Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
Someone awhile back posted the weather the night before and morning after but I cant recall when the storms hit. I think it was the morning she had to go to work but not totally sure.

One thing which is not too likely but since it seems she just disappeared I was wondering if it was possible she took a very early morning jog and tried to take shelter somewhere in a field and got hit by lightning.

If the red shirt turns out to be hers then I doubt she would have jogged that far before work. The red shirt is going to be the key to know if she was abducted or not. I hope LE at least can tell us if they think that was her shirt or not.
The tornadoes in Pella and Marshalltown hit around 5 p.m. There were brief mentions on 5:30 national news shows, with videos posted on Twitter. Storms moved through the state for awhile. The tornadoes were not expected.

Refusing to give a timeline/time of disappearance is unprecedented, as far as I know, in a missing persons case. I can only think that the perp is someone very close to her, that the timing is being used to confirm alibis...this may not be the reason but it makes no sense otherwise. How can the public even know if they “know”something if not given this most basic bit of info...
I get this feeling too that the poi is very close by. They have to be careful not to ruin the investigation by giving them an "out". Theyre wauting for them to say something only the killer knows.
Im like the mother i trust LE and their need to keep certain info private right now. Theyre doing their best to solve this.

I feel like she was just removed. what are the odds? nothing touched in the house..fresh fingerprints? evidence of gloves? pristine to the point where they cannot pinpoint a crime scene..it definitely makes sense to put her outside..which makes me think thats what the abductor wanted us to believe. MOO

In this era of increasingly sick puppies, don't entirely discount the possibility that a perverted prankster might have intentionally tossed a shirt or other item of feminine clothing just to be able to sit back and follow the on-line reaction. I would hope not but some folks have no shame.
Id thought this too and being in a fitch highly likely. What are the odds a piece of evidence like that would be left out in the open? Highly unlikely. Unless an animal dragged it there from a different location :(

Not necessarily true.. local case here and the victim was found, hanging in a tree, from suicide, months later. Sometimes LE doesn’t look up or search in the trees, just on the ground or whatever is in front of them.
Trust. Law enforcement has very specific protocols for searching. They scan in all directions before clearing an area last night I thought about underground bunkers. I was reading and our family farm had 2 from years ago. Both had purposes and both were easily hidden.

The stalking farmer worries me. Lives alone and might be a bit to friendly about sharing search times and what LE is doing different times if the day in his property and nearby.

Intuition I guess but just different. Sadly I don’t think she’s going to be found alive after 2 weeks.

I hope I’m wrong.

I grew up not licking doors, and didn’t as an adult. Left keys in the car because no one ever bothered anything. Then things changed. One night I heard our farm truck start and begin to move down the driveway. I tore out of the house with boots on in the winter and started chasing it in foot. The kid driving it didn’t know how to drive a manual transmission and I dove for the keys through the window. I could run faster than the kid could shift. But that night I began to worry that our safe haven where we had moved 15 years before to raise our family had changed.

That’s when our small town cops told us we were no longer a small town regarding crime. Drugs and gang activity had come to our safe haven in Alaska. That was late 1990s They were correct.

I do have a general question for some of you experts. IF Mollie was abducted after she got home (whether later that night or early morning), what reason would the person have for abducting her instead of, and I hate to be morbid, just murdering her right then and there? If you want to murder someone you have a grudge against, why run the risk of kidnapping them first and giving them the option of escaping or someone seeing what you're doing? In other cases where someone was kidnapped and killed elsewhere, what were the reasons why?

I do have a general question for some of you experts. IF Mollie was abducted after she got home (whether later that night or early morning), what reason would the person have for abducting her instead of, and I hate to be morbid, just murdering her right then and there? If you want to murder someone you have a grudge against, why run the risk of kidnapping them first and giving them the option of escaping or someone seeing what you're doing? In other cases where someone was kidnapped and killed elsewhere, what were the reasons why?
It could have been a situation that simply got out of control, not that she was targeted to be harmed. We just don't know.

I'm inclined to think it was a situation that started out okay, but went bad.

jmo

Im no expert but i think maybe they wanted time and being at the house had risk of people showing up. Also if shes still alive theyd definitely need to take her to another location. Im hoping this is the reason.

Refusing to give a timeline/time of disappearance is unprecedented, as far as I know, in a missing persons case. I can only think that the perp is someone very close to her, that the timing is being used to confirm alibis...this may not be the reason but it makes no sense otherwise. How can the public even know if they “know”something if not given this most basic bit of info...

Yes! Agree! There are a lot of possibilities in terms of who could have shown up unexpectedly and then left (with her). That’s why it is so frustrating to not be able to confirm when messages were sent/opened/read/etc. and when she was online. If she is as social as she has been described there likely are several more conversations that she was having that we just don’t know about.

Could be so many reasons...maybe they knew someone would be back. Felt safer at another location. Wanted to hide the body and crime scene (successful so far).

Another thing I have considered is that she was taken by one or many, to be raped and tortured by more than one person alone.

a red shirt, tied to missing college student Mollie Tibbetts, was found nearby.
Police would not confirm it belonged to Tibbetts,

Terrible "journalism" 101 when an article contradicts itself because you need to do a story but literally have nothing. Keep in mind, they couldn't even get a background/ off the record hint from LE. Proceed with caution.

That's an interesting thought. Would fingerprinting be able to show if Mollie's handprint was the last on the door to the basement or if someone else's handprint was overlaying hers?
This is a great question. I do feel bc of lack of struggle she was taken at gunpoint possibly so they may not find any proprints however tire tracks are crucial!! And any footprints. Some footwear can be narrowed down snd used as evidence to help with the case.

I know this question wasn’t for me but I’ll chime in...

I do not have a Fitbit but I do have an Apple Watch and they work the same... the Fitbit info would not transmit info to the cell phone until it gets back within range. Example: if I take a walk without my phone but wear my watch, my steps/pulse/exercise activity will not update onto my phone until I get back within range.
Wanted to add: it will only transmit the info to whatever device it has been paired with + only if it’s powered on. Also, you cannot pair it to any device without having both the Fitbit/watch and the phone at the same time because you have to allow the connection.

I believe that as long as a Fitbit has power it still tries to pair with its device. And I hope that’s how the IT expertscan locate it. I would expect it’s dependent on the particular capabilities of the make and model Mollie had on.

That might be the explanation for the reports and bringing canine searchers in last night.

maybe the perp got into the house and commanded her at gunpoint to come with and she simply asked if she could put the dogs in the basement so as not to cause any damage to the home whilst she couldn't attend to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman