Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the purpose of a press conference when no information can be shared? To just reinforce to the the public that they are working the case?

And we have no way verifying that, if they don't update their progress. For all we know they are sitting around all day with doughnuts and coffee talking about fishing.

This is like the Missy Bevers investigation, but 100 times worse.

My thoughts are this:

They obviously know something. They are not giving tips about her timeline because they have a VERY SOLID timeline as they have said a few times. They know where she was, who she was with, and where she went. They are not pleading to the public that she was last at *advertiser censored* location and if you have seen anything around *advertiser censored* location please call. They do not need anything from the public but of course, tips help peace together the puzzle.

What they don't have is the body, or enough evidence to arrest/convict. They are well aware of something bad happening. She is hidden somewhere, possibly alive or most likely not. Buried, or dumped (god I hope not). They need more time to find her, get the body, get the arrest, get the conviction.

This is MOO, but there is really no other explanation for them not even releasing a timeline. They are way ahead of what people think.

30-40 agents do not work around the clock for nearly 2 weeks on dead ends. They all look exhausted. Either interrogating or searching all night.

I do not see these PC’s putting pressure on a perp unless maybe the perp is very very close to Mollie...otherwise, imo the perp knows if he left a trail by calling or texting her, he would know that LE knows that. And if she was never anywhere near the red shirt locale, he can feel comfortable she won’t be found soon. Unless they are tailing a POI round the clock, they won’t know if he returns to any certain area. The refusal to give a timeline seems dangerous at best...memories fade so fast, if they decide to give one in a month, a lot of accuracy will be lost...

I would think that is why they have so many agents....some are guaranteed watching one or two people 24/7. It is a very common tactic.

OK...Who else thinks these press conferences are just an opportunity to parade out family and friends to stand behind a podium?
<modsnipped>…o_O
If there is a point to these numerous press conferences, I just don't know...

And for the cops to pat themselves on the back for the great job they are doing, even though they are not reporting any progress.

I’m frustrated that every PC reveals nothing.

The investigative team is likely looking at persons of interest and maybe they've even been focusing on one person.

This team has information from interviews which we are not privy to.

They have all of Mollie's data - including all of the data received from the Fitbit company.

Information from cell phone dumps of data from that area during that time will have been gone over meticulously by them.

Background checks on residents and those visiting there would be extensive.

I can't even imagine how much information they have.

I am hoping what they have learned (especially from the data of movement of cell phones in that area) will lead them to someone soon.

Following.... the longer this goes on with her not found, the worse it seems. Obviously.

If she is alive, I hope she can escape, or the kidnapper will release her. Because I don't think anybody is going to find her.

Yep. They know something we don't....this is unprecidented

I don’t think it’s unprecidented just cautious. Maybe a suspect is known to be listening or watching. I believe they will find her. I just don’t think it will be alive.

Can anyone share the pig farmers name? I’m lurking trying to get my house in order. I’ve git layers of dust on dust and can’t stand it.

A thousand thank you’d. We have such a good and diverse group of posters here.

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Mollie Tibbetts search team scours land near Iowa pig farm

I wonder how long it takes to do DNA testing on a case like this? Maybe they have to test the red shirt to even discover if it is Molly's - perhaps that's why they are scheduling the next press conference for Tuesday? I think the family looks emotionally exhausted. If LE does have evidence of foul play and they told the family this - I don't know how they can even appear at these.

I see the reward is now over $200K and her mom says the kidnapper can claim it!
DCI Keeping Cards Close to Chest in Mollie Tibbetts Investigation; Reward Now Over $200K

Missing Iowa student's mother says abductor can claim reward money if she's set free

These pressers don't provide any useful, or should I just say ANY, information. Instead of wasting everybody's time, they should just give the updated balance of the Bring Mollie Home Safe Reward Fund.

They can then get on with their investigation and we can mindlessly continue rehashing everything we don't know.

Mollie Tibbetts search team scours land near Iowa pig farm

I wonder how long it takes to do DNA testing on a case like this? Maybe they have to test the red shirt to even discover if it is Molly's - perhaps that's why they are scheduling the next press conference for Tuesday? I think the family looks emotionally exhausted. If LE does have evidence of foul play and they told the family this - I don't know how they can even appear at these.

Think basic DNA testing can be turned around in 24 hours (for a price).

And we have no way verifying that, if they don't update their progress. For all we know they are sitting around all day with doughnuts and coffee talking about fishing.

This is like the Missy Bevers investigation, but 100 times worse.
You honestly think those men and women who are career law enforcement officers are sitting around with donuts all day during a case like this??

This is the reason leadership bothers to thank the team at every press conference. They work hard and put in long hours, and then are criticized by people without complete information. It is motivating (and deserved) to be thanked. I'd give 'em all a box of donuts if I could (but they said at the last conference they don't need food donations. That implies some people are considerate enough of their work to offer food.

I need a break. Putting myself in time out.

jmo

To be fair...he looks like he has not slept in a week. For all we know he was questioning POIs all night

I have faith in LE. This is a teeny-tiny town, everyone knows each other. The odds are someone from this area murdered Mollie, also in those odds, local LE probably knows this person and their family. When you look at it from this perspective, it's easier to understand the motive behind the silence. It's like going into contract negotiations, and the other party was handed your game plan in advance.

Google what you are asking and you will see it on a New York Post article. I dont know how accurate any of that is.

I don’t think it’s unprecidented just cautious. Maybe a suspect is known to be listening or watching. I believe they will find her. I just don’t think it will be alive.

Can anyone share the pig farmers name? I’m lurking trying to get my house in order. I’ve git layers of dust on dust and can’t stand it.

A thousand thank you’d. We have such a good and diverse group of posters here.

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!![/

Well, it was disappointing but understandable.

I believe they have a suspect but do not want to tip him off until they have built a rock-solid case. And if there's a chance that Mollie is still alive, providing the public with too much information would put her in danger.

I'm interested in whether they return to the same area today to continue searching. To me, that would be telling.

Does anyone feel like LE may be telling one family member more than the others? Possibly her dad? I feel like he has to know a little more than the others due to his confidence in LE and I also feel like he has been told specifics as to what to say. He has really been echoing LE in saying things about knowing Mollie and I feel like he has been pretty good about not leaking info or speculating as much as others.

I feel so bad for him. Today you could see he is barely hanging in there emotionally. I am glad he has his new wife there with him now, hopefully she will be a good support. (I hadn’t seen her before today).

Just feel like the dad may be on a different page than the rest of family. Does this occur in other cases?

All IMOO of course!

I totally agree! I also feel like the families public statements are directed at someone. Like they know she’s abducted. Like, take the money and run!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOTTERB