Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And we have no way verifying that, if they don't update their progress. For all we know they are sitting around all day with doughnuts and coffee talking about fishing.

This is like the Missy Bevers investigation, but 100 times worse.

I HIGHLY doubt they have 30-40 agents a day sitting around doing nothing...we can all agree to disagree though

Going by what Winker himself said, they will release info only if it helps with the investigation.

Releasing info about the shirt, therefore, must not help with the investigation.

I think they are not releasing info to the public because they plain ol' don't need to.

jmo

I am getting the same vibe. I continue to believe they are getting closer and closer every day and that they have a good idea of what happened and who.

The demeanor shift of the family today could indicate that they also believe they are getting closer and the outcome is not what they hoped. I also wouldn't be surprised if someone close to her is being investigated, which could cause further distress on the family. MOO.

They have a POI or suspect. My guess is that their evidence is circumstantial, and they're looking for other evidence. I also think that they believe she is nearby, based on the circumstantial evidence. JMO.

I have faith in LE. This is a teeny-tiny town, everyone knows each other. The odds are someone from this area murdered Mollie, also in those odds, local LE probably knows this person and their family. When you look at it from this perspective, it's easier to understand the motive behind the silence. It's like going into contract negotiations, and the other party was handed your game plan in advance.

I think Winker is doing a good job. This is a highly coordinated effort IMO with the FBI likely leading from what evidence and profiling they have been able to determine. The father and family have said they trust them and IMO even the info the family presents is precisely and meticulously arranged to leak or impress upon the perp &/or public for specific reasons.
This has been a very very unusual case, and IMO how they are handling it speaks volumes to the serious nature. I get a random, SK, linked to other crimes, kind of investigation. Aggressive behind the scenes work is being done. Why we don't know. But, it won't help Mollie if we did.
JMO

If I was a father and my daughter was missing and everyday in my daily brief I got anything like the PC. I would hire a private investigator. I understand protecting info but this tactic does more harm than good. Maybe a PI is something the family should consider. I can’t imsgine what he is going through...when he was at the podium he looked back like he had to compose himself before saying something he shouldn’t out of frustration or anger. The family sees what we see yet LE tells them nothing. Something is very off about all this. I honestly feel like she left on her own at this point. Only logical conclusion I can draw.

You can't honestly think they aren't telling the family anything. What they are telling the family far exceeds what they are telling the public, and for good reason. The only reason people are mad about them not telling the public much is because they don't want it to get twisted and spun like it inevitably will. They are doing the right thing and keeping the appropriate people informed. That being said, they could have at least commented on the search yesterday and the red shirt that was found. Even if it was, "yes, we found a red shirt, but don't have anything to prove it belonged to Molly at this time".

Mollie Tibbetts search team scours land near Iowa pig farm

I wonder how long it takes to do DNA testing on a case like this? Maybe they have to test the red shirt to even discover if it is Molly's - perhaps that's why they are scheduling the next press conference for Tuesday? I think the family looks emotionally exhausted. If LE does have evidence of foul play and they told the family this - I don't know how they can even appear at these.

I see the reward is now over $200K and her mom says the kidnapper can claim it!
DCI Keeping Cards Close to Chest in Mollie Tibbetts Investigation; Reward Now Over $200K

Missing Iowa student's mother says abductor can claim reward money if she's set free

The thing with rewards is that the vast majority of the time in situations such as this, where there has been an abduction/kidnapping (assuming she did not leave by choice, which I do not think she did) the motive behind crimes like this are not monetary. And as we have seen countless times in reward situations, they often do not work. Abby and Libby's reward topped $232,000. Now of course that's a different situation, the girls had already been found etc. but just an example of the fact that often no amount of money will change things, when the perp never took the person for monetary gain to begin with. I just don't think that she will be found alive...I could be wrong, and have been gladly so on other cases.
I think the other thing that really solidifies for me that LE is sure something quite nefarious is going on is the continued presence of the FBI. That many agents, for this amount of time, there is a reason that they are there.

I am getting the same vibe. I continue to believe they are getting closer and closer every day and that they have a good idea of what happened and who.

The demeanor shift of the family today could indicate that they also believe they are getting closer and the outcome is not what they hoped. I also wouldn't be surprised if someone close to her is being investigated, which could cause further distress on the family. MOO.

I wonder why MT brothers didnt come out for the PC today? Maybe it’s just too hard on them...

Agree. My thoughts exactly. And statistically, they HAVE to thoroughly question and investigate those closest to her, even with confirmed alibis (if they are indeed confirmed, who knows at this point)

Question for someone local or who might know: Are these press conferences open to the public? Do members of the public attend or is it just press? I was curious if they had a POI in mind and were wanting to see if s/he showed up at the pressers and observed their behavior.

My gut says they have
I feel as if they have a POI in mind and can't release too many details.

I think they know way more than they are saying.

My gut thinks they are putting all their marbles on 1 POI and if that doesn't pan out then they are at a loss. I am not losing hope but getting pretty nervous.

The Dad's demeanor was so different today, and Mom didn't speak at all, frankly everyone looked exhausted and out of sorts. Didn't expect any new info so not disappointed there, but something seems different.

He was really scanning the crowd when it began. Families must be seriously programmed to keep that same face and give nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes