Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember a while back that it was reported that the investigators had taken security footage from Caseys gas station in town? That to me indicates that they think the perp may have driven some distance on the way into Brooklyn, IA.

That coupled with the statements about "who was in town that night" and the fact that LE is sharing no information at all and other comments they've made tells me that they know who it is, and it's somebody close to Mollie who had to drive into town from a long enough distance that they may have needed to refuel when they arrived.

The gas station looks like it could be on her running route as well, so they may have just been trying to confirm a sighting/get a time. She also could have had to stop there due to a storm passing through and they were checking to see if someone offered her a ride.

JMO.

Anyone know where she was dropped off from? Or where her brother went after (why not leave the car with her for the night, if he knew she’d need it the next morning?)
I believe he dropped her off after work. They shared the car so maybe he needed the car that night and she might have been staying home to study. This is just conjecture as we don't have any info.

It sounds like either she went missing while on a run, or whatever happened occurred just as she was entering or exiting the house. Otherwise she'd have to not change and still be wearing her iPhone band and be using her headphones.

That article mentions the person who last saw her jogging. Do we know if he has been cleared by police?

When did it start raining?

Me too. Because if she made it home after her run, where are her dirty running clothes? No doubt she would have taken them off to shower as soon as she got home. As silly as DM can be sometimes, this article finally seems to give us some answers!!!

Sometimes runners keep their running apparel on after runs. It's very possible she kept them on, especially knowing she was going to walk over to mom's house for dinner later, which is a 1-mile, 20+ min walk.

From the DailyMail article:

"Mollie would often walk from Dalton Jack's place back to her mom's house in Bear Drive to eat with her brothers Scott, 17 and Jake, 21."

After reading that, I know believe this is when the tragedy happened. Sometime late at night when it was dark.

You did and are exactly correct. However, LE is sometime ambiguous with statements to the public that are sometimes misleading. Like, "she was last seen wearing her running gear." Is that what they think she was still wearing because they know if the running gear was in the laundry at the house or is gone? Another is "we can't tell you why she is missing" - is that they don't know or they are choosing not to tell?
So, they don't lie but you have to listen to their statements carefully.
I can't find the video but if the cops said something like, "Her boyfriend is 'currently' not a suspect." - they can obviously go back on that. If they said, "He's completely ruled out" then yeah. It's closed.

Why do they keep reporting the sports top/bra if the red shirt found was in fact Mollies?

If she’s not wearing a shirt, we can assume she is now only wearing a bra, nude or topless ?

One theory points to her abducted post jog/late night, and the other points to an abduction pre-work in the early am.

It seriously creates confusion!

I was wondering also about the boyfriend after I saw him on the news the other day, and then today on whatever news I was listening to they said that someone was not cooperating by submitting to a lie detector test. No clue who they were talking about - I am not caught up on the details of this case yet.
BF was cleared by LE. Think discussion is offlimits. Would hate to have thread closed.

How could Mollie vanish without a trace?
Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online
"It was reported that a red t-shirt linked to Mollie's job had been found, but her mom says her daughter owned two of those shirts and they are both in her room."
  • Calderwood said she does not believe her daughter returned to the home after her jog because the two dogs were found locked in the basement. 'If she slept at the house that night they would have been on the bed with her.'
  • Jack said: 'If someone was coming for Mollie, one of the dogs, the lab-pit mix which is the bigger of the two, would probably have done something about it.'
  • Investigators are believed to have found evidence Mollie had been using her MacBook Pro laptop on the evening of July 18. Calderwood said that a look at the internet history suggested Mollie had been working on a homework assignment for her Roman Civilization class.
  • Mollie's mom said that everything she took on her run, including her iPhone, FitBit, earbuds and an armband have not been located.
  • It was reported that Mollie's red t-shirt had been found, but her mom says Mollie owned two of them and they are both in her room. Mollie may have had a 3rd shirt which is missing, but her mom is unsure.
  • Her car, a wallet containing a driving license and debit card, and an unused passport, have all been located, according to her mother.
  • Laura Calderwood said Mollie ran for about 45 minutes every evening.
  • She left Dalton's home and was last seen by a neighbor, Nate Hopwood, who lives a few hundred yards away in West Pershing Drive.
  • Snap Inc. says the reason they often will not be able to retrieve Snap content is that they delete each snap from their servers once all recipients have viewed it.

Kudos and huge thumbs up to the DM (a UK publication) for actually getting some interesting information. DK why local and Iowa press couldn't do the same thing? Very strange indeed.

I get the impression the local news organisations and Iowa news are probably working with local law enforcement to some extent and are not publishing what they don’t want publicly known. A large international media organisation like the Daily Mail won’t be.

Police don't lie to the media?
Really?
Prime example:
Police: "We are not treating this incident as a terror-related attack. 1-2 days later. Police: "It was a terror attack."

I can't find the video but if the cops said something like, "Her boyfriend is 'currently' not a suspect." - they can obviously go back on that. If they said, "He's completely ruled out" then yeah. It's closed.

I asked for this information earlier but nobody has posted it. I'd like to see any documentation of LE officially ruling anybody out in this investigation.

Whether they paid for it or not, they got more info than anyone else has.
My guess is yes but we clearly DK. But I do know DM has $$$ to pay when necessary to get the scoop and they can be relentless. Anyone have any deets on the person working for the DM that wrote the article as he now seems to be local. Could certainly make the coverage a bit more interesting to say the least.

Since this case broke, I felt it was a stranger abduction. A predator in the fields was watching her. But the confusion of timelines and where she was and what she was doing is hard to figure. I know LE is holding facts backs, and admitted the confusion for the public isn’t intentional, but that they can’t release all the information they have. Who got a Snapchat when, who texted who, what was happening with the computer, the red shirt in a field... She seems liked an average college student who is missing, but there is more here than meets the eye.

It's entirely possible that the intent was not to commit a crime until it happened in a heat-of-passion moment.

Then it likely would not have occurred at the home and more than likely have occurred while on her run. To me, that would be difficult to believe due to if a perp was coming in from out of town to talk to her and then did something to her in a heat of passion moment, it would more than likely have occurred in the home, which has been reported pretty much undisturbed. Likewise, if she and this person made plans to go somewhere, she would have almost certainly changed clothes and taken her wallet/ID.

JMO.

I get the impression the local news organisations and Iowa news are probably working with local law enforcement to some extent and are not publishing what they don’t want publicly known. A large international media organisation like the Daily Mail won’t be.
You might be right. Hope whatever they are doing is in the best interests of finding MT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member