Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to this article about an accident where a man fell into a hog slurry pit in a bobcat, the entire body would be decomposed within a few weeks, including bones. Grizzly, awful things to think about. Let's hope nobody has taken those measures. Body in hog lagoon likely decomposed
The good thing, if you can call it that, from this article is that they talk about both divers and sonar being used. In this one it says the sonar wasn't working but they thought due to clay in the lagoon not the actual manure and whatnot. So it seems like it would be possible to search for a body if LE felt that it was necessary (and/or they could have already used sonar potentially).

My own theory is that she connected on SC with someone she knew, not a close friend, but someone from her past. They exchanged a few SCs, s/he invited Mollie to hang out, and she went voluntarily, thinking s/he was harmless. (all the night of 7/18) Hoping LE has identified this person, interviewed them, and is keeping them under surveillance, hoping s/he’ll lead them to Mollie.

side note: Is that too many pronouns? Can’t tell if my words are accurately expressing what’s in my head.
I see this scenario as very possible, too. I wish at the very least, a timeline would be confirmed. I am getting a "Criminal Minds" vibe from this case, though. With an entire team of FBI agents present behind the scenes, and her family telling her to "hang in there" at least in the first press conference, it does almost seem that they think she is being held by a sophisticated, dangerous individual. It actually feels like a real-life episode of Criminal Minds, at least to me. But time will tell. If this was someone in her circle, whether it be an acquaintance even, I think this case would have been solved. I could be wrong, but my feeling is that this could be due to a potential serial predator. I feel like all the effort being put in and the hush-hush nature of the case so far points to this conclusion.

Just throwing it out there as something I've noticed, but the overwhelming majority of times that MT's brothers or boyfriend appear on camera they are wearing a Bears (the high school mascot) Football shirt. And two of the three graduated 3yrs ago, so these are old shirts. With as careful as I know every detail is I don't know that I think this is a coincidence, with as strongly rooted in a "brotherhood" the sport of football is amongst teams, I think its possible a current or former teammate is responsible for her disappearance and this is a reminder of that bond to this person as an attempt to prevent them from doing the unthinkable and hurting her.

Were any of the people close to Mollie going through major life changes? Sometimes major life changes might cause people to do foolish or out-of-character things.
AFAIK, the most significant change made public is the remarriage of Mollie's Dad in early June, where Mollie acted as her Dad's "best man." Her new step-mom was also introduced at today's PC.

The difference being this is an extremely rare situation for this town and violence in Chicago is now commonplace.

That's what I meant by why it's a MSM frenzy. ;)

It happened in Smalltownsville USA in a city that you wouldn't remember if you drove through. I'm pretty sure I've driven through Brooklyn at some point in my life (live in MN) but don't recall since it's that tiny. Things like this aren't supposed to happen in towns like Brooklyn, IA. You are correct if someone got kidnapped and murdered in Chicago, it might make page 6 of the local paper.

Just throwing it out there as something I've noticed, but the overwhelming majority of times that MT's brothers or boyfriend appear on camera they are wearing a Bears (the high school mascot) Football shirt. And two of the three graduated 3yrs ago, so these are old shirts. With as careful as I know every detail is I don't know that I think this is a coincidence, with as strongly rooted in a "brotherhood" the sport of football is amongst teams, I think its possible a current or former teammate is responsible for her disappearance and this is a reminder of that bond to this person as an attempt to prevent them from doing the unthinkable and hurting her.
Again I wonder who might have known Molly would be there (obviously)...anyone have a secret sick crush on her that knew her through a common person.

I see this scenario as very possible, too. I wish at the very least, a timeline would be confirmed. I am getting a "Criminal Minds" vibe from this case, though. With an entire team of FBI agents present behind the scenes, and her family telling her to "hang in there" at least in the first press conference, it does almost seem that they think she is being held by a sophisticated, dangerous individual. It actually feels like a real-life episode of Criminal Minds, at least to me. But time will tell. If this was someone in her circle, whether it be an acquaintance even, I think this case would have been solved. I could be wrong, but my feeling is that this could be due to a potential serial predator. I feel like all the effort being put in and the hush-hush nature of the case so far points to this conclusion.
I don't think that the family telling her to hang in there, and law enforcement statements that jibe with that sentiment, actually reflect any information that they have about her in fact, being alive. Preservation of life is number one, and until you have confirmation otherwise, is the posture that LE usually adopts. The family just doesn't want to give up hope.

Is there a particular video interview with Dalton where he says he doesn't want to think about what happened, and he repeats the last words a few times? I don't fancy trying to find it, especially if it's on one of those sites that doesn't allow visitors from the EU, but I'd appreciate if anyone can confirm or deny the repetition of those words.

The snapchat sticks out to me because an LE asked Mollie’s mom if Mollie was in A house. Not her house or some house, but A house at 9:45, I think the time was.

The LE took pictures of the interior of the pig farmer’s house. LE has access to all kinds of photo enhancement equioment. So it makes me think that there is something about that snap.

How does the red shirt fit in? Maybe the perp made her put it on?

Another thing: the Youtuber Gray Hughes pointed out that they wouldn't have sent out all of those officers and cars if the red t-shirt found by the person mowing their field didn't fit the description of Mollie's camp t-shirt. That is, the red t-shirt was almost certainly Molly's --- and that's not a good sign.
I’m not convinced they know whether it’s Mollie’s. We haven’t heard anything about the condition of the shirt. For all we know, it could have been out there for months, ripped and muddy. The camp shirt has a logo or something, so of course if that’s visible, then it’s pretty obvious. But if the shirt found is in bad condition, it may not be able to tell immediately.

Holy moly! These threads are moving faster than anything I've ever seen. I'm traveling, and unfortunately, I've been busy since 5 pm yesterday with a 3-hour flight delay, a canceled connection flight, booking a new flight, dealing with an incredibly clogged and crowded airport in Charlotte, locating a nearby hotel with vacancy at 1 am, etc. ANYWAY... there have been THREE new threads opened since just 5 pm yesterday. WOWZERS!!

There's no way I can go back and read all of the posts in the other two threads because I'd never be able to catch up if I did. However, I'm very glad to see so much interest in the case and hope this recent movement means that LE is getting closer to finding Mollie!!

That's an interesting take, and quite possible as well. Conversely, small town folks - particularly in a state like Iowa - practically worship their local sports franchises, so I don't see it being too unusual for young men to pay homage on a near daily basis.

JMO.

I don't think that the family telling her to hang in there, and law enforcement statements that jibe with that sentiment, actually reflect any information that they have about her in fact, being alive. Preservation of life is number one, and until you have confirmation otherwise, is the posture that LE usually adopts. The family just doesn't want to give up hope.
Hope is all they have right now.

Holy moly! These threads are moving faster than anything I've ever seen. I'm traveling, and unfortunately, I've been busy since 5 pm yesterday with a 3-hour flight delay, a canceled connection flight, booking a new flight, dealing with an incredibly clogged and crowded airport in Charlotte, locating a nearby hotel with vacancy at 1 am, etc. ANYWAY... there have been THREE new threads opened since just 5 pm yesterday. WOWZERS!!

There's no way I can go back and read all of the posts in the other two threads because I'd never be able to catch up if I did. However, I'm very glad to see so much interest in the case and hope this recent movement means that LE is getting closer to finding Mollie!!
The threads are moving much faster than the case unfortunately. We continue to speculate without much new information.

Im in agreement.

If LE had a definite POI and that person was at home I think they would have hauled them down for questioning multiple times by now.

Which tells me one of two things.

Either they have a definite POI and he/she is missing along with Mollie or
they still have not identified a specific POI yet.

Or it is someone who is really close to her and they questioned that person the first day or two as part of the initial investigation and they are watching them. Maybe someone who originally had an alibi.

According to this article about an accident where a man fell into a hog slurry pit in a bobcat, the entire body would be decomposed within a few weeks, including bones. Grizzly, awful things to think about. Let's hope nobody has taken those measures. Body in hog lagoon likely decomposed

Nice find. Very Interesting. Sounds like farmers will put chemicals in the lagoons to help break down organic matter similar to the chemicals a homeowner has to put in a spetic tank.

So maybe it is much more acidic than I realized. The bones would be the last to go according to the farmer

"body tissue would disintegrate quickly - within just a few days. He said by this time, he believes the bones are in an advanced state of decomposition, due to the high amount of manure from the hogs."

Body in hog lagoon likely decomposed

The lack of information from LE is reminding me of the case of the beautiful, talented Jessie Blodgett that took place five summers ago in my hometown (there is a thread on her if you are interested). Her life was taken from her one morning while she was in bed and her parents were at work. There was national coverage, and MSM mentioned POIs, but those of us in this small mid-western town knew who it was all along (I have a daughter two years younger than Jessie and the rumor mill was accurate), and it wasn't the POIs being mentioned. Although I don't think the FBI was involved, our amazing small town police force put a lot of information together and got the right guy, while remaining tightlipped. Anyway, my point is, small town people talk and I am sure that LE, and most likely the family, know exactly what is going on. They just have to dot their "i"s and cross their "t"s. I have faith in this police force and the FBI manpower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiprocker