Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s endless examples of law enforcement either contaminating a scene or allowing it to be contaminated. This type of thing has damaged and destroyed countless cases. This is especially true in small departments, that are not used to dealing with complex violent crimes. We can only hope that this department didn’t allow that to happen, especially early in the investigation, before they knew what they were dealing with, and before outside help was called in.
I am sure the family went over to see what the story was with Mollie. Was she sick?

They probably let the dogs out. Looked at all kinds of stuff.

But still, was the house crime scene taped?

A few things stood out to me at yesterday's press conference- (yes, I know, almost 24 hours later! but I like to think about things for a bit)

1. This was the first time that I remember seeing her mom, dad, brothers, and boyfriend all being together. I've seen a lot of the dad, I've seen the dad with the boyfriend, I've seen the two brothers... but I had not yet seen them together until today, which is interesting to me (unless I'm forgetting something). Yes, I know the parents are divorced, but I feel like times like these usually bring everyone together to show a unified front.

2.The dad and the rest of the family might have appeared together at that PC, but I just was not getting a close vibe from any them. The mom and dad barely looked at each other. The dad and his sons barely looked at each other. I know it's unfair to judge them during a press conference about something so awful, but it was just a very strange dynamic IMO.

3. IMO, I am getting the vibe that the dad really, really thinks someone in the family knows something. I know this isn't a new thought, but yesterday's PC really doubled down on this point for me. He could have listed several reasons why LE wasn't giving the family information- ie, they don't want to compromise their progress, they are still processing tips, or whatever, but he very deliberately and articulately stated he thinks it's because someone in the family might be involved.

4. Unrelated, but, I was surprised to see no wedding ring on the dad's hand since he just got remarried in June. I don't really mean anything by that- just something I noticed. Everyone does re-marriage (and, first marriages!) their own way, though, and clearly this is a trying time for him.

maybe the perp got into the house and commanded her at gunpoint to come with and she simply asked if she could put the dogs in the basement so as not to cause any damage to the home whilst she couldn't attend to them.

If such an incident occurred it is highly likely that LE would have found DNA or fingerprints that are "foreign" (as in not expected to be found) to the location.

Here is the report on the PCSO Facebook page. On July 22nd, it states that something had been recovered/found off of Highway 21 that ISP AND PCSO both responded to. On the 23rd, suspicious activity was reported in the Deep River Park. The FBI got involved shortly after. These are two things on gigantic lists of police updates, however the timing and search location are what gets me.

Thanks for posting this. I had noticed that the PCSO stopped posting the reports on a daily basis, and hadn’t noticed additional reports were posted yesterday. Is there a reason why these are again available, especially as it shows some indication of where they have been searching?

Okay this is all just my opinion, but I keep thinking of the dogs in the basement. When dog sitting, your gone all day at work, the dogs are in the basement, you get them up, feed and water them, walk them, play with them. Then you head out for your jog. Lovely a storm is coming, you head back home. (now I must add we had horrid storms two days in a row last week here in Colorado, multiple tornado's and too dang close for comfort). So, regardless of how much a dog barks, you may tell them to shush, but your not going to put the poor dogs back in the basement they have been in all day. HOWEVER....Storms....tornado's. Perhaps she joined them in the basement for the night so she could actually get some rest while weathering out the tornadic storms in a somewhat safe fashion. Morning comes, walk the pups, put them back into the basement. Perhaps wet and yucky out, but not storming anymore, you head out for work walking. Red shirt and change of clothes in tote. Someone familiar to you offers you a ride and you get in. I cannot tell you how many times I take pity on someone in my small town, and offer them a ride if I know them or know of them. I don't believe it happened at the house, I think it would be a crime scene and have MUCH more activity if their were signs something happened there. I also believe I heard the red shirt had a logo on it, the officers are not going to search for hours because of just any red shirt found, I think they found one with said logo. I don't believe suicide or runaway is involved here. I also am heartbroken for her family. I think this is an aquaintance from possibly afar, but in her town. Again this is all just my opinion.
Id say yes except...her wallet was left and most people bring their wallet with id and debit card and her brother texted at 7:30 am with no reply. Deep in
Okay this is all just my opinion, but I keep thinking of the dogs in the basement. When dog sitting, your gone all day at work, the dogs are in the basement, you get them up, feed and water them, walk them, play with them. Then you head out for your jog. Lovely a storm is coming, you head back home. (now I must add we had horrid storms two days in a row last week here in Colorado, multiple tornado's and too dang close for comfort). So, regardless of how much a dog barks, you may tell them to shush, but your not going to put the poor dogs back in the basement they have been in all day. HOWEVER....Storms....tornado's. Perhaps she joined them in the basement for the night so she could actually get some rest while weathering out the tornadic storms in a somewhat safe fashion. Morning comes, walk the pups, put them back into the basement. Perhaps wet and yucky out, but not storming anymore, you head out for work walking. Red shirt and change of clothes in tote. Someone familiar to you offers you a ride and you get in. I cannot tell you how many times I take pity on someone in my small town, and offer them a ride if I know them or know of them. I don't believe it happened at the house, I think it would be a crime scene and have MUCH more activity if their were signs something happened there. I also believe I heard the red shirt had a logo on it, the officers are not going to search for hours because of just any red shirt found, I think they found one with said logo. I don't believe suicide or runaway is involved here. I also am heartbroken for her family. I think this is an aquaintance from possibly afar, but in her town. Again this is all just my opinion.

I think bc her wallet was left and she didnt reply to her brothers 7:30 text it happened that morning. I think she probably either left the door unlocked or answered it and was met with a gun. The dogs were probably already put in the bsmt for the day. She was i ferl ready to leave for work. Possibly someone who was picking her up but LE would be all over them.
Idk it is possibly your theory but why did she leave her wallet? Also wheres her jogging clothes from the day before?

I keep reading about police dogs. Can anyone confirm if they are scent dogs or cadaver dogs? Both dogs are specifically trained, I'm curious as to which type of dog LE is using.

I asked this a while back, forgive me if I received an answer and missed it, so I'm asking again. Let's find Mollie you guys!

In my experience it seems rare for LE to tell us which type of dogs they're using, but they will sometimes say they are using dogs.

My opinion is that if a dog is being used inside a victim's house, then it's going to be a cadaver dog as there's no point putting a sniffer dog in the house as the house will naturally be filled with items that smell of the victim. But if it's an outside location they can use the sniffer dog to get a trail of the victim, or they can suspect they might be close to a body and then send out a cadaver dog. So I would say that for an outside location search that it can be hard for us to work out which type of dog they're using.

The news reporter last night on a FB live said that she saw a K9 going with searchers, but imo it's unlikely they would tell her which specialty that dog has.

However, I'm going to say 60% imho that the dog last night was a cadaver dog. A sniffer dog can help to answer the question of "where did person X go after their last known location?" but it seems to me less likely that the sniffer dog will be used in a random location that a person might have been driven to. A cadaver dog, on the other hand, can sniff out any trace that a death happened in a particular spot even if the body has since been moved, or it can sniff out a body/remains, and I believe it can sniff out remains even if they've been buried for some time.

So Fox News has a crew on the ground in Brooklyn. They are reporting that her boyfriend has moved back into his house. They didn't elaborate any further but that would mean that LE has been in the house or at least had custody of the house until now.

I sure wish I knew what that means. Two weeks is a long time to have custody of it.

If a red shirt was found, I'd be very surprised if it isn't Mollie's. They would have known pretty quickly if it was the daycare red shirt, anyway. And they continued searching for hours and even came back again in the evening to search. JMO.
Good pt. I was hoping it wasnt. The perp could be messing with evidence to make it look like shes dead when actually shes taken elsewhere. The shirt seems too easily placed there.

I really doubt that LE would expend the time and labor if the shirt was not Mollie’s. Why would they?

I suppose throwing the shirt by a field would be safe as there are no cameras. But why not burn it at home? No way to do that because there is no yard or people n the home would be watching? Where are her other clothes?

Why just the shirt?

How many of you sleep n clothes you are going to wear the next day to work? Yuck. Especially in the sumer heat.

Hi. New here. I joined simply to follow this case. I hadn’t seen it anywhere yet but I’m wondering if anybody here has the home address for Mollie Tibbetts? I figured it out based on photos the media released and even found the home on Zillow.com with photos of the house and property. Does anybody care to look at that? I haven’t dug much deeper than that. I’m looking forward to the press release in just a couple hours. I hope Mollie is safe. What a horrible situation for her loved ones.

Isn't it interesting how LE stressed the fact that a red t-shirt was missing along with Mollie and now the first piece of evidence that we are hearing has been discovered is the red t-shirt? Really makes me wonder...

This is somewhat unrelated, but might be interesting to people wondering about rural living/door locking.

I grew up in a small town in rural Oklahoma, and my grandparents were farmers who lived in the country, about five miles from town. They always locked their house at night, but left the garage unlocked, with the keys in the ignitions of the cars. The thought being that anyone nefarious would just steal one of the readily-accessible vehicles and leave without harming anyone.

They also had loaded guns at the ready.

I apologize for going off-topic, but I thought some might find that interesting. Before hearing DJ state that they usually left the doors unlocked, I really wondereded where Mollie’s keys were. Learning the high likelihood of the house being unlocked has really opened up my thoughts on what could have happened.

FWIW, though, I’m thinking that she could have walked to her mom’s either late in the evening or early in the morning for the car, and something happened at that time. I’m very open to other possibilities, however.

The glasses/contacts being left has stumped me, since I wouldn’t even leave my bed without them, let alone the house, but I am very blind! And it’s always possible (as many have stated) that she had another pair.

My heart is just really heavy, because I know what the probability is of the outcome in this case. I’m praying this one is the exception!

You may discuss the contents of this article but you may not trash him or accuse him of being guilty. Only the content of the article and his statements can be discussed. No additional sleuthing of his background beyond what is in the article. He is not a suspect or a POI but because he is interviewed in MSM we are allowing limited discussion.

Iowan With Multiple Stalking Charges Admits To Police Questioning in Search For Mollie Tibbetts
Bumping up my post as a reminder. Going back through the over night postings I see some sleuthing of WC. Discoveries made through research about him are not to be posted on the public board as sleuthing/posting his background is not allowed. Accusing or implying guilt in Mollie's case is also not allowed.

Once law enforcement has designated someone as a suspect then that opens up the gates to sleuthing. He has not been named a suspect.

Sounds like you found a discarded bag from a car prowl, or one that flew off a roof rack. The Brooklyn community is living, breathing, eating, Mollie's abduction, and I believe they're on high alert to report anything down to a wet sock. Although red t-shirt found has not been confirmed by LE, I don't think it's Mollie's Day Camp red t-shirt.
Yes great pt and there had been a storm the day she disappeared so itd be very windy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k2910