Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cornfields are one of the easiest types of ground cover to search. A group of people can 100% cover a corn field easily in a short amount of time. That said, there are way too many square miles of corn to search it all.
Not right now, this corn is dense. If searcher were to walk a field they would need to be spaced no more than every other row as you can’t even see something on the ground two rows away.

Has anybody ever seen a point of entry in a corn field? Curious. I think I'll google it. I passed a field of Soy Beans yesterday and think walking through them would trample and show up. Sure can't see where this deer came out of.
july-cornfield.jpg

If you’re referring to WC, he’s not local. There’s really no reason to think he knows anybody in Brooklyn nor would they know him.
Where I live, 15 minutes is definitely local! My son's school is a 25 minute drive. Most people we know are 30 or 40 minutes away. We all go to the same stores and can run into each other anywhere.

There is no need for element of surprise they already have taken their initial interview. It seems that there is pressure being placed on him right now. The FBI knows he isn’t going anywhere plus he refused a polygraph. Pro tip #1 if the FBI ever asks you to take a polygraph Lawyer up.
IDK

Every time an FBI agent shows up my heart rate gets faster. :)

There is no need for element of surprise they already have taken their initial interview. It seems that there is pressure being placed on him right now. The FBI knows he isn’t going anywhere plus he refused a polygraph. Pro tip #1 if the FBI ever asks you to take a polygraph Lawyer up.

What if you can't afford a lawyer? Can you ask for a public defender if you haven't been charged with a crime?

Yup. And also, I still wonder if someone hit her while she was jogging, intentionally or not, and she flew into the corn fields, though I guess her phone would still ping and they would be able to find her relatively quickly. I guess if someone hit her and panicked, they could have disposed of the body elsewhere though

That's something I've wondered about. Hit and runs are very common, of course--emphasis on run. The impulse is to step on the gas and get away.

I've heard of a couple of horrible cases where someone was hit, catapulted through the windshield, or entangled in the undercarriage, and carried off, because the driver was too incapacitated to act sanely.

I've actually never heard of a missing person case that was solved by proving that someone had accidentally hit the person, and then had scooped up the body to take somewhere and hide it. Can anyone name a case like that?

A couple more details I don't think I've seen in the threads yet in this article:

FBI speaks to pig farmer for second time about missing Mollie Tibbetts

ETA: I left the names in because it's a direct quote from the article, but I'm not sure if they should be changed to initials per thread guidance?

Thanks for that. I found the following sentence in the article" "News of the FBI visit came as the reward for information leading the missing woman’s whereabouts climbed to $220,000."

I thought the reward would be paid for the "safe return" of Mollie, which strikes me as a very specific condition. I just wonder if that little detail may deter a tipster from speaking up or calling in. If they have some info about the case that might lead to the perp or remains, that "safe return" stipulation may get in the way. MOO

That's right.
Possibly, but don't they all go to the same regional schools?
Brooklyn-Guernsey-Malcom Community School District
It's BGM.

Rural people are like city people, only they live in the country. Ha!

Seriously compress the miles between houses into feet in a city. They know. They know most people in the county and likely next county too.

I keep thinking that she might have been offered a ride to work that morning by someone else who was also going to where she worked. Possibly someone who worked there and/or someone who had reason to be there for another reason and had previously overheard her mentioning she would be staying alone at her boyfriend's house.

Possibly, but don't they all go to the same regional schools?
Brooklyn-Guernsey-Malcom Community School District

That's right. It's BGM.

Rural people are like city people, only they live in the country. Ha.

Look at the area as a county. Everyone knows everyone in the county, and likely the next county too. They have indoor plumbing, TV, cable and some even have internet. :)

If the FBI schedules a visit with you, and tells you they are coming, it’s not an urgency.

Maybe they want to see if he tries to run.
If they really think he’s the perp they might have 24/7 surveillance an him?
Probably a stupid thought and way off. :confused:

Where I live, 15 minutes is definitely local! My son's school is a 25 minute drive. Most people we know are 30 or 40 minutes away. We all go to the same stores and can run into each other anywhere.
That’s where the relationship between Brooklyn and Deep River / Guernsey is diffent. They’re not likely to go in the same direction. The Deep River / Guernsey folk are linked to the communities to their south.

If the FBI schedules a visit with you, and tells you they are coming, it’s not an urgency.

More likely meant as a threat, perhaps intended to spur some sort of action. Phone call, meet-up with someone, visit to a certain area, etc.
I agree with the posters who feel WC is not the perp, but he may be connected to someone who is ...

Not right now, this corn is dense. If searcher were to walk a field they would need to be spaced no more than every other row as you can’t even see something on the ground two rows away.

I would not search a cornfield in August without a phone, a periscope, a big knife, and a backpack. Bad things happen in cornfields.

Last edited:
I'm assuming LE knows when MT signed on/off her computer, and I am assuming she used it for homework. (so far, 2 assumptions...). Assuming (3) she signed-off her computer, couldn't LE or FBI discover what time that occurred?? They would then know the time -- seems to me her folks and/or bf should know if she would go jogging after that time. i.e., If she signed-off at 10:30pm or at 1:00am, was she likely to go out & jog? Maybe all of this been covered & I missed it...
Just wondering.

That's something I've wondered about. Hit and runs are very common, of course--emphasis on run. The impulse is to step on the gas and get away.

I've heard of a couple of horrible cases where someone was hit, catapulted through the windshield, or entangled in the undercarriage, and carried off, because the driver was too incapacitated to act sanely.

I've actually never heard of a missing person case that was solved by proving that someone had accidentally hit the person, and then had scooped up the body to take somewhere and hide it. Can anyone name a case like that?

Possible. However an event like you describe is more a problem in an assault. Didn't mean to squeeze her neck so hard.

Plus there would be evidence of a MVA -- blood, skid marks etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!