Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still 2 pages from finishing the last thread but wanted to respond to this IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11 @DocBrew

It is the opposite (unless there is an article/interview where Dalton states he opened the snap the next day). MC (cousin) says in this interview that Dalton opened the snap the next day: Missing Mom Bellamy Gamboa, Hear Desperate 911 Call; Where Is Mollie Tibbetts? - Crime Stories With Nancy Grace (podcast)

Dalton says he opened the snap around 10PM: Boyfriend of missing college student not a suspect

Around 10 p.m. last Wednesday, Jack opened a SnapChat message from his girlfriend. He said when he opened it, he expected to talk to her again soon.

"It was just a selfie with a caption, and I don't remember what the caption said," he said. "It looked like she was inside."

It's unclear what time Tibbetts sent the message, but Jack told ABC News that it would have been part of her routine to go running a few hours before the time he opened it.

Thanks for assembling the links in one post! I'm flabbergasted that DJ video in his own words describing himself opening Mollie's snap chat around 10pm, and numerous news reports attributing their information coming directly from DJ (and not some unnamed source), are still being overruled by Mollie's cousin who misspoke on NG radio show. Ouch, it hurts my head....

Last edited:
Just throwing it out there as something I've noticed, but the overwhelming majority of times that MT's brothers or boyfriend appear on camera they are wearing a Bears (the high school mascot) Football shirt. And two of the three graduated 3yrs ago, so these are old shirts. With as careful as I know every detail is I don't know that I think this is a coincidence, with as strongly rooted in a "brotherhood" the sport of football is amongst teams, I think its possible a current or former teammate is responsible for her disappearance and this is a reminder of that bond to this person as an attempt to prevent them from doing the unthinkable and hurting her.
Interesting thoughts. So do you think that her inner circle has a suspect in mind? Perhaps someone that was obsessed with her. I get mixed vibes from all this.

As we’ve considered in Abby’s and Libby’s case, perhaps someone in the area for work, farm delivery driver etc..

Was there a Fair/Carnival/Circus that was passing through the town at that time? I recall reading that in one of the threads, and am curious if it coincided directly with her disappearance.

Has this video been posted before?

Boyfriend of missing Iowa student speaks out

It's an ABC news segment with some info and an interview with Mollie's boyfriend, Dalton.
I have to say, I don’t think I could have handled the situation with the press as well as he has When I was his age. And the news (to me at least) that Mollie was maid of honor just breaks my heart more.

I'm getting the feeling this is the darkish of the quaint small town life. Everyone seems distantly related and thus nobody wants to talk. This is what is happening in the Rhoden family murders, a small town where 7 or 8 members of the same family were murdered on the same night in 3 different locations and two years later there is surprisingly no trail of evidence.

In Brooklyn, we are seeing a lot of the same surnames pop up, the neighbor has the same last name as the girl who is identified as MT's cousin. The sheriff has the same last name as someone who commented on MT's instagram picture when DJ gave her the promise ring that this means they would someday be cousins. The dad's plea about not wanting to say anything because it means someone in your family might be implicated, the mom basically telling the kidnapper all would be well and they could just to take the money and run, the brother saying he is disappointed, all of this suggests to me they know there is a connection to this person and their family.
Absolutely true. For this reason I am glad LE from OUTSIDE the area is involved. With the extent of the digital footprint of MT, my best guess is that this case will be solved one way or another. What remains to be seen is whether the good (and intertwined and no doubt scared) citizens of Brooklyn step up to the plate to help one of their own (maybe she and her family aren't considered one of their own because they haven't been in the area all that long and this could be an issue at hand possibly). At this point I am not at all certain the local citizens will step up so the case will be solved DESPITE them and not BECAUSE of them which makes me profoundly sad about the state of relationships in small town USA! The press in this case has been surprisingly weak IMO in terms of developing back story or doing any level of investigative journalism (a couple of exceptions but honestly not many). I asked a few threads back why folks thought the journalism is the way it is in this case and didn't get much in the way of feedback. MSM seems totally reactive at best.

Sorry for the cryptic post-
It’s interesting when you search the sex offender database for the surrounding towns and a last name rings a bell. It’s curious that this offender has/had a P.O. box in Brooklyn. May be a coincidence but proximity...

Please let me know if this post violates any forum rules and i’ll delete this

There are large fans on the building that draws in fresh air. Here is an article about a father and son who were killed when they entered the pit.

Iowa father, son die from manure pit fumes

These cases sometimes force us to delve into tough topics and the hog farm slurry pit in this case is one of those things. Its important though to consider because until we know what happened to her then it remains a possibility.

I appreciate those on the thread that have been able to share some about these farms and how really large they are. Ive seen some really large commercial chicken pens so I kind of get the idea. Its not for the faint of heart.

I am familiar with the odor of hog waist though and I do know how incredibly strong and foul it can get. I was downwind one time of a smaller hog farm and the odor would literally burn your eyes.

I’m not convinced they know whether it’s Mollie’s. We haven’t heard anything about the condition of the shirt. For all we know, it could have been out there for months, ripped and muddy. The camp shirt has a logo or something, so of course if that’s visible, then it’s pretty obvious. But if the shirt found is in bad condition, it may not be able to tell immediately.
After only 3 weeks in the elements this shirt would be very recognizable. You could probably toss it in the wash and wear it.

Attachments

• 835BFF2C-5832-4A86-B73A-8A30F399D3D2.jpeg
    835BFF2C-5832-4A86-B73A-8A30F399D3D2.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 47
Was there a Fair/Carnival/Circus that was passing through the town at that time? I recall reading that in one of the threads, and am curious if it coincided directly with her disappearance.

The county fair. In Iowa, these fairs are small and usually 4-H club focused. I haven’t been to the fair in Grinnell, but I live in Iowa and have taken my kids to many county fairs. They aren’t the transient/carney cliche type fairs that some people envision. More of the quilt and pie contest type fairs. 4-H kids showing off their prized animals to win scholarships for school. Food on a stick and other vendors who hire high school kids to work concessions. The rides are a small focus.

Last edited:
So what seems to be the overall consensus here? Not that our opinion matters in reality, but curious to see what people's thoughts are, especially those of individuals who are experienced sleuths.

I noticed that too and wondered if he is wondering if someone in the crowd took his Mollie. I’m not saying we should be suspicious of the press, just that I’ve heard other people who’ve gone through things like this say that they scanned the faces of everyone they saw wondering if they could be the perp. I feel so bad for all of them. And wished someone had been there specifically for mom today.

I noticed the same thing.. The Dad is still looking for MT.. He was scanning and looking at every face in the audience, probably waiting for someone to even blink the wrong way. Also, LE could have told him in a pre PC briefing to watch for signs during the PC. JMO

I'm more familiar with lagoons for cattle, which use larger ones than hogs, but for a large farm, they could easily hold 1000 tanker trucks of waste. But, a caveat to that is that it's summer right now, so the hog lagoons have likely been used to fertilize crops this summer, and are probably at fairly low capacity right now.

Manure is applied to the fields after the crops are harvested which is generally in October, November.

The county fair. In Iowa, these fairs are small and usually 4-H club focused. I haven’t been to the fair in Grinell, but I live in Iowa and have taken my kids to many county fairs. They aren’t the transient/carney cliche type fairs that some people envision. More of the quilt and pie contest type fairs. 4-H kids showing off their prized animals to win scholarships for school. Food on a stick and other vendors who hire high school kids to work concessions. The rides are a small focus.
Yes that’s what I remember in a post...Location, distance..was Mollie’s jogging area /bf’s house along the potential route? Sorry if already discussed.

Is there a particular video interview with Dalton where he says he doesn't want to think about what happened, and he repeats the last words a few times? I don't fancy trying to find it, especially if it's on one of those sites that doesn't allow visitors from the EU, but I'd appreciate if anyone can confirm or deny the repetition of those words.

Should be in this one. It's in the article, anyway

Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend, brothers, father urge witnesses to 'come forward' in exclusive interviews

"I mean everybody has their own theories but I’m just kind of leaving it up to the law enforcement trying to figure that one out," he said. "I don’t want to go racking it through my brain thinking of what happened, what happened, what happened. Just driving myself insane."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiprocker