to you offers you a ride and you get in. I cannot tell you how many times I take pity on someone in my small town, and offer them a ride if I know them or know of them. I don't believe it happened at the house, I think it would be a crime scene and have MUCH more activity if their were signs something happened there. I also believe I heard the red shirt had a logo on it, the officers are not going to search for hours because of just any red shirt found, I think they found one with said logo. I don't believe suicide or runaway is involved here. I also am heartbroken for her family. I think this is an aquaintance from possibly afar, but in her town. Again this is all just my opinion.

The FBI joined in on the 24th of July State and federal investigators join in search for Mollie Tibbetts

Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation special agent Mike Krapfl is the one speaking to the press, but it still appears to be a joint effort by all involved.

Joint effort, certainly, but one department must be designated as lead. Local jurisdiction takes precedence in local crime but when federal law violation is involved the bureau would take lead.

I will add, if the storms that Iowa experienced are anything like NE Colorado experienced, my kids were in the closet downstairs with my pets. I was up monitoring radar and recieving REDALERT calls which is offered to residents in my town. I think its very likely she spent the night in the basement with the dogs. I cannot tell you how many were hidden at shelters, basements, bathtubs and closets during this storm, but trust me, everyone except the chaser nuts of course were ducking for cover. I just hope this young lady is found to give her family the closure they so desperately need and that Justice is served. IMHO

They might have been mowing the ditch. Where I live in the midwest, the county mows the ditches of rural roads a few times a year.

Fox News says it was someone mowing their yard, but there is so much inaccurate information, that might not even be correct...

http://spacecoastdaily.com/2018/08/...s-in-missing-college-student-mollie-tibbetts/

A person mowing a lawn found the item of clothing near the Lincoln Wildfire Reserve, the reports said earlier Thursday.

I can't imagine a bright red piece of clothing would just be left out in the open by an abductor. My guess (like many of you apparently) is that this shirt is not her's. Which is good... if it was her's, things just got even darker as far as an outcome of her being safe. It's bad becasue that means a huge clue is irrelevant.

Just curious, I see a lot of people referring to the perp as “he”. Other than a higher statistical chance of a perp being male, what is driving that idea? We don’t know much in terms of evidence, so what if this was done by a female?

well you have to pick one or the other or the others..so based on statistics it will referred to as be a male suspect unless they find something to indicate a female.

This is just a reply to the entire thread. I am just getting caught up after a few hours of sleep.
I just want to once again offer a plea for the safe return of Mollie. We realize that if you have info or were even involved in some way you do not want to come forward for many reasons. This is just from experience that I speak.
There are so many ways to send a tip anonymously.
Someone knows something.
Things will only escalate. It just will. And surely it is already spiraling out of control.
If you are reading this and this isn't your first "go-round" then rest assured I am in no way taunting you. You have my attention, along with the rest of the nation.
If this is you, and you are getting some kind of a thrill out of this, you will eventually answer to a higher power. You will be brought to justice...
If you are in a cooling-off period and relatively calm, why not drop a line to someone where Mollie is.
Time is of the essence, no matter what the outcome.
Someone knows. Someone saw or heard something.
Please go over your memories again. Perhaps you were drunk, or feared a DUI, or under the influence or not mentally competent. I have no idea. But this can still be made right.
Her family needs her home, one way or the other.
Chi

Actually that would be nearsighted - which means you can see near to you. Depending on how bad your eyes are will determine how far away you can see clearly. My eyes are horrible! I can see clearly about a foot in front of my face!

I have a very tiny sweet spot about 3" away from my eyes where I can see, everywhere else is blurred. So I am jealous of your foot! I am nearsighted and need glasses/lenses for *everything* near and far.

We seem to have a large number of people here in the thread with various degrees of nearsight, but if Mollie is farsighted, then we could really use some experiential knowledge from those who have mild to middling far sight, for things like going out running, answering the door, getting ready in the morning (make-up?) and using smartphone or computer, bearing in mind though that a lot of this depends on where the individual's sweet spot is.

I also might as well join the club and say I am totally blind in my left eye. My glasses (can't tolerate contacts and they wouldn't work anyways, nor would corrective procedures) often make me look like "Bill the Cat".
I can't see anything without them. Especially at night.
This adds another level of concern for Mollie.
:(

She gets home from run and does homework and goes to bed

Gets up and ready for work puts in an extra pair of contacts and the dogs away for the day

Puts drivers license and a few bucks in her pocket and grabs her phone

Starts waking to the car to get to work.... The drive to work is approx 25/30 mins so she needs to leave the house at about 6-630 and may have needed to get their earlier due to the field trip

The electrical co op's hours are 8-5 and she is waking alone on that street way before any workers start showing up

Finally her brother was surprised to still see the car that morning and texts her about needing a ride home later

the text is at 7:30am and never gets a response

I think she got taken that morning
6-6:30 am

This is what I have thought all along. Or a slight variation which I don’t think I can put forward here yet. Re: ID still being there—I bet she had one for the daycare identifying her as an employee. Almost would need to with kids especially if they were taking them to the fair (I think they were). So if she was not driving she would not need her license-just her work ID. Throw that in a pocket with some $ and she’s good to go.

I'm so very far behind in this sad case, so it might have already been suggested...perhaps Mollie took the dogs out for a quick walk very early (maybe his was part of their routine) and just threw on the red shirt because it was handy. Maybe she intended to go back to sleep. I don't check my phone for texts if I am thinking I will be right back, and if it is very early I certainly don't respond. Someone could have entered the house then, or made contact with her outside. That or on her way to work (I can't find anywhere if anyone knew what her plans were as far as commuting to work on that day). From my limited knowledge on this case, these are my guesses.

Last edited:
okay so a couple things..

she may have grabbed a purse or tote. she may have never taken the new shirt out of her bag, but had pulled out glasses and contacts to switch for her run or study.
she may have taken that bag along with her phone..maybe whoever took her told her she could take it to keep her quiet.

I wonder how long she was studying?

its very likely her stuff was strewn along the roadside here and there, the logic being small individual items will not be quickly noticed and the vehicle needs to be freed of any evidence ASAP.

either she was forced to corral the dogs, or the abductor did it...either out of fear of them, or because they were cleaning a crime scene.

or they are so familiar with these dogs that they did what they always do when they leave.

PUT THEM IN THE BASEMENT.

without thinking it would be a clue.

it is a clue, as far as I am concerned because the positioning of the dogs is not in line with the " timeline" of her vanishing.

MOO

In this era of increasingly sick puppies, don't entirely discount the possibility that a perverted prankster might have intentionally tossed a shirt or other item of feminine clothing just to be able to sit back and follow the on-line reaction. I would hope not but some folks have no shame.

Who farms this field near Lincoln Wildlife near where they searched today, and why is the farmer making phallic designs in the field?

An interesting observation. However, Iowa is not flat, and what you are observing is the natural contours of the farmland.

okay so a couple things..

she may have grabbed a purse or tote. she may have never taken the new shirt out of her bag, but had pulled out glasses and contacts to switch for her run or study.
she may have taken that bag along with her phone..maybe whoever took her told her she could take it to keep her quiet.

I wonder how long she was studying?

its very likely her stuff was strewn along the roadside here and there, the logic being small individual items will not be quickly noticed and the vehicle needs to be freed of any evidence ASAP.

either she was forced to corral the dogs, or the abductor did it...either out of fear of them, or because they were cleaning a crime scene.

or they are so familiar with these dogs that they did what they always do when they leave.

PUT THEM IN THE BASEMENT.

without thinking it would be a clue.

it is a clue, as far as I am concerned because the positioning of the dogs is not in line with the " timeline" of her vanishing.

MOO
Yes, I consider the dogs in the basement a clue too. And it leads to the perp being someone who knows and cares about the dogs (or knew how to keep them out of the way). This isn't the only theory I have, but I am considering it a possibility that the perp is the person who made sure the dogs were fed and secured for the day.

Or...Mollie took care of that.

We don't know.

jmo

One more thought then off to work-since I just did this myself-if she had lenses that she changed monthly she may have just put a new pair in straight from the containers that they come in. This was also mentioned in an early thread. I just put new ones in. Where are my old ones? In their case. Next to my glasses. In the bathroom. When Daltons mom mentioned MT Didn’t have those on, it was early in the disappearance. Then LE searches the home. They may have found new, opened containers in the bathroom.

I will add, if the storms that Iowa experienced are anything like NE Colorado experienced, my kids were in the closet downstairs with my pets. I was up monitoring radar and recieving REDALERT calls which is offered to residents in my town. I think its very likely she spent the night in the basement with the dogs. I cannot tell you how many were hidden at shelters, basements, bathtubs and closets during this storm, but trust me, everyone except the chaser nuts of course were ducking for cover. I just hope this young lady is found to give her family the closure they so desperately need and that Justice is served. IMHO
From earlier posts and weather statements, Iowa’s tornado warning was the next evening, after she was reported missing. Just what I’ve seen posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3