Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my line of thinking as well. Each time W has been asked about the public being at risk, he has given the cookie-cutter reply (I would tell everyone to ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings, etc...), but (to me), he appears almost annoyed when he says it. Just speaking for myself, I get the impression this is someone Mollie knew (or, at least, someone who knew Mollie).

Regarding other posts about LC speaking to the media. I'd like to think I'd be calm, cool and collected if my child were missing, but frankly, I wouldn't be...and you better believe I'd be screaming from the rooftops (especially after this much time and ZERO info from LE). It's easy to sit, from a distance, and judge what a mother should or should't do...but, as a mother, when it comes to my child's safety, rationality plays NO part. It's pure emotion and fierce protection (for me). It definitely wouldn't take being paid to get my message across. I'd be singing like a canary to anyone who would listen.

Speaking of being paid for information: another poster, replying to my post about co-workers not speaking, prompted me to question the LACK of leaking info from ANYONE who knew Mollie. How unusual is that? I have to believe, if LC was offered money for an interview (and I'm not convinced she was), others involved have been offered money, too. So is it simply that allllllll those who knew Mollie are THAT loyal to LE? Or is it just that no one has any real info?

Perhaps LE stressed the importance of keeping quiet to family & friends in the event that she is alive and leaked info could put her at more of a risk? I'd be willing to bet that if they are loyal and truly concerned with her wellbeing (which it seems they are), even money won't convince them to talk. I'm also thinking that LE is sharing limited info at this point, even with her parents. The more people that know, the higher the chances are that someone will "slip up", which could compromise the investigation. I'd like to think I would stop at nothing to get my child back but if LE advised me not to divulge anything that would risk her safety, I'd comply. No guarantee on calm, cool and collected however. I agree, I really think this was someone MT knew...at least someone she's interacted with, maybe not someone she knew really well.

Re the Fitbit. The LE will be able to tell when exactly her Hr spiked. Even when going on a run, usually seasoned runners are able to get back to their baseline, unless they are doing sprints etc. I think the moment she was taken/etc will be apparent to LE based on Fitbit alone. My Fitbit always had a max Hr for the day. I’m sure they know this info and I think most likely it will be very useful once they have the perp.

That's right. It's BGM.

Rural people are like city people, only they live in the country. Ha.

Look at the area as a county. Everyone knows everyone in the county, and likely the next county too. They have indoor plumbing, TV, cable and some even have internet. :)
Got it. But the original reason for posting this about BGM was that the prior poster was making point that there was no connection between these towns. I said I didn't get this as the kids all go to the same schools even though they technically live in different towns. So, people (kids and parents) would presumably know people from the wider region and attend events and football games etc. with each other all the time, just not their town. I find it hard to believe that these towns are so cliquey that kids from the various towns wouldn't associate with each other at school even though they go to the same school? Are you making the argument that Guernsey is 'not local'. PS: I have no idea how Deep River falls into this complicated county situation - but as they have a total population of 279 do they go to BGM schools as well? Help please! PS: I almost took your bait on the running water, cable tv and internet to make a joke! Perhaps another time!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree because a perp involved in Mollies disappearance would want to stay low and not get himself in any other trouble.

Assuming he is of normal intelligence.

There are perps who go on binges. And that sometimes gets them caught.

You have to think abnormally, like a perp -- and often that is very hard to do.

Got it. But the original reason for posting this about BGM was that the prior poster was making point that there was no connection between these towns. I said I didn't get this as the kids all go to the same schools even though they technically live in different towns. So, people (kids and parents) would presumably know people from the wider region and attend events and football games etc. with each other all the time, just not their town. I find it hard to believe that these towns are so cliquey that kids from the various towns wouldn't associate with each other at school even though they go to the same school? Are you making the argument that Guernsey is 'not local'. PS: I have no idea how Fall River falls into this complicated county situation - but I will check this out next? Do they have their own school? Help please! PS: I almost took your bait on the running water, cable tv and internet to make a joke! Perhaps another time!!!

Good points. Sometimes the schools know each other just to get into fights. So yeah there are cliques. Then after the fight they date each other's sister.

My point is that a person in Guernsey knows alot of people over a multiple county area. There are not that many employers around -- the biggest is where she went to school -- The University of Iowa. So through school, or employment or bad behavior, they know each other for miles around.

As you said, element of surprise. Appointment in a few days has no element of surprise.

Just my opinion but it’s always possible that now they’re watching to see what he does since they set the appointment—they could be hoping he tries to get rid of something or does something suspicious before that appointment...

We don’t know if the family is happy with LE or not. Her mom spoke freely about a lot LE has refused to mention.

If there was no attempted entry in the hardware store, grafitti hardly fits with abduction. And it was hours earlier I believe?

I don't think we know what the damage to the hardware store is... and the damage occurred sometime between 6pm and midnight which is potentially during the time when Mollie went missing.

I keep getting a baaaaad feeling about the cornfields and how thick and tall the corn is at the moment. Someone could be in there and not be seen.
Yes -- It would be a major pain to stash a body in a cornfield & not get lost -- especially if it possibly had been hidden at night, but...

Anyway, if her body (if she is deceased) were in a cornfield, the body may well not be discovered until the corn was harvested via a combine. This would provide pretty good cover by a local or a non-local for weeks -- good get-away time or good cover-up and calming-down time.

Got it. But the original reason for posting this about BGM was that the prior poster was making point that there was no connection between these towns. I said I didn't get this as the kids all go to the same schools even though they technically live in different towns. So, people (kidsi and parents) would presumably know people from the wider region and attend events and football games etc. with each other all the time, just not their town. I find it hard to believe that these towns are so cliquey that kids from the various towns wouldn't associate with each other at school even though they go to the same school? Are you making the argument that Guernsey is 'not local'. PS: I have no idea how Deep River falls into this complicated county situation - but I will check this out next? Do they have their own school? Help please! PS: I almost took your bait on the running water, cable tv and internet to make a joke! Perhaps another time!!!
WC has a fairly big family in Deep River which is south of Guernsey. WC himself lives rurally between Deep River and Guernsey. That’s part of the Montezuma school district which is a big enough district that they wouldn’t be in the same athletic conference as Brooklyn.

Yes -- It would be a major pain to stash a body in a cornfield & not get lost -- especially if it possibly had been hidden at night, but...

Anyway, if her body (if she is deceased) were in a cornfield, the body may well not be discovered until the corn was harvested via a combine. This would provide pretty good cover by a local or a non-local for weeks -- good get-away time or good cover-up and calming-down time.

Agree

I cannot even weed my pathetic sweet corn without breaking stalks. The trail would be remarkable (if you knew where).

Last edited:

Wouldn't broken stalks and/or vehicle tracks lead a trail to the body?

WC has a fairly big family in Deep River which is south of Guernsey. WC himself lives rurally between Deep River and Guernsey. That’s part of the Montezuma school district which is a big enough district that they wouldn’t be in the same athletic conference as Brooklyn.

The amount of land that family owns seems to be pretty amazing as well.

That's right.

It's BGM.

Rural people are like city people, only they live in the country. Ha!

Seriously compress the miles between houses into feet in a city. They know. They know most people in the county and likely next county too.

Oftentimes farm owners live in the areas for many generations, and over the years, I would imagine they may cross paths for multiple reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3