Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe she was walking down the street or jogging early in the morning to get the car for work, and got hit by a car and the driver panicked? Maybe the driver was on their phone and wasn’t paying attention?

Possible but it seems unlikely. If it was just a hit-and-run, she would have been found long before now.
Furthermore, it was raining pretty hard that morning. And the best route to her mom's house would have been on mostly sidewalks.

Praying for MT's safe return. Have tried to keep up, so many people helping! This is my impression of Iowa, quiet living, vast corn fields, so many livestock farming, you pass semis regularly hauling pigs to slaughter, so regularly that it was eye opening to me. Also, huge train system for hauling produce and shipping everything in from the coasts, like fish and coffee. Neighbors are valued because farm life is tough. Extremely close knit communities. I only can think of two things. The only time people have stopped to offer me rides while I was out on a run/walk, was if it was raining and those few times, the only time I even thought about going with them was the sky looked green and/or I was worried about my phone getting wet and being ruined. Otherwise, even in pain, you gut it out! I have never taken my wallet with me and sometimes went out without my contacts or glasses. But, that is rare, on a spur of the moment kinda decision to go. Or maybe someone overpowered her in an isolated area. An area that prior, was an oasis of peace for MT.

What bothers me most about this case is how LE is handling it. Yeah, I know, releasing information might jeopardize the investigation or something like that. I’m thinking back to other high profile cases where LE gave updates as they happened. They were able to keep details and not compromise their investigation, yet they were also able to keep the public in the loop.

We’re three weeks in and still have absolutely nothing confirmed to even suggest there’s been a crime. Unfortunately that’s just how Iowa tends to do it. I’m done.

I don’t know about anyone else but the complaints online about media bias and Mollie getting more coverage than other missing people is not helpful to finding Mollie. There is a time and a place for a debate like this and now is not it.

I remember you from Sierrah's case jashrema. IIRC you knew her boyfriend's family. That case was so heartbreaking. We were out that way recently and I thought of her, as well as the Skelton boys who I always pray will be found.

In this case, if it's true that the fitbit pinged there, then really the only possibilities are that Mollie was there at some point or that another person placed those things there to draw attention away from her actual location. Or both, I guess.

I wonder when the fitbit pinged there and how many times.

I see why the shirt makes some wonder if she went walking to her mom's in the morning. But then I don't know why police were concentrating so much on her run the night before, on asking who was in Brooklyn the night before.

I do have a general question for some of you experts. IF Mollie was abducted after she got home (whether later that night or early morning), what reason would the person have for abducting her instead of, and I hate to be morbid, just murdering her right then and there? If you want to murder someone you have a grudge against, why run the risk of kidnapping them first and giving them the option of escaping or someone seeing what you're doing? In other cases where someone was kidnapped and killed elsewhere, what were the reasons why?

possibly part of the fantasy, possibly to take the victim to a preprepared area.

or

over covering of a crime that happened inside the home and this is staging by someone who knows her. IMO

I don’t know about anyone else but the complaints online about media bias and Mollie getting more coverage than other missing people is not helpful to finding Mollie. There is a time and a place for a debate like this and now is not it.
Just more russians trying to divide us! Seriously, I don't know why anyone would resent any coverage of a missing person regardless of who it is.

As WS was down for many hours yesterday, there may be some posters who are not aware of everything re the red shirt. A member of a Facebook group posted a message yesterday that a man was mowing his lawn nearby and found a red shirt. Gray Hughes did a video yesterday and read a portion of that message. I’ll just paraphrase.

There is a large police presence off Highway 21 between Geurnsey and Deep River. Property owners in the area told TV9 that the search is related to Mollie.

He has now done an update to the video and I’ve marked the area on the map as best I can.

The search continued for the rest of the day and into the dark. The fact that the search lasted such a long time would tend to suggest that it was the same style shirt as the one Mollie was to wear to the fair. LE haven’t verified anything and won’t as they stated in the presser that they won’t divulge details of their investigation.

The fitbit she was wearing may have had GPS information that led them to search area.

A dog was present during the search but it’s not known whether or not it was a cadaver dog.

The map was from August 2011.

Wooded areas 2.JPG LE.JPG

For some reason I don’t think this red shirt belongs to her. I guess I shall be proved wrong maybe later today. I think LE for sure would be able to tell if she came back from her run, her shorts/running top would be in the House. Almost everyone jumps in the shower after a run, there’s no way the running clothes would be missing unless on Mollie. To me the red shirt is confusing the investigation and I’m hoping LE can clear it’s up.

Wait...three brothers? About 1/2 way down the page:

"Tibbetts is pictured above on the left with her grandmother Judy Calderwood and her three brothers. Her family are pleading with the public to come forward with information."

Incorrect, or did I miss this?

Red shirt tied to missing Iowa college student, 20, found near previously searched pig farm | Daily Mail Online

The Daily Fail is generally less accurate than something you'd find written on the wall of a bathroom stall...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria