Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i deleted snapchat from my phone about 2 years ago. however, my understanding/remembering is you can use photos from your camera roll, correct? as in the pic mollie sent her bf wouldnt necessarily had been taken that moment, right?

Yes, but, you'd know if it was from the camera roll. Sending or receiving a picture from the camera roll makes it appear as a chat message with a different color notification than if you just send a normal snap (at least in my experience).

I am confused with the house where she was staying at. I see that it is shared with her boyfriend, his brother and his fiance. In a recent article i read that the boyfriends brother was 80 miles away visiting his fiance. 80 miles is about 1.5 hours away. Have we taken him off the suspect list? Someone she knows and wouldn't put up a struggle.
Boyfriend's brother has been cleared by LE.

The dad stated he thinks someone in the family was involved? Ive never seen that.
I saw this mentioned a couple of times so I went back and watched the interview which I hadn’t seen only read about. The quote was taken out of context. He said people might be hesitant to say something because a loved one or family member might be involved. Not his family. If there was another reference he made that meant someone in his family I am not aware of it.

I’d like to think so as well but being they were out there searching for so long yesterday makes me think they have reason to believe it’s her shirt.

Jmo thus far
IMO the red shirt belongs to Mollie, thus explaining the amount of time they spent searching the property. But my question is why is the shirt there? Why would a perp want to leave a piece of evidence and a big piece at that??? I am officially stumped. I was thinking perhaps the perp would want her to remove the shirt because #1 it is red and she would be more noticeable and #2 because she would be more recognizable in a shirt people knew she would be wearing on that day. But again, why dispose of it where it could be found?

I am confused with the house where she was staying at. I see that it is shared with her boyfriend, his brother and his fiance. In a recent article i read that the boyfriends brother was 80 miles away visiting his fiance. 80 miles is about 1.5 hours away. Have we taken him off the suspect list? Someone she knows and wouldn't put up a struggle.
He hasn’t been named a suspect so no we haven’t put him on a list.

When I moved to Iowa, my neighbors- whom I didn't yet recognize- would be driving by then stop their car when they saw me sitting at a bus stop- & offer me a ride. At first, it freaked me out, & I'd refuse to get in the car, even if I recognized them. I felt there was a not-so-subtle cultural pressure to take rides. Also, everywhere I'd ride my bike, strangers would wave at me *as if we had some kind of prior relationship*. Coming from a big city, it angered me. I felt threatened, instead of charmed. By the time I started getting used to it, I moved away again to a big city (after grad sch at Iowa). In the rain, getting dark, she may have thought she vaguely recognized the driver, so jumped in. I still maintain she went missing in the early am from the house, but just thought I'd chime in about the 'stranger danger' aspect, & how easy it can come down in Iowa.

I'm from a small town, but I have lived in Chicago now for 18 years. It would be 20, but I lived in Iowa for two years for a break from city life. I have experienced this in reverse when we moved to Chicago and was shocked when I lived in Iowa that people actually said hi, offered me rides, and smiled at me. Definitely a different cultural experience.

Good morning, everyone! I don't think this is likely relevant to the actual investigation, but I'm wondering if either of MT's parents ever re-married?

IMO the red shirt belongs to Mollie, thus explaining the amount of time they spent searching the property. But my question is why is the shirt there? Why would a perp want to leave a piece of evidence and a big piece at that??? I am officially stumped. I was thinking perhaps the perp would want her to remove the shirt because #1 it is red and she would be more noticeable and #2 because she would be more recognizable in a shirt people knew she would be wearing on that day. But again, why dispose of it where it could be found?

IMO it could be perp toying with the police. I was talking to my dad who has been a police officer for over 40 years and he mentioned that whoever this is, they are pretty brazen and seemingly organized. They could be watching this all play out and think they are so much smarter than the police and thus giving them a piece of evidence as a way to flaunt how smart they are.

How would you not notice a red shirt for the past two weeks? Haven't people been out looking and searching constantly? Doesn't make sense to me.
And what about that theory of the triangle? Can't remember what it is called? Has anyone made a triangle of her house and the shirt to see if we can locate her?

Someone back a few pages made a very compelling point. It's been said that in an article Mollie's eyesight is so bad she can't see without glasses or contacts. Both were left behind. If she had gotten up that morning, gotten ready for work, she would have grabbed glasses or put in contacts before doing anything. I know I do too, I grab my glasses first and then put in my contacts before starting the day. That would indicate something happened shortly after she disconnected from her computer.
Someone else said the dogs were in the basement without food or water, if this is true it would point to the dogs being placed in the basement for some time. If they had been put there in the morning they'd still at least have water.

If the map below is correct, there's a business right next to the boyfriend's house. I wonder if someone who works there saw her jogging or knew she was there alone. From what I can tell it seems like she was in the house so who would know she was there alone? Someone who knew her or perhaps someone who knew the family was out of town?

I apologize if this was already mentioned. The discussion has been moving fast so I may have missed a post.

Mollie Tibbetts Case Map - Google My Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member