Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bear with me here, anyone that has a daughter or son the age of Mollie knows how much time they spend on social media...there is a ton of back and forth, especially between BF and GF...she was staying at his place watching his dogs, getting ready for a big trip to the DR ... there was only one Snapchat sent to BF...no goodnight to each other or good morning text ? Hmmm...

It would be really cool if each new thread had a summary of what was learned during the time of the previous thread. I am able to check in once a day and just don't have the time to read through the rest of the thread I am on and then two completely new threads. :(

A red shirt was found? Is that for sure or just speculation based on parsing comments at the presser?

I have heard a cousin say that he opened it the next morning, but I haven't seen him say that. Can you point me toward that, please?

I don't have the link unfortunately, but it was sort of a big deal here yesterday that the cousin, when being interviewed, said the Snapchat was opened that night, which contrasted with the boyfriend saying he opened it the following morning. Or it could be vice versa, but I know that there was some inconsistency there. Not implying anything other than I wonder if the Snapchat was unusual or alarmed him in any way, since he appeared to be focused on it early, and particularly due to it being sent after he was already in bed.

JMO.

JMO
This response really bothered me.
He either flat out lied to the public or he should have known about the red shirt that was talked about all day yesterday by numerous sources.

If he really did not know about it then I am now concerned about how in touch he is with the investigators.
But LE is under no obligation to tell the truth about an open investigation.The only priority is to solve the case. I think he was not telling the truth about the red shirt. jmo

I don't think the boyfriend was into social media before this. He must really hate it now (especially Snapchat).

Then what about her girlfriends ? Especially since she was staying alone somewhere, wouldn’t she be just touching base, chatting with friends? Something is so very off about this. Or maybe LE just isnt elaborating about it.

Bear with me here, anyone that has a daughter or son the age of Mollie knows how much time they spend on social media...there is a ton of back and forth, especially between BF and GF...she was staying at his place watching his dogs, getting ready for a big trip to the DR ... there was only one Snapchat sent to BF...no goodnight to each other or good morning text ? Hmmm...

He texted her good morning.

That night, everyone was in the basement. A tornado struck Marshaltown, not far away. I would not be surprised power went out.
News reports say Mollie went missing on Wednesday, July 18th. The tornados struck Pella and Marshalltown between 2:00-4:30 pm on the afternoon of Thursday, July 19th.

BBM
Respectfully in response, we don't know that. BF said that he opened a SC from Mollie at 10:00 p.m. and that he sent her one in the morning. Afaik we don't know the content with the exception of a picture she sent him in a home.

I'm not even going to ask you for your source, because that is just incorrect.

There are three types of kidnappings.

Family kidnapping 49%
Acquaintance kidnapping 27%
Stranger kidnapping 24%

The family has been cleared. So we can eliminate that possibility. That leaves the other possibilities: acquaintance (53% chance) and stranger (47% chance). For the most part I think her acquaintances have been cleared. They probably have some more investigation to do into that, but I'm sure a lot of acquaintances have been cleared. Which pushes the odds of the kidnapper being a stranger way up.

Thursday Edition: Kidnapping Facts

Ok . Going to throw in the towel and utilize a great feature of websleuths, kaaboom. Bye now

I am feeling completely frustrated so I am taking a break. I am not losing interest, but I have a feeling that this case will if LE doesn’t stop being so tight lipped with everything. Hopefully they already know what has happened and are waiting for the perp to slip up.

I'm eager to get info. But not at all frustrated with LE. Clearly they've been working relentlessly and none of it seems haphazard or unfocused. It really seems targeted. According to reports they've searched one specific square mile radius "non-stop" since she went missing.

They've repeatedly stated they would reveal anything if they felt it would lead to recovering Mollie. I believe them.

To me everything points to them having a direction and reason for such.

But it certainly is frustrating in general to not have info when we've all become vested in the outcome of this sweet girl's case.

Consider this however, those who actually are vested in this in reality, those who are going through a living hell, they've expressed nothing but total support for LE. Do we know more about how LE should be working this case than those who love Mollie the most?

I start to question LE when the loved ones do. Like in Elizabeth Smart's case when her family had to release a composite because LE refused to, still concentrating on a then dead and innocent suspect.

I get that feeling too. I think I didn’t explain my thought very well. If LE is looking at someone he knows well (or anyone from the town), he could be mad that someone he thought he knew or could trust would do something to possibly harm Mollie. JMO because I thought he looked angry compared to last press conference.

Could also be mad for the same reason a lot of people in this very thread are mad at nobody being arrested yet, etc. Remember this is her boyfriend and they are close. Nobody here even met her in real life.

;)
Kevin Winker

"I don’t have any info on a red shirt being found. We are looking at all possibilities for suspects."​
JMO
This response really bothered me.
He either flat out lied to the public or he should have known about the red shirt that was talked about all day yesterday by numerous sources.

If he really did not know about it then I am now concerned about how in touch he is with the investigators.

Me too, Hatfield. My initial post was a rather poor attempt to highlight his unbelievable (to me) comment and how well it is tailored to his name. ;););););)

We have a family snap chat group, all of the boys (sons, nephews, future son in laws etc) are included in it. the girls send snaps all of the time and the boys rarely respond via snap. Usually the boys just text but they want to see the snaps

Perhaps this was an innocent accident and that person is afraid to come forward.
To my knowledge we have no evidence of any violence in this case. We have no knowledge of her having been stalked, no evidence of anyone being upset with her, no evidence of any struggle, no evidence of her being kidnapped, no evidence of her being alive or dead. Only that she is missing.

I’m wondering this too. An accident that led to panic and hiding the body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member