Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right and he doesn't know if divers were there or not...at least say "I can't comment on that", bc I feel as though he is lying...he would know these things, correct?
I think it depends. I don't think he's the lead investigator on this case, but the spokesperson to the media. I can see a situation in which he would intentionally NOT have all the details in order to make it less likely for him to slip up in these press conferences.

Yes, I agree. I also think this is a strong man. He's the spokesperson out front, but I think he's the voice of the entire time. They are being discreet and want to keep it that way.
There have been no leaks with this case. Rumors, yes, but not leaks. The leadership is strong and I think the team members all are dedicated to the same course of action.

Unlike others here, I'm impressed.

And I hope Mollie if found before Tuesday's press conference.

jmo

I'm quite impressed with how this is being handled myself! This has been a well orchestrated and professional investigation from the start. Which tells me they knew something very serious from the earliest. What, I am unsure of. I am also hoping Mollie is home before the next PC, and praying for them all.
jmo

Clearly, LE is just appeasing media with these pressers. IMO

Specifically, they want to be specific they can not speak about specifics. Okay.

I hope, for Mollie's sake, that this is the right approach.

Maybe the money reward yesterday is leading to a lot of flimsy (crank) tips. This could be causing problems for LE.

The Dad's demeanor was so different today, and Mom didn't speak at all, frankly everyone looked exhausted and out of sorts. Didn't expect any new info so not disappointed there, but something seems different.

Agree completely, something has changed...can only speculate it is the discovery of the shirt. The only reason I can think of to hold press conferences and not say anything is for show... to the POI or to Molly herself..denial of the red shirt is interesting if they are playing a cat and mouse game with POI...ie perp dumped red shirt yesterday to toy with family/investigators.

I had a bad feeling from the press conference. The father seemed deflated; not his usual self. It might just be the wear and tear of the situation as it drags on, but my gut feeling is the shirt they found is Mollie's and the family knows that. The mom didn't even speak.

I have a daughter half Mollie's age and this case is really getting to me.

I agree 100%. I have a daughter Mollie's age who is home for the summer and also a Psych major, and I have been following this case from the beginning and can't stop thinking of her and her family. The shift in demeanor from the mom and dad between the two press conferences just gutted me.

Yes, I agree. I also think this is a strong man. He's the spokesperson out front, but I think he's the voice of the entire time. They are being discreet and want to keep it that way.
There have been no leaks with this case. Rumors, yes, but not leaks. The leadership is strong and I think the team members all are dedicated to the same course of action.

Unlike others here, I'm impressed.

And I hope Mollie if found before Tuesday's press conference.

jmo

Dear Inthedetails,

I absolutely agree that the leadership is strong.

Although it must be frustrating for the family, I see why they said they have faith in this investigation team.

I noted the other day that Winker said that the investigators are working together as if they've worked side by side for 20 years. He has a strong and dedicated team.

This team is committed to finding Mollie and this case must be difficult for them as well. After all, they have daughters or nieces who Mollie reminds them of.

I am impressed with this investigative team as well and I believe they solve this case soon.

I wonder if they are watching someone (surveilling perhaps) and holding these press conferences 1 - to see how he/she/they react and 2 - to make them paranoid and cause them to slip up. Notice yesterday Mollie Tibbetts dad says that the police are conducting a "sophisticated" investigation. He was likely coached to say that. Makes the perp wonder "what do they know??"

In this era of constant leaks and instant info about absolutely everything, you gotta be impressed with a team of 30-40 local people not breathing a word about developments.

I actually think this is great. The example of integrity is refreshing. Painstaking (!) and refreshing at the same time.

I remain hopeful this case will be solved.

jmo

I disagree. Pressers are for updates. Giving zero info leads to rampant rumors and speculation, and then LE will complain that there is too much speculation and rumor online.

So, do most of us believe they did locate a red shirt yesterday, but LE will not confirm it? What do you think?
Going by what Winker himself said, they will release info only if it helps with the investigation.

Releasing info about the shirt, therefore, must not help with the investigation.

I think they are not releasing info to the public because they plain ol' don't need to.

jmo

I'm quite impressed with how this is being handled myself! This has been a well orchestrated and professional investigation from the start. Which tells me they knew something very serious from the earliest. What, I am unsure of. I am also hoping Mollie is home before the next PC, and praying for them all.
jmo
I definitely get a sense of a united front and a strong force.

Think the perp feels that pressure?

Hope.

jmo

Possible LE planned to say more when they announced this presser but events yesterday may have caused them to change strategy and be tight lipped. Then again, they could have canceled it.

Did anyone notice how red the eyes of Dad looked, everyone looked totally deflated and the boyfriend looked like he was in shock...IMO. My heart breaks for them. I believe every answer where he wouldn"t confirm was a yes answer or they could outright deny it. I believe they found a shirt and it was hers.

Does anyone feel like LE may be telling one family member more than the others? Possibly her dad? I feel like he has to know a little more than the others due to his confidence in LE and I also feel like he has been told specifics as to what to say. He has really been echoing LE in saying things about knowing Mollie and I feel like he has been pretty good about not leaking info or speculating as much as others.

I feel so bad for him. Today you could see he is barely hanging in there emotionally. I am glad he has his new wife there with him now, hopefully she will be a good support. (I hadn’t seen her before today).

Just feel like the dad may be on a different page than the rest of family. Does this occur in other cases?

All IMOO of course!

A little off topic but I do feel bad for the mom. I think it is strange that Mollie was the dad's "best man" at his wedding to his new wife. Not that this is relevant to the case, but that had to drive somewhat of a wedge between Mollie and her mom. I know that would hurt me as a mom and I'm not even a mom!

Why on earth would that hurt you? I would hope mom is mature enough to want her daughter to have a good relationship with her father. That is something that would make me happy.

If I was a father and my daughter was missing and everyday in my daily brief I got anything like the PC. I would hire a private investigator. I understand protecting info but this tactic does more harm than good. Maybe a PI is something the family should consider. I can’t imsgine what he is going through...when he was at the podium he looked back like he had to compose himself before saying something he shouldn’t out of frustration or anger. The family sees what we see yet LE tells them nothing. Something is very off about all this. I honestly feel like she left on her own at this point. Only logical conclusion I can draw.

I would also hire a PI.

I disagree. Pressers are for updates. Giving zero info leads to rampant rumors and speculation, and then LE will complain that there is too much speculation and rumor online.
Everything the investigators do, imo, is geared to solving the crime. Each investigation uses pressers for that purpose. JMOpinion.

I do not see these PC’s putting pressure on a perp unless maybe the perp is very very close to Mollie...otherwise, imo the perp knows if he left a trail by calling or texting her, he would know that LE knows that. And if she was never anywhere near the red shirt locale, he can feel comfortable she won’t be found soon. Unless they are tailing a POI round the clock, they won’t know if he returns to any certain area. The refusal to give a timeline seems dangerous at best...memories fade so fast, if they decide to give one in a month, a lot of accuracy will be lost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOTTERB