Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When there is little to no concrete evidence, seems a person who is different/ unable to verbally or financially able to defend themselves is hung out to dry. Many times circumstancial evidence is "found'" against such a person , whose only crime is being unique. I hope that doesn't happen here.

I don't understand so many posters here who feel like they are entitled to information about this case??? Some talk about this investigation like it's a daytime soap opera and that it is somehow for their entertainment.

Clearly the investigators know A LOT about what happened and that is why they are handling it the way they are. If they had nothing they'd be divulging what little they did have in hopes of getting assistance from the public. In this case there is obviously very little to nothing to be gained and everything to be lost by saying too much. I find that to be a very good sign.

I don't believe those are the odds. In a small town everybody knows everybody and their business. If there is somebody in town who would do something like this, everybody would know who that person is. They would be the POI, but there is no indication that there are any suspects.
Hi KaaBoom :wave:,

Respectfully, in Jessica’s case there is no way we could have antipated or known who her killer was. He was not even legally an adult at the time and had no criminal history (while in hindsight there could have been signs...).

So often sexual predators walk among us and we have no idea, moo.

Which leads my mind back to the possibility of a neighbor. Of course they would have all been interviewed via canvassing, etc...but we’ve seen this sooo many times here...

Last edited:
I find it interesting that they brought in the lady that works on missing persons cases in for statistics. Her message was that abductions are highly unlikely and not the norm for Iowa. In my opinion, someone close to Mollie did something. They were basically saying "We're onto you..."

Also, they confirmed that she was last seen in her running gear which would disprove some of our theory about something happening in her work clothes (i.e. red shirt) on the walk to her mothers that morning or being in her pjs.

I think they may have a suspect or suspects and are onto them but may not have enough evidence yet. If an abduction is highly unlikely for Iowa in regards to statistics....then that leads me to believe they have something else in mind.

This is my first post but I have read every thread from the first day. I don't think anyone expected new information from the press conference so I am not disappointed. It was explained after the last one that they would be doing regular updates so the media would have a chance to ask questions at that time so they could concentrate on the investigation. I'm sure they don't want them hounding them while they are working. In terms of them commenting on how hard they are all working, I don't see that as inappropriate. They are working 16 hours a day or more and are physically and emotionally exhausted. They have never had a case like this and it must be personal for them. Many are probably " taking their work home with them" and can't think about anything but the case. I think they are doing the right thing by not sharing details, and they truly believe it could harm Molly. Someone posted that the perpetrator is probably relaxing now. THAT is exactly what they have been trying to acheive. The more confidence he gains, the more likely he will slip up. I think they do have a lot of leads, and I think the family may be aware of more than the public does. The father and boyfriends demeanor appeared to be as if they are feeling defeated. There was a general feeling of more anxiousness all around. I hope their nightmare ends soon.

I think the shirt was Mollie's. MOO but it might not have been the red shirt ( which was rumored to be at work all along anyway) but it could have been the shirt she was wearing in that last snapchat sent to Dalton. Assuming that's the case why would it be in a ditch on the side of the road? 3 reasons I can think of...1. thrown out of a vehicle on the way out of town ( I actually don't think this is likely... why do this?) 2. to taunt family and police ( risky because it confirms perp is local and not long gone) 3. all the media attention this item has gotten would make it very bad to find in your home if you thought it was going to be searched. Moo

I got a gut feeling after looking at those rural roads that it could easily be a case of opportunity by a perp driving behind her in the early morning And taking her easily at 5’1/120. I have driven in many rural areas and saw children walking along and alone. I thought this is the perfect crime if the wrong person would have been there at that time.

Maybe the money reward yesterday is leading to a lot of flimsy (crank) tips. This could be causing problems for LE.

Large rewards in high profile cases tend to bring out the crazies. Anyone remember the insane tips sent in the Anthony case?

Does this sound logical? If her work requires a red shirt & they found hers it seems as though someone t intercepted her on her way to work not the night before.

Somewhere upthread, there was a suggestion that if she were in her jogging garb and someone was at the door...she might have quickly put it on. That sounds possible.

He asked about the pig farm, whether they returned to search there, whether they have any suspects and have polygraphs been given and the red shirt (whether there was a nexus between red shirt and Mollie). You can listen here:

Watch Live: News conference regarding the Mollie Tibbets search
Ooooh I didn't make the connection that that was who was asking those questions. I watched the PC and heard them but I didn't realize who the asker was :)

Depending on tests, DNA analysis takes 24-72 hours in lab. In lab. Depending on circumstances it can be up to 14 days to get results to LE on site.

That timeline is still in play.

Perhaps i made my previous post too over worded. The electric co-op next to her house accepts payments via a dropbox, at any time. Not just during their business hours. Someone could have driven and parked right outside her house / the cop-op, at any time. That person would have been among the payment records of customers who payed by check or cash that week. Please tell me that's been considered/investigated already.

I find it interesting that they brought in the lady that works on missing persons cases in for statistics. Her message was that abductions are highly unlikely and not the norm for Iowa. In my opinion, someone close to Mollie did something. They were basically saying "We're onto you..."

Also, they confirmed that she was last seen in her running gear which would disprove some of our theory about something happening in her work clothes (i.e. red shirt) on the walk to her mothers that morning or being in her pjs.

I think they may have a suspect or suspects and are onto them but may not have enough evidence yet. If an abduction is highly unlikely for Iowa in regards to statistics....then that leads me to believe they have something else in mind.
i only heard about the red shirt from family statements, interesting le barely mention it

I can see where Mollie gets her wonderful qualities. Her Parents for sure. My heart breaks for them. I think reality is hitting them. Whether based on some new evidence or passage of time. Or both.

I don't believe those are the odds. In a small town everybody knows everybody and their business. If there is somebody in town who would do something like this, everybody would know who that person is. They would be the POI, but there is no indication that there are any suspects.

In a study of kidnapping crimes/abductions, only 14% were committed by strangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson