Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. New here. I joined simply to follow this case. I hadn’t seen it anywhere yet but I’m wondering if anybody here has the home address for Mollie Tibbetts? I figured it out based on photos the media released and even found the home on Zillow.com with photos of the house and property. Does anybody care to look at that? I haven’t dug much deeper than that. I’m looking forward to the press release in just a couple hours. I hope Mollie is safe. What a horrible situation for her loved ones.

Welcome! Yes, they've been posted here. We have a thread that includes maps and I know the map has been posted, but I'm not sure if the Zillow listing is there, so you could add it if you don't see it on the thread.
Here is the link

IA - MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - Molly Tibbetts,20, Poweshiek County

maybe she was walking down the street or jogging early in the morning to get the car for work, and got hit by a car and the driver panicked? Maybe the driver was on their phone and wasn’t paying attention?

From a town this small, at a house not on Main Street, where small town people tend to notice everything out of place, it would seem a bit remarkable if this was a random stranger abduction.

I agree. I grew up in a small town of about 500 people. You know everybody and notice strangers when they are in town. Not like in a big city where people are too busy to notice things because there is so much going on. I still think this is someone local who just decided to do a really bad thing. This girl didn't run away and I highly doubt it was human trafficking. Someone looking to take a woman for this purpose isn't going to go out to a remote area like this. Why would they go to that much trouble.

It is always great to be optimistic, but I doubt she is still alive at this point.

I do have a general question for some of you experts. IF Mollie was abducted after she got home (whether later that night or early morning), what reason would the person have for abducting her instead of, and I hate to be morbid, just murdering her right then and there? If you want to murder someone you have a grudge against, why run the risk of kidnapping them first and giving them the option of escaping or someone seeing what you're doing? In other cases where someone was kidnapped and killed elsewhere, what were the reasons why?

This is exactly what I've been asking in my own mind. There are a number of options in various scenarios that lead to the abductor removing the victim from the place of abduction, but if the person is in their home it seems a lot easier if your aim is to attack/kill to do that inside the house. But if a person is taken from a street where traffic might come down any minute, then it makes a lot of sense to take the victim to another location. Theoretically say the victim goes out to their mailbox and a perp drives by, then I think the simplest thing is to take the victim to another location and not take them back into the house.

But I'm kind of thinking today that if M was in the house that a stranger who's gone for some sort of home invasion/in-home attack would more likely leave the victim there. That leads me to think that someone who'd enter a home and remove the person from the home might be worried that another family member might come home any time? Or maybe the perp feels too closely associated with the home? Or maybe it's getting light and the perp is concerned about making a getaway during daylight hours as opposed to during the dark hours and so they've made a decision based in the logic of when they'd have less chance of being seen leaving.

Another option is that the perp really wants to spend time with the victim, in which case get them out of the house and to a location that the perp feels more in control of. But in that scenario how long will they keep the victim alive? That could be anything from a few hours to years. These searches that were on the news sites last night do not give me a sense of this latter type of perp.

ETA I'm not an expert, I'm just saying that I've been thinking a lot about the same question.

Last edited:
i deleted snapchat from my phone about 2 years ago. however, my understanding/remembering is you can use photos from your camera roll, correct? as in the pic mollie sent her bf wouldnt necessarily had been taken that moment, right?

The more these details stack up, the more I believe it happened outside the house or perp lured her out someway.

Seems to be no indication that there was a struggle inside the house or glaring clues of an intruder. Like many others have implied, no yellow tape around the house, which the media likely would have leaked.

After looking at the house she was staying in, anyone else find it somewhat intimidating?

There is a lot of space, and the driveway is awfully long. If someone was to kidnap/abduct her inside or near the home, got a long way to get out of there. Even longer if she fights back.

The cornfields around her house really bug me. If you turn at the corner of her street, it's nothing but cornfields straight ahead. You could walk through the backyard into the cornfields then head out to that road.

I wonder if someone parked their car alongside the road and used the cornfields to avoid detection. I'm sure LE would have found a path if that was the case though, especially if it happened in the morning when it rained.

A few things stood out to me at yesterday's press conference- (yes, I know, almost 24 hours later! but I like to think about things for a bit)

1. This was the first time that I remember seeing her mom, dad, brothers, and boyfriend all being together. I've seen a lot of the dad, I've seen the dad with the boyfriend, I've seen the two brothers... but I had not yet seen them together until today, which is interesting to me (unless I'm forgetting something). Yes, I know the parents are divorced, but I feel like times like these usually bring everyone together to show a unified front.

2.The dad and the rest of the family might have appeared together at that PC, but I just was not getting a close vibe from any them. The mom and dad barely looked at each other. The dad and his sons barely looked at each other. I know it's unfair to judge them during a press conference about something so awful, but it was just a very strange dynamic IMO.

3. IMO, I am getting the vibe that the dad really, really thinks someone in the family knows something. I know this isn't a new thought, but yesterday's PC really doubled down on this point for me. He could have listed several reasons why LE wasn't giving the family information- ie, they don't want to compromise their progress, they are still processing tips, or whatever, but he very deliberately and articulately stated he thinks it's because someone in the family might be involved.

4. Unrelated, but, I was surprised to see no wedding ring on the dad's hand since he just got remarried in June. I don't really mean anything by that- just something I noticed. Everyone does re-marriage (and, first marriages!) their own way, though, and clearly this is a trying time for him.
The dad stated he thinks someone in the family was involved? Ive never seen that.

Still wondering why the issue of contacts and glasses was ever mentioned, if it is likely she has multiples.

Press conference is in one hour.

Does anyone have any links to watch it live? I am desperately trying to find one I can watch in Scotland that isn’t blocked because I’m in the EU.

I used this link last time but I am not sure if it will work today.

Livestream 2

We will be remaining on this thread for the press conference.

I really doubt that LE would expend the time and labor if the shirt was not Mollie’s. Why would they?

I suppose throwing the shirt by a field would be safe as there are no cameras. But why not burn it at home? No way to do that because there is no yard or people n the home would be watching? Where are her other clothes?

Why just the shirt?

How many of you sleep n clothes you are going to wear the next day to work? Yuck. Especially in the sumer heat.
Unless purposely planted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members