Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article it sounds like she stayed there often.

"Mollie sometimes changed for work at her mom’s house before taking the Pontiac but also kept clothes and possessions at Dalton Jack’s house.

'She sort of lived across both houses, she had her stuff in both places,' he told DailyMail.com.

Jack said Mollie would sometimes borrow his truck, a Dodge Ram 1500, and head straight to work without stopping in at her mom’s place."

Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online
Any indication or news that the truck had been driven at any time or she went anywhere else during the day? I haven’t seen that mentioned so I imagine not unless I missed it?

Sorry if repost:
Everything we know so far about the disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts

“It’s been more than two weeks since a 20-year-old college student disappeared from the small city of Brooklyn, Iowa...”

Ugh, over 2 weeks...not good.
I was thinking about the horrible conditions AH was living under at the hands of Kibby while being in captivity for what was it, 9 months????unspeakable...straw and fish tank for water, T-shirt over her head with a motorcycle helmet over top, hot storage container...restrained...assaulted...:( :( I hope she is doing okay......

This is just awful. Her parents seem so strong. I feel for them and her boyfriend. I know we all do.

Last edited:
This is looking more and more like a stranger abduction, and possibly just an unfortunate encounter for Mollie. I'm scared it is like the Hernadez case in NH... where someone was driving through, saw the girl, kidnapped her...and no one knew who it was.

It's rare, yet it does happen. Look how the case with Abby and Libby. Both murdered within a tight timeline, yet to my knowledge, we haven't heard how they were murdered, and no one has been arrested for their murders, despite having audio and video of the suspect.

In Mollie's case, I don't think LE even have video of a vehicle, person, or anything. Just vanished.

Last edited:
This is looking more and more like a stranger abduction, and possibly just an unfortunate encounter for Mollie. I'm scared it is like the Hernadez case in NH... where someone was driving through, saw the girl, kidnapped her...and no one knew who it was.

It's rare, yet it does happen. Look how the case with Abby and Libby. Both murdered within a tight timeline, yet to my knowledge, we haven't heard how they were murdered, and no one has been arrested for their murders, despite having audio and video of the suspect.

In Mollie's case, I don't think LE even have video of a vehicle, person, or anything. Just vanished.
(Jinx, just mentioned both cases you just referenced)

I'm leaning the same way, not by a great deal but slightly more than a known abductor (even though it is statistically more probable in most cases). I think she was encountered on her jog, or simply while she was outside.
I mentioned it yesterday but in the Vanessa Marcotte case, she was attacked and murdered while jogging, in a rural area. Everyone thought that she must have known her attacker, and he likely was from the same small town, as there would be little reason for a predator to simply encounter her in the middle of nowhere. It turned out that he was from a couple towns over, and knew the area from his delivery route. He returned on his off day and attacked Vanessa while she was jogging. Like Mollie, Vanessa was an avid runner, and she was simply visiting from out of state. She ran a regular route when she visited, which was often. I'd be curious to know if Mollie kept a regular schedule as well.

Thinking out loud, parks, wildlife refuges, dirt roads, bridges, rest stops...

How far are the county lines in all directions?

I just need to stare at a map. Will check the media thread for latest case map.

I’m starting all over. Appreciate being here with you guys and having this discussion. A lot of people putting their heads together for Mollie.

Last edited:
I'm leaning the same way, not by a great deal but slightly more than a known abductor (even though it is statistically more probable in most cases). I think she was encountered on her jog, or simply while she was outside.
I mentioned it yesterday but in the Vanessa Marcotte case, she was attacked and murdered while jogging, in a rural area. Everyone thought that she must have known her attacker, and he likely was from the same small town, as there would be little reason for a predator to simply encounter her in the middle of nowhere. It turned out that he was from a couple towns over, and knew the area from his delivery route. He returned on his off day and attacked Vanessa while she was jogging. Like Mollie, Vanessa was an avid runner, and she was simply visiting from out of state. She ran a regular route when she visited, which was often. I'd be curious to know if Mollie kept a regular schedule as well.
Again “delivery route” potentially stands out to me.

From the article it sounds like she stayed there often.

"Mollie sometimes changed for work at her mom’s house before taking the Pontiac but also kept clothes and possessions at Dalton Jack’s house.

'She sort of lived across both houses, she had her stuff in both places,' he told DailyMail.com.

Jack said Mollie would sometimes borrow his truck, a Dodge Ram 1500, and head straight to work without stopping in at her mom’s place."

Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online

Sounds like she would do this on the way to work in the morning. Another timeframe to consider.

Mollie sometimes changed for work at her mom’s house before taking the Pontiac but also kept clothes and possessions at Dalton Jack’s house.

(Jinx, just mentioned both cases you just referenced)
I was thinking tonight of some of the more memorable cases I've followed. Samantha Koenig and Kristi Cornwall. Both have threads here somewhere. LE in Sam's case was really tight lipped. As it turned out, her Dad had received a ransome call from her abductor. He turned out to be a serial killer, Israel Keyes. Sorry for the off topic, just seems like we have lull and I thought some of you might welcome a distraction.

I am the poster who mentioned not realizing the boys have their mother’s surname. I based that off photo captions from the Gazette. I have attached one. It’s definitely possible the captions are incorrect. However, I do know, from personal experience, that blood relation cannot be determined strictly via physical resemblance.

Confirming the photo are incorrect! They identify Mollie's father correctly as Rob Tibbetts, incorrectly id Laura as "Laura Tibbetts" but correctly Id the photo as taken in front of "Laura Calderwood's" home. This is also the first time I've seen Jake and Scott with Mom's name which I'm assuming also in error.

Missing Iowa student's boyfriend: 'Just imagine if somebody had taken your Mollie'

“The couple chatted via text messages and social media on July 18, just before Tibbetts went out for her evening run which, Jack said, was her regular routine.

"We were just having conversations on and off through text and Snapchat, and that was about all. It seemed like a totally normal night," he said on "GMA."”

-I’m leaning more and more towards the strong possibility of a random abduction. Again could be someone nearby or an acquaintance, but I would think LE would be On to them by now, of course ARS, Jessica R’s killer might not have ever been caught had his mother not done the right thing and called police. And he was right there the whole time.

I woooonder if we could be dealing with a younger perp here...idk....no telling at this point.

I think somebody very very bad has her. I know this is no epiphany, just sayin. The longer I’m here the worse I’m feeling about this.

Last edited:
Missing Iowa student's boyfriend: 'Just imagine if somebody had taken your Mollie'

“The couple chatted via text messages and social media on July 18, just before Tibbetts went out for her evening run which, Jack said, was her regular routine.

"We were just having conversations on and off through text and Snapchat, and that was about all. It seemed like a totally normal night," he said on "GMA."”

-I’m leaning more and more towards the strong possibility of a random abduction. Again could be someone nearby or an acquaintance, but I would think LE would be On to them by now, of course ARS, Jessica R’s killer might not have ever been caught had his mother not done the right thing and called police. And he was right there the whole time.

I woooonder if we could be dealing with a younger perp here...idk....no telling at this point.

I think somebody very very bad has her. I know this is no epiphany, jus sayin. The longer I’m here the worse I’m feeling about this.
I'm most concerned about the "routine" part. This is something that people who know her are going to know, but so are people who don't, people who just see this young lady jogging every night at around the same time. That aspect makes her vulnerable.

All the cases that I have in mind include an attack in the immediate area. They are encountered upon a trail or road and forced into the woods, where the assault and murder occurs. A difference here is geography. The perp could use a cornfield, but assuming that he has a vehicle, it might be conspicuous on the side of the road. This would necessitate transportation to another area.
Jumping off this post sometimes these dirtbags want to get them back to their home because they have certain things there...and they want them alive for a while. I’ll spare details from other cases.

So is this one of these types, vs one who would immediately assault nearby and dump, again if this is the situation (abduction for SA motive).

Jumping off this post sometimes these dirtbags want to get them back to their home because they have certain things there...and they want them alive for a while. I’ll spare details from other cases.

So is this one of these types, vs one who would immediately assault nearby and dump, again if this is the situation (abduction for SA motive).
I think this was sexually motivated, but I think he did take her away from there in a vehicle. I think he would have risked being spotted had he not done that (remained in the area). I also think we’d have found a body by now if the attack was limited to that area.

Last edited:
I think this was sexually motivated, but I think he did take her away from there in a vehicle. I think he would have risked being spotted bad he not done that. I also think we’d have found a body by now if the attack was limited to that area.
Seems we are on possible similar vibes here.
Often these nutjobs have their vehicles prepped for restraint and assault for the trip.

This is what they found in Jeffrey Willis’ vehicle for example: (still looking for the correct link with photo, here’s one for now)
Jeffrey Willis trial: A tool box in his van and the Tool Box Killers
In progress (which o:t by the way folks I’ve been waaiting for the girls’ thread to open back up, (Abby and Libby), bc I’ve been dying to compare this rope in JW’s can as an example to the kind of rope I suspect is in BG’s jacket. Posting this so I don’t forget but I about jumped out of my chair when I saw it. It’s similar to the rope I’ve posted before. Moo)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member