Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
finding an article of clothing along the RAGBRAI route is not newsworthy.
Being as a red shirt has been a main topic of an article to find and now one was found near the pig farm they were searching makes it newsworthy. But I also agree with it being along the RAGBRAI route lends itself to not being "the" red shirt we've been searching for.

Could also be mad for the same reason a lot of people in this very thread are mad at nobody being arrested yet, etc. Remember this is her boyfriend and they are close. Nobody here even met her in real life.

True... I was just comparing his facial expressions between today and two days ago. To me, there was a huge difference.

Then what about her girlfriends ? Especially since she was staying alone somewhere, wouldn’t she be just touching base, chatting with friends? Something is so very off about this. Or maybe LE just isnt elaborating about it.
You would think when you are all alone that you would be chatting with someone. Hell im old and ill still send texts more often when im alone in the house by myself.

But LE is under no obligation to tell the truth about an open investigation.The only priority is to solve the case. I think he was not telling the truth about the red shirt. jmo

LE usually only lie to suspects during an interrogation of the suspect.

I dont think he was lying at all. I think he really did not know about it and that terrifies me.

Do you ever wish when a crime occurs there would be a private building nearby where websleuthers who could get there. Then they could brainstorm with their expertise and attempt to come up with ideas.

I don't have the link unfortunately, but it was sort of a big deal here yesterday that the cousin, when being interviewed, said the Snapchat was opened that night, which contrasted with the boyfriend saying he opened it the following morning. Or it could be vice versa, but I know that there was some inconsistency there. Not implying anything other than I wonder if the Snapchat was unusual or alarmed him in any way, since he appeared to be focused on it early, and particularly due to it being sent after he was already in bed.

JMO.
On Wednesday evening, authorities say she was seen running around town, like she normally did. She messaged someone around 7 p.m., local TV station WOI reports, and around 10 o’clock that night, Jack opened a picture from her on Snapchat — a selfie that seemed to be sent from inside, with a caption — though it’s unclear when the message was sent. An Evening Run, a Snapchat Selfie, Then Nothing: How Student's Boyfriend Learned She Vanished
from an earlier report

HORRIBLE, just horrible. Either they found it or they didn't. Can anyone tell me why saying anything that would stop the rumor mill as well as give the public anything they can draw confidence in their LE would be bad?

If the point of the PC was to educate the public - FAILED
If the point of the PC was to encourage the public - FAILED
If the point of the PC was the inform the public - FAILED

OK I give up - what was the point today? And doing it late? WOW.
I believe the point was to answer all media questions in a ten minute period rather than have them be interrupted throughout the day. They stated the other day that the press conferences would allow them to focus and direct their attention to the investigation, while giving the chance for the media to ask all their questions. This seems reasonable to me as it is now nationwide. Also it cuts down on conflicting stories, which was very frustrating in the beginning. I don't think they are holding them for the benefit of the public, but for the benefit of FINDING MOLLY.

BBM
Respectfully in response, we don't know that. BF said that he opened a SC from Mollie at 10:00 p.m. and that he sent her one in the morning. Afaik we don't know the content with the exception of a picture she sent him in a home.

Okay, thank you, that was the first time I heard her responded in the morning, and I’ve been following fairly close on this. Maybe you can help with this other little detail, Mollie had to be at work very early in the morning and her brother sent her a text after 7 am asking if she needed the car to get to work, right? But she would’ve been at work by then...is that correct?

finding an article of clothing along the RAGBRAI route is not newsworthy.

The RAGBRAI route went bye a few miles from there. However, good point. RAGBRAI went thru that area on Thursday July 26. That is thousands of riders and support people from all over the country.

Have you ever seen a presser with a missing person and LE doesn't ask the pubic to be on the look out for someone acting strange, missing work, changes in behavior, etc?? I think they have a very good idea of who has her.

This guy is the DIRECTOR - he is not the information officer. I expected him to be ON TIME, up to date with all details especially when he told the press don't call us, wait for the next PC and I will answer your questions then.

RSBM. He's not the director. He's an assistant director in the Public Information Bureau. See: Iowa Department of Public Safety Public Information Bureau

I don't have the link unfortunately, but it was sort of a big deal here yesterday that the cousin, when being interviewed, said the Snapchat was opened that night, which contrasted with the boyfriend saying he opened it the following morning. Or it could be vice versa, but I know that there was some inconsistency there. Not implying anything other than I wonder if the Snapchat was unusual or alarmed him in any way, since he appeared to be focused on it early, and particularly due to it being sent after he was already in bed.

JMO.
It was your vice versa. He said he opened it around 10pm, not sure when it was sent. The cousin said he opened it in the morning. The 10pm opening is what has been quoted primary source again and again. He also said he sent a text in the morning that she did not read.

I’m wondering this too. An accident that led to panic and hiding the body
One of our employees accidently struck a man with his vehicle on a hwy a few years ago. The man dies. Our employee was so frightened he ran and hid out. This case made the news. Fortunately his brother called my husband, telling him the truth of what had happened. It was a terrible accident. No drugs or alcohol was involved. My husband convinced our employee to turn himself him, which he did. Case solved. The guy did not get charged with a criminal act as the other guy that was struck had run in front of the vehicle and it couldn't have been avoided. But he still ran and hid because he was so frightened and his family knew and were covering for him.

I think the case has generated so much interest because of the way she vanished without a trace. She lived a very normal life in a small town. She had close family and a boyfriend who loved her. She kept in touch regularly on social media. There are no indications that she was suicidal, nor a runaway. And if she was a runaway, she would have needed transportation, because her shared car was at her family's house at the time. So that's not very likely. It looks very much like an abduction, IMHO.

In part, yes. Beautiful, young girl. Life ahead of her. Not a hint of dysfunction really. Safe, small town in middle America. And poof.

Every parent's worst nightmare.

Being as a red shirt has been a main topic of an article to find and now one was found near the pig farm they were searching makes it newsworthy. But I also agree with it being along the RAGBRAI route lends itself to not being "the" red shirt we've been searching for.
The same red shirt that last week we weren’t looking for after all because she wouldn’t have picked it up yet?

Okay, thank you, that was the first time I heard her responded in the morning, and I’ve been following fairly close on this. Maybe you can help with this other little detail, Mollie had to be at work very early in the morning and her brother sent her a text after 7 am asking if she needed the car to get to work, right? But she would’ve been at work by then...is that correct?
She did not respond in the morning.

We don't know what time she had to be to work.

He sent her a text asking if she needed a ride home, but it is not clear if that meant home to her mom's that morning or home from work later in the day.

Then what about her girlfriends ? Especially since she was staying alone somewhere, wouldn’t she be just touching base, chatting with friends? Something is so very off about this. Or maybe LE just isnt elaborating about it.
Very true. And I really would have thought M.and the bride to be would have been communicating, wedding was getting so close. Might be something in one or more texts, SC etc, that gave LE some help, so they won't be releasing or mentioning it yet.

I don't know. I don't know if I recall the FBI being the ones to hold pressers when they're involved. I think they usually leave that to the locals.

His statements (I didn't watch but am going off what you've recited here) about having to check or professing not to know are common ones. I think those are default answers when the real answer is "I need to check if that's something we are allowed to reveal."
I see your point. When/If you do watch I'd be curious to see what you think of his body language today. Local LC seemed no different to me today than other day but State Official seemed quite different and not as in control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892